New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2009 :  11:07:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc,
The Saturday group started in Sept of 2008.
Here is the topic that started it: another group meditation?
Hope you can join us.

Thanks Carson.
Go to Top of Page

mysticone

USA
7 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  2:01:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit mysticone's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, I am interested in joing our meditation group. How long does your meditation last?
Jai Guru
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  2:07:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi mysticone and welcome to the AYP forums.

Have a read through this topic here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=5232
The group meditation lasts for 20 minutes but if you are only doing 10 minutes or 5 minutes or whatever you will start at 11:15am ET and go for as long as you regularly meditate for. Nice to have you here. Hope you enjoy the forums.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on May 04 2009 2:13:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

mysticone

USA
7 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  9:05:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit mysticone's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks CarsonZi,
My husband and I usually meditate for 60 minutes twice a day so we will join the group for Sat and Sun.
I had read the link. and thanks greatly,
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  11:24:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mysticone....

Are you doing AYP Deep Meditation? http://www.aypsite.org/13.html
If you are, 60 minutes twice daily is most likely WAY too much! Please have a (re)read through the linked lesson!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Emil

Australia
141 Posts

Posted - May 17 2009 :  02:25:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,
Me and my friends are planning to join the meditation and Samyama healing group. Just wondering do we have any info on how many people are meditating with us? And also is there a registration for statistics purpose?

Thanks,
Emil
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 17 2009 :  07:31:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Emil,
We do not have a count of how many do join us.. but I can assure you it's many. You will feel it when you join in.

Here is some more info on (you may have already read it):
AYP Global Group Meditation
AYP Global Group Samyama Healing

If you have any other questions please do feel free to ask us.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Emil

Australia
141 Posts

Posted - May 17 2009 :  10:37:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,
Thank you for your response. And also thank you for being so wise. I did some reading and found out it was kinda your idea! :) I did meditate at the given time and I felt it. About 10 years ago I used to meditate in a meditation center twice a week with 100+ other people. I can tell you my last night meditation felt like one of those. What is wonderful about it is that this effect is coming from all over the globe which means it will have a healing effect for every body and every thing on the planet. (That and the fact that I had my own sofa to sit on! )

I have to admit that I cheated a little. I started my meditation 10 minutes earlier than the given time so that when the group starts I would already be in depth! One thing that confused me was that the meditation stats at 11.15am and Samyama starts 10 minutes later at 11.25.
So I thought if I start 10 minutes earlier (at 11.05am) I would meditate for 10 minutes before the group then 10 minutes with the group and then start my samyama at 11.25 with the group! Does that make sense? Or should I start at 11.15 and meditate for 20 minutes and start samyama at 11.35am?

Anyway the end result was that I ended up losing the track of time and meditating for about 90 minutes in a row!

Edited by - Emil on May 17 2009 10:55:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  10:53:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Emil,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I really appreciate it.

You may enjoy it more, feel the swoop/dive into deep meditation, if you start with the group at 11.15.
Here is how Yogani put it:
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Hi All:

Not to butt in, but while routines can be kept according individual schedule, the group effect can be optimized by all beginning the meditation part of the routine at the same time. It's not mandatory, of course. Just some input for those who are interested in optimizing the group effect.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Some here meditate for just 10 min and start samyama at 11.25, but some (like me ) do full 20 min and start samyama at 11.35. So you can start at 11.15 and do a full 20 min.

Isn't it wonderful to be able to sit in the comfort of your own home and yet enjoy the group energy?

Thanks for joining us.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  11:41:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just noticed Emil, you are from Australia, and you must have had to join us at a very unearthly hour!!!

We had started an AYP Global Meditation Group-East, but I don't think it meets up anymore. If you or anyone else would like to re-start this group, we could have many more people joining in.

