New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2018 :  4:29:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
surely jim its taken the universe billions of years to reach this level of contemplation and through us or our form expresses and experiences itself, maybe in another part of the universe in a different form its flipped the other way instead of dissolving like your iceberg its formed into the berg and purpose is found no medal of achievement just movement .
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2018 :  06:49:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kumar. Long live your poetry, and the poetry that is yet to come.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2018 :  09:07:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
long live our satsang
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2018 :  10:14:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kumar ul islam

these posts are the fruits of practice please post more

I would love to.

The stages have been expanded upon but if you have any questions about them as an aspect of the mind and or being I would love to provide my experience.

For instance:

Like when one integrates the inside and outside, the boundaries drop away and you can Energetically be with others. Very easy to tell if you are just fooling yourself or not in your mind.

Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2018 :  2:40:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jonesboy

Isn’t attainment really nothing more than the clearing away of our obstructions?

You are not an obsturcted persona evolving toward pure awareness. You are pure awareness pretending to be an obstructed persona.

If you want to pretend to be an individual clearing obstructions and gathering attainments, that's fine by me. It's as good any other activity awareness might occupy itself with within this fantasy of separate personhood (e.g. learning french, binge viewing The Wire, masturbating, etc). But there's something loopy about making an egoic mission out of the effort to transcend ego.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Mar 19 2018 2:46:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2018 :  4:14:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and His Karma

quote:
Originally posted by jonesboy

Isn’t attainment really nothing more than the clearing away of our obstructions?

You are not an obsturcted persona evolving toward pure awareness. You are pure awareness pretending to be an obstructed persona.

If you want to pretend to be an individual clearing obstructions and gathering attainments, that's fine by me. It's as good any other activity awareness might occupy itself with within this fantasy of separate personhood (e.g. learning french, binge viewing The Wire, masturbating, etc). But there's something loopy about making an egoic mission out of the effort to transcend ego.

I think you skipped some of my post.

quote:
Isn’t attainment really nothing more than the clearing away of our obstructions? If one is filled with ego that is an obstruction and would prevent one from any such attainments.

I.e. if you desire a state of being or some ability it is that desire/obstruction that will keep it ever out of reach.

You can say "You are pure awareness pretending to be an obstructed persona." or you have obstructions that keep pure awareness from being realized.

Really the same thing, either way the view is obstructed.

The important part is when one integrates the inside and outside, the boundaries drop away and you can Energetically be with others. Very easy to tell if you are just fooling yourself or not in your mind.

All the best,

Tom
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2018 :  4:20:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
something wonderful about self realisation
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2018 :  09:18:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Adding to the topic with regard to attainments with a couple of quotes.

Psalms 82:5-6

5They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course. 6I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Finally, if you prefer a more yoga (Kasmir Shaivism) description regarding "magical powers", Abhinavagupta states...

The question is thus appropriate because contentment (enlightenment) is not possible without a conscious realization. Contentment is of two kinds. The first is effected by means of absorption (samavesa) and consists of magical powers. The second is attained by reaching a condition of conscious heart-felt realization, and it is the state of being liberated while still alive.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000