Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Could tantra help when aspirant is above anahata
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sivasambho

USA
136 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2012 :  11:21:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
The following quote is from osho...

“Tantra is the natural way; the loose and the natural is the goal. You need not fight with the current; simply move with it, float with it. The river is going to the sea so why fight? Move with the river, become one with the river: surrender. Surrender is the keyword for Tantra; will is the keyword for Yoga. Yoga is the path of will; Tantra is the path of surrender."

“That’s why Tantra is the path of love – love is surrender. This is the first thing to understand; then Tilopa’s words will become very, very crystal-clear. The different dimension of Tantra has to be understood – the vertical dimension, the dimension of surrender, of not fighting, of being loose and natural, relaxed – what Chuang Tzu calls, “Easy is right.” With Yoga, difficult is right; with Tantra, easy is right.

“Relax and be at ease, there is no hurry. The whole itself is taking you on its own accord. You need not make any individual striving, you are not asked to reach before your time, you will reach when the time is ripe – simply wait. The whole is moving; why are you in a hurry? Why do you want to reach before others?“

I have been doing yoga all this time but basically i am a person that could surrender to anyone. I am a bit confused. So where does this put me, will I be more effective if I just take the path of tantra? Or should I just forget about all this and focus on hatha practises to clear the energy blocks. I am not sure if tantra really helps in removing energy blocks, the reason I am skeptical is - to be rid of energy blocks is one thing - but to be rid of energy itself is another thing... :) I would appreciate your comments...

Christi

United Kingdom
4381 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2012 :  11:48:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sivashambo,

You can practice yoga (hatha or otherwise) as well as tantra. The two are not mutually exclusive. Osho had a tendency to try and present tantra and yoga as opposites, presenting yoga as the way of striving and tantra as the way of acceptance and surrender. He made tantra sound like an easy process and yoga sound difficult. But actually they are not opposites at all. Surrender is as much a part of yoga as it is a part of tantra. Abstention is as much a part of tantra as it is a part of yoga, and so on.

They are really just 2 strings to a bow, so if you can practice both, then you are lucky and will progress faster.

Being rid of energy itself is not a goal in yoga, or tantra. It is also not possible as everything is energy. Using both hatha practices and tantric practices to dissolve the energy blockages in your own body is the fastest way to move forward.

When you say "beyond anahata", I assume you mean that you are experiencing energy movements in the higher chakras? Even when that is happening, it doesn't change anything about the process of purification. Still we use asanas, mudras, bandhas, pranayama, meditation and surrender as the methods of practice, with some minor modifications being made to do with the crown chakra..

But of course, it's always your call.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

sivasambho

USA
136 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2012 :  1:22:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

Thankyou for the clarification. Abstention is still the same quality that is practised in both places. I know some hatha practices but not much of any tantric practices. Someone was suggesting tantric practices are given by gurus and not taken on by an individual on his own. Do you know if there are authentic tantric practices being taught in the west with configurations that remove energy blocks. You could email me separately if you would like to keep it discrete.

I said beyond anahata, because there is movement of energy upwards. However someone had suggested that tantra is primarily concerned with removing blocks from the lower chakras such as swadishtana. Thanks again for your help.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4381 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2012 :  2:56:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sivasambho,

If you haven't already then see the tantra lessons beginning here:

What is Tantra?

Tantra is not only concerned with removing blockages in the lower chakras, but in the whole of the subtle body, right up to the crown and beyond the crown.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

sivasambho

USA
136 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2012 :  5:22:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Sivasambho,

If you haven't already then see the tantra lessons beginning here:

What is Tantra?

Tantra is not only concerned with removing blockages in the lower chakras, but in the whole of the subtle body, right up to the crown and beyond the crown.

Christi

Thanks Christi. I have started reading it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000