New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  3:10:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is exactly what I did.. I was out all this time.. I had to get out of the house to shake off the feeling.. the feeling I have when I just get out of my meditation.. But I have not been able to shake it off yet.. Its not that I am all dizzy and not talking.. I have a family that won't shut up just because I am feeling my silence.. and I appreciate that.. but even after 3 hrs.. being in a shopping mall.. ordering lunch and going for ice cream.. Even in the middle of the mall, with all the noise and people.. I was in perfect silence.. something I have not felt before.. I am not saying it was the meditation that did it..

Jim. I am not trying to hold on to anything.. I am not trying to recede.. I am just overwhelmed.. why? I don't know. It is a new experience.. that wil not last much longer I am sure..

Edited by - Shanti on Jul 02 2006 5:49:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  3:29:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't want to bring you down Shweta, but a feeling of silence isn't silence. I think I know the feeling you're talking about, though...the in your bubble feeling. Where you're centered and inward. It's good...but that isn't silence in my view. Silence is where your mind isn't making waves. This feeling you have will probably always subside.

...by the way, silence is also there when your mind is making waves. Everything is a thing, and that which sees the thing is silence. The more focused you become on one thing, the more apparent it won't be. Yep, I said won't...because silence is an absence.

-Scott

Edited by - Scott on Jul 02 2006 3:32:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  4:08:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott, just strictly intuition here, but I think what Shanti is having here is more energetic. Sometimes it's hard to assign the "right" words to things.

Shanti, I'd suggest walking. Couple miles per day if possible. Grounding is good.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Jul 02 2006 4:09:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  5:06:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Why would you want to shake the silence? That's what I like most about meditation; the fact that I can go about my day that is chock full of stress producing stimuli and just do what I do best and not let any of it touch me. Or is that what you guys are calling a bubble? Absolutely nothing jars me out of it; it just slowly fades.

Wolfgang: nobody's ahead of anybody here. I really believe there are multiple pathways developing at the same time, like a tree grows.
One person is growing one branch quickly, while another person is working on another branch. People already have branches developed before they come here; they just aren't aware of, or don't appreciate them.

Near-
I was joking about checking people out energetically.

I'd be up for next week.
What was fun for me was thinking of the different times for different people and imagining what it might look like in their
country at this time.

Edited by - n/a on Jul 02 2006 5:51:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  5:49:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jim,

I agree that it's energetic...I would call it a "feeling". Ha...pretty simple when put that way. You know, energy and the mind are two sides of the same coin.

I also agree that she should do grounding activities, such as walking. Last week I didn't self pace and found myself in the same type of situation as Shanti, while I was on a family vacation...so I walked, and actually prayed to be grounded so that my family wouldn't be like "what the hell?". Thankfully it worked.

I guess spending a whole evening in kechari isn't as good as it seems.

Etherfish,

You don't want to shake the silence, but rather, shake these feelings that come up which mess with your life. The silence can't be shaken. I have a feeling that Shanti will soon be experiencing some negative effects in her personal life, because the mindset she posted in is kind of...vulnerable. I hope I'm wrong, of course. But she just experienced this deep feeling, and is now open to new feelings...bad ones! It's good to maintain a normalized viewpoint, rather than being in awe. To have a centered and balanced mindset.

But to each his (or her) own.

-Scott
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  6:01:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ether, I was not trying the get rid of the silence.. just an observation that it still hasn't left me.. I am in the middle of it all.. and it is still here.. This is new to me.

Scott.. this one is different.. Few months back I agree I would have been a mess.. I am not spiraling downward. thanks for your concern though..

Thanks Jim..

Edited by - Shanti on Jul 02 2006 6:04:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

elldibor

20 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2006 :  02:22:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit elldibor's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by azaz932001

Very deep med at first and then interrupted, I went back and went deep again much more visual disturbances than usual, flashes of people sitting in a circle but probably psychological I dont know. We must keep this up, I'm looking forward to next week already

Hi Richard,

what you describe is very similar to my experience.

Here it goes …

First very deep mediation for about 10 min. Stronger than usual energy, keeping my back straight without the need of support. Currents of energy going up and down from the root to the third eye. Then, unexpected concentration of the energy in the space between the breasts, love in its purest form?. Then visual disturbances, as you called them, started: there were flashes of light, like stars hovering in the indigo sky, some of them differentiated into images...

Now comes the tricky part… Imagination? Illusion? Delusion? Call it what you want I just want to report what I remember experiencing and what I am able to put into words…

- … people sitting in the circle,… counter clockwise, only half of the circle is occupied,
-…. next to me is someone I know fairly well – 40 yo blond woman, then
- …. a 50+ blond overweight woman wandering out in the nature …
- …Yogani in his studio, wooden walls golden yellow, dressed in grey/black clothes, I wonder if he is bald really, he was not meditating initially
- … blue eyed blond woman(30+)in a red hockey suit ...
- …smiling dark haired, dark eyed woman(25-33 yo) with a hair to her shoulders, head leaning towards her right arm
- … blond male, around 35 searching to reach his lover in the astral

Then all this got blurred and after 20 min i fell asleep …

And I fully agree with you - We must keep this up, it is fun!

elldibor

'Dare to know'
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2006 :  05:42:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Elldibor
My med was actually physically interrupted by someone coming into the room so I wont know where it was going until next time.

