Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 Northern Illinois Retreat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2012 :  5:21:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Is anyone interested in having a weekend retreat in northern Illinois?

The dates are the evening of Friday, March 15th, through the morning of Sunday, March 17th.

Accommodations are TBD. Suggestions are welcome.

Please let me know if there's interest, and many thanks!

--Liz

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2012 :  10:54:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If it was the weekend before, (and on the Sat/Sun/Mon, not the Friday) it's possible that I'd be able to attend as I could easily be in Chicago that weekend. Unfortunately I don't think I'd be able to do the 15-17th weekend.

Love!
Carson
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2012 :  2:30:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson!
Thanks for letting me know.

I should ask... to everyone....

Is there general interest in a Chicago-area retreat?
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2012 :  12:08:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Liz,
I'm close enough where I could drive to IL. Might be able to make it either of those weekends

Love,
kami
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2012 :  09:55:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful! I was looking for places between us. We can tentatively locate the retreat at the Abe Martin Lodge in Brown County State Park in Indiana.

I've reserved a two-story, two-bedroom cabin there.

The living room can be the meeting and dining place for the retreat.

In addition to the trails in the state park, there's a small aquatic center in the lodge. Here's a link to some photos.

Edited by - whippoorwill on Nov 25 2012 09:59:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2012 :  1:26:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, love the photos, especially the water slide, yay!

What weekend have you reserved this for, Liz? Any possibility of accomodating Carson?

Love!
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2012 :  3:38:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kami! I've reserved the cabin for the nights of March 15th and 16th, checking out at noon on the 17th.

I wish I could accommodate Carson! My husband works a 24 hour shift with 48 hours off, so he's always working either a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. He had to move his day off in March to give me that weekend, and I can't ask him to move it again.

I'll get a registration site set up as soon as I have all the needed info.

All the best to ya!

Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2012 :  5:58:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The details are in!

Retreat Dates: Friday, March 15th, to Sunday, March 17th, 2013

Retreat Location:
Abe Martin Lodge
1810 State Road 46 East
Nashville, Indiana 47448

Cost for single occupancy: $420.00 per person.

Cost for double occupancy: $325.00 per person.

Prices include: room, all scheduled meals, aquatic center pass, retreat fee.

People can register for this retreat here: http://aypwinterretreat.eventbrite.com

-------------------------------------

Note: This topic is continued here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=12521

Go to Top of Page

luvybug

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2013 :  7:54:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would just like to thank Liz for putting on a wonderful weekend retreat. It was exactly what I needed, extra practice, good food and conversation on top of being very relaxing. I loved our hike as well. It was very nice meeting Richard as well. You both were very helpful to the newbie:). I hope you will plan some meet ups soon.
Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

American Baba

USA
48 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2013 :  11:58:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What a beautiful weekend, both in terms of the weather and the retreat! It was obvious that much planning had gone in to the arrangements. While the size of the group was small, that allowed the opportunity to get to know each other better than often happens at larger retreats -- and there was still plenty of silence generated. It was my pleasure to have the opportunity to share that with both of you. Many thanks to Whippoorwill for making it happen and for keeping everything running so smoothly; by the way, if you were ever to decide to do it, I believe you would make an excellent yoga teacher!
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2013 :  11:18:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you both so much for your presence at the retreat! It was a wonderful experience, and I count myself thoroughly lucky that you were both there to share in it.

Here is a link to some photos, and here is a link to the recipes. And the retreat is discussed a little more here in this topic.

I look forward to doing some meetups in the Chicago area! I'll post as soon as something is set up.

All the very best to you!
--Liz
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000