AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Ecstacy Pushes out Silence
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  12:42:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm replying to a posting on a different board

quote:
Originally posted by Katrine

It's the first time in weeks that I haven't "lost silence" to the intensity of the ecstacy.

Try doing less spinal breathing, or none at all. Or, if yo'ure not practicing spinal breathing, start.

In the end, though, the ecstacy is something to detach from. I've said it a few different ways in other threads, but let me try another angle: at a certain point our ability to create our own experiences becomes quite powerful. So if it's ecstacy you seek, ecstacy you shall have.

This is where siddhis come from, and this is why they are a distraction. As your subtle intentions magnify in their power, it's like a genie granting wishes you hadn't fully thought through. Let go of wishing. Let go of letting go. Pass off all deciding and intending to a higher and wiser power.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Jul 02 2006 1:01:49 PM

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  1:07:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A thought: Ecstasy is a symptom of purification. If someone is seeking it out, perhaps that is exactly what they need. Once we experience deep silence, the desire for ecstasy naturally wanes, replaced by the desire for more silence. But until then, seek ye what ye desire! Once it's on the path toward enlightenment, the body/spirit knows what it needs. I agree that ecstasy, like everything else, is something to detach from.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  1:20:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by meg

A thought: Ecstasy is a symptom of purification. If someone is seeking it out, perhaps that is exactly what they need. Once we experience deep silence, the desire for ecstasy naturally wanes, replaced by the desire for more silence. But until then, seek ye what ye desire! Once it's on the path toward enlightenment, the body/spirit knows what it needs. I agree that ecstasy, like everything else, is something to detach from.

Meg, it is true that ecstasy is a symptom of purification. But eventually (especially if you've got some kundalini juju going on), it becomes more readily and continuously available. At that point it can become a drug and/or a distraction. That's when, as you say, it becomes something to detach from. We can fool ourselves by claiming that we aren't aiming for ecstacy, but intentions are 1. magnified greatly by silence and 2. often different from what we profess to want.

As for the body/spirit knowing what it needs, I'm not so sure about that. We impose practices on that body/spirit, after all. And Yogani cautions us not to deem automatic yogas an indication that we ought to adopt the practices our body seems to be desiring. We keep our hands sternly on the controls via self pacing. Practice long enough and the spirit (rather than our desires, cravings, revulsions, and other programmed drives) can indeed drive the car. But until then, doing what comes naturally, for most people, involves indulging impulses that are anything but spiritual, even under the guise of spirituality (we've all seen a bunch of that sort of behavior over the years).
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2007 :  09:07:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jim

How strange....I never saw this post.

Yes - to all of the above.
You do get what you ask for. And yes - the intoxication of the ecstatic experiences is a "barrier" if not seen for what it is: Scenery.

Simple really - if more ecstacy is what i crave - then that's what I'll get. Period. It will - for the time being - perpetuate the identification with the body.

But - as always - i cannot act on words alone. I had to find out for myself. So - it took me some time to understand the implications of the above. Eventually, truth clicked in. Changing jobs last summer, made a huge difference. It stripped me of self importance, and also made it more difficult to cultivate the ecstacy 24/7. What remained, is what I had to face: Myself. And for that; inner Silence is crucial. So my "wanting" changed. No ecstacy is worth the appearant loss of inner Silence. The pain, when faced, always propels me back home.

The ecstacy is still immense.....around the clock. But by not focusing on it.....rather sort of "bypass it" and land in the inner pillar of soundless sound..... (or the outer shine; which I perceive to be the same)....I trust that what is, is what should be. At all times.

Seeing through my own motives now being a full time occupation ........how humourous; and good.... to find your post.....

I thank you - from the bottomless heart - for not giving up on me, Jim.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000