Yes people sitting in a circle, but I think we see what we want to see sometimes don't you!

I went back in again but not so deep and that is when the visual disturbances started, very vivid flashes, but we should probably not take too much notice of that. very interesting though, I cant wait for next time we have definitely got to go on with this

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

elldibor

20 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2006 :  08:51:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit elldibor's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by RICHARD

Hi
Yes people sitting in a circle, but I think we see what we want to see sometimes don't you!

Hi Richard,

Afreed and very true - most of the times we see what we want.
But still there is the synchronicity thing,
which we better not ignore because of too much skepticism.
Healthy skepitcism and entousiasm to know is my normal approach.

So i am looking forward for the next session.

Elldibor

'Dare to know'
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2006 :  11:13:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Elldibor

Yes I am looking forward to it too, the connection thing should be no trouble at all just a simple matter of intent nothing more and you have that anyway just by joining in. Anything more than that simple intent and you will muck your meditation up just go in meditate as normal and expect nothing, If we all do that things will happen

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2006 :  2:15:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One good thing that happened to me was, since 2-3 weeks before this group meditation thing, my pranayama+meditation sessions were not going for 30 mins. I was just coming out after say 15-20 mins. Not that there is anything wrong in it, but usually my pranayama+meditation total time is around 30 mins.

With the group meditation, I came back to my previous 30 mins. Now all my sessions are like that. May be posting in the forum helped too.

I would love to do it next weekend too.

-Near
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2006 :  3:23:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. My meditation was boosted by joining you folks in meditation.

Thanks for setting this up Shanti. It was a great idea.

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2006 :  10:23:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh great, Elldibor; I have to dress respectably to meditate now.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2006 :  10:50:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is not me.. so I did not want to post this. However, it is something that happened without me trying.. so I am going to share it.

15 min before our meditation.. I did my spinal breathing for 10 min. then couple of rounds of chin pump.. I then closed my eyes to get ready for the meditation. I am not sure how.. but I could see myself as an energy body in space (Etherspace??).. I was facing the East.. I could see more energy bodies in front of me.. in space.. all floating balls of energy.. Richard, Louis, Katrin, Wolfgang, Elldibor.. maybe?.. On my left was David and Sarah.. on my slight right Jim.. on my right.. Yogani.. behind me.. Ether, then Meg, Near, Victor, Babaly... I did not see anyone.. just energy balls like planets in space.. just vibrating energy bodies.. It was for a few seconds.. then I started meditation.. I did not see any of these again.. Once again during Shamyama though.. when I dropped the word love.. I felt my silence rise like a cone from in me and spread all around towards each of these energy centers.. the same with unity and radiance.. but not with the rest.. It was very beautiful.. I stink at visualizing.. so this was something new for me. I felt this silence for the rest of the day..
I agree it is really foolish.. but since I was not expecting anything.. this was totally out of the blue..

Thank you all for sharing your energy with me.. I look forward to next Sunday.

Edited by - Shanti on Jul 03 2006 11:24:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

elldibor

20 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2006 :  02:22:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit elldibor's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Ether, I was not trying the get rid of the silence.. just an observation that it still hasn't left me.. I am in the middle of it all.. and it is still here.. This is new to me.

Scott.. this one is different.. Few months back I agree I would have been a mess.. I am not spiraling downward. thanks for your concern though..

Hi,
To me your experience sounds as if you are experiencing equivalents of what is called the withness, the unshakable silence in Yonagi's terms. If this is so, this condition(mindset,place) will become your shelter, ... and eventually you will able go in and out of it at will, spending more and more time in it. This will be your learning tool as well, from there you can compare... and therefore learn...
...something like this
very beautiful.

'Dare to know'
Go to Top of Page

elldibor

20 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2006 :  03:06:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit elldibor's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Oh great, Elldibor; I have to dress respectably to meditate now.

Hi Etherfish:

indeed you have and
your best option is to dress in light

'Dare to know'
Go to Top of Page

elldibor

20 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2006 :  03:43:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit elldibor's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shweta,

quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

This is not me.. so I did not want to post this. However, it is something that happened without me trying.. so I am going to share it.

Neither it was me when i posted the things i "saw"...