Just thinking/writing out Loud!!!
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  1:15:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is truly getting very powerful, the global group meditation! Even if I'm out doing other things and have no opportunity to join in properly, I'm drawn into it anyway... I get all dizzy and often have to sit down where I happen to be at 17.15 (when it starts here in Sweden), should it be in the middle of a supermarket or wherever... I'm taken over by it...
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  4:01:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I am the same way emc.. if ever (which is really very rarely) I cannot join in, as I am going about my day, I suddenly feel drawn within.. like a pull.. and if I look at the time, it will be 11.15.. so yes, my experience is the same. Also you are right about it getting powerful.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  05:23:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have to admit to having being a bit laxidazical about the groups meds of late.
But I was meditating a couple of weeks ago amongst trees in the country and had a really very deep experience. It happened to coincide with the group meditation time, so I guess that was probably the reason, thanks everyone
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  11:02:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm gonna enjoy this one.

4.15pm u k tiime for me

I may try connecting with som eof the names/ppersonlalites here like suggested earlier on in this thread. that is an idea.

"I"--- Cosmos. I guess it's all the same.

THX Shanti(what a bright idea!!), & EVERYONE here

Edited by - Akasha on May 19 2009 11:14:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  12:47:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, I joined todays meditation, and a little into it I felt filled with Love, and it felt like love from all of you who meditated at the same time, some peoples' energies I felt also very strongly.

Thanks All!!

Love!

Yonatan
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  1:01:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  3:51:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes...it was beautiful...thank you all
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  6:16:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very energiised,after it!!! Wooowwwwww!!---- thankyou pple.

I ended up in Loch Lomond today, the Home of the Loch Ness Monster. Very nice too,majestic,pretty.

Sat & Sun----So there's( tommorrow , uk time) Sun to look forward to as well

i hav'ent quite settled comfortably into siddhasana yet, I'll get there though. Raaapid evolution is right on the horizon,folks.

keep it up! Enjoy, pple.

Edited by - Akasha on May 23 2009 7:01:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

des022

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  8:54:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I started participating in the group meditation. This past sunday was my 2nd one. It was special to me and made me feel really good. I needed that. Its good to do group work. Thanks to all who participate. Does Yogani sometimes participate with everyone?
Go to Top of Page

avinod

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2010 :  08:21:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit avinod's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi - Please add Anjali to the Healing list. She is suffering from cancer and is in an advanced stage. She need immediate help from the group.

Thankyou for your support.
Anandi Vinod
Go to Top of Page

avinod

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2010 :  08:45:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit avinod's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi - This is regarding the previous note about adding my friend Anjali
to the healing list. She is a cancer patient and she is in an advanced stage with surgeries and in terrible pain. Please help her.
Thankyou for your support.

Note: Im re-sending this mail as I corrected the email-id in my profile.Thanks again.

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2010 :  09:44:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anandi Vinod,
I have added Anjali to the list. She will be up for emergency healing on Jan 16th.

Thank you for your request.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2010 :  09:45:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by avinod

Note: Im re-sending this mail as I corrected the email-id in my profile.Thanks again.

Hi Avinod and welcome.

I'm sure Shanti will address your request (ah, done!). I wanted to let you know that the email you registered with yesterday is not receiving mail from the forum, and you may want to update it. You can do so by clicking on the "profile" link at the top of this page, logging in, and making any corrections that you feel are necessary. The AYP forums have strong spam protection features, and you can elect not to receive mail from other members. A valid email is still needed for forum moderation notifications, periodic healing samyama list confirmations, etc.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  2:30:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,

Just want to let everyone know that USA will observe DST (Daylight Savings Time)on Sunday March 14 (the weekend after this weekend).

Please look at the list to see if and when your country will observe DST : Daylight Saving Time Around the World 2010

Europe will change time on March 28 Sunday.

It says Canada will not be observing DST this year. Can someone confirm? The time calculator says DST for March 12th, but the list of countries following DST says Canada will not follow DST.

So people who do follow DST, but not till later, remember, you will join in 1 hr earlier when you join the Global Group West.

If Canada dose not follow DST this year then people from there will will join in 1 hr earlier till Nov 7th.

I will post the correct times here on March 8th so we have a better idea of what time to join the group and begin our mantra meditation.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  3:56:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hahaha....we Canadians run on our own clock....we don't care what the rest of the world is doing....

Can't confirm or deny that we are(n't) observing DST this year, can just say that we march to the tick of our own clock

Love!

P.S. Thanks for all your hard work and planning/organization Shanti!

Edited by - CarsonZi on Mar 02 2010 3:57:07 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000