Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 ActualFreedom.com
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2012 :  2:41:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I found this pretty inspiring so thought I'd share.

http://actualfreedom.com.au/richard...lhistory.htm

Love!
Carson

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2012 :  12:52:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,

I read the first part of his story and wanted to post, then somehow let it go. I know someone who had a similiar experience like this man, his name is OWK (Edgar