But i was surprised by similarity of the contents of my experiences and those which were mentioned by Richard... in your accout i also find content very, very similar to what i have experienced...

quote:

I then closed my eyes to get ready for the meditation. I am not sure how.. but I could see myself as an energy body in space (Etherspace??).. I was facing the East.. I could see more energy bodies in front of me.. in space.. all floating balls of energy.. Richard, Louis, Katrin, Wolfgang, Elldibor.. maybe?.. On my left was David and Sarah.. on my slight right Jim.. on my right.. Yogani.. behind me.. Ether, then Meg, Near, Victor, Babaly... I did not see anyone.. just energy balls like planets in space.. just vibrating energy bodies.. It was for a few seconds.. then I started meditation..

... so similar to my expereince ... i was facing west, i do not know much anyone of the praticipants, but i have the distinct experience of being able to feel their presence, we sit in a circle; some of us have shape and form others are just balls of brilliant light ... in my previous post i have tryed to put in words the "images" i saw ...

quote:

I did not see any of these again.. Once again during Shamyama though.. when I dropped the word love.. I felt my silence rise like a cone from in me and spread all around towards each of these energy centers.. the same with unity and radiance.. but not with the rest.. It was very beautiful..

i had an opening very similar to yours - an unexpected activation of the heart chakra, this extatic, sweet, blissful, undoing feeling of unconditional love...

quote:

I stink at visualizing.. so this was something new for me. I felt this silence for the rest of the day.. I agree it is really foolish.. but since I was not expecting anything.. this was totally out of the blue..

...i am not good in visualizing as well and the usual content of my mind does not contain images, or i am not aware of them, and i suppose it is because of this, i get this rather blurred visual experiences...
quote:

I agree it is really foolish.. but since I was not expecting anything.. this was totally out of the blue..

Do you really think it is foolish?

Certainly, it does not comply with the world view that was imposed on you, but this does not mean your expereinces are false or wrong... was it a bad experience for you?, i think not... what keeps us back is the fear of the endless, formless, that is behind our small I's ...

quote:

Thank you all for sharing your energy with me.. I look forward to next

yes, lets try it again...
eventually we will know that is the truth...

'Dare to know'
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2006 :  08:08:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Remember the lessons...if these things are experienced don't dwell on them. Value the practice, not the effect.

-Scott
Go to Top of Page

elldibor

20 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2006 :  1:05:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit elldibor's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Scott

Remember the lessons...if these things are experienced don't dwell on them. Value the practice, not the effect.
-Scott

Hi Scott and thanks for the remainder.

What makes you think long distance group meditation can
harm the sitting practices or for that matter our progress ?

see what David said:
quote:

Posted - Jul 03 2006 : 3:23:51 PM
Thanks. My meditation was boosted by joining you folks in meditation.
Thanks for setting this up Shanti. It was a great idea.

and Near
quote:

With the group meditation, I came back to my previous 30 mins. Now all my sessions are like that. May be posting in the forum helped too.

I would love to do it next weekend too.

Can you see something wrong?

I think this type of experiences can be helpful in terms of bhakti.
There is just one thing you need - inner silence and we all know it comes from sitting practices

Elldibor

'Dare to know'

Edited by - elldibor on Jul 04 2006 1:51:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2006 :  1:51:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Elldibor,

"Why makes you think long distance group meditation can
harm the sitting practices or for that matter our progress ?"

I didn't say that. I said not to focus on experiences but just to favor the practice. This is a major part of AYP deep meditation. In fact I think all of us meditating at the same time is a great idea, and a good thing. It can't harm our sitting practices or our progress.

"I think this type of experiences can be helpful in terms of bhakti."

I don't know. Bhakti is our desire for the ever-present goal...enlightenment. If these experiences are not the enlightenment, then if we have strong bhakti we should forget about whatever experiences may come and favor the practice itself. Of course, we can talk about the experiences, but it should be clear that they are not the goal.

It seems like when people get these experiences, their bhakti momentarily dies. They stop caring about the goal, and only care about this new interesting state of mind. So I don't think experiences are helpful in terms of bhakti, but rather, they can be harmful if focused on.

To put it simply: find out why you're doing the practice and never forget why.

-Scott
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2006 :  1:56:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
By the way, Yogani posted this in another thread...

quote:
As for the open discussions on experiences, it's sort of like democracy, you know ... sometimes messy, but much better than the alternative. Some of us old timers have seen the alternative, living under hierarchies that prohibit discussions on experiences, and it does not work.

As long as we are clear about real spiritual progress being beyond the multitude of our experiences, no matter how long it takes us to catch on, eventually we will. It was mentioned way early in the original AYP lessons -- experiences will be there and we will favor the practice.

-Scott
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2006 :  11:57:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is everyone ready for tommorrow? same time. i will be doing my meditation at the same time as last week. others can join. just a reminder so that we can plan things accordingly. 8:15 PACIFIC TIME, 11:15 eastern time

-Near
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  12:15:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, seeya all tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  06:18:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I'll be back
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  06:25:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll be there

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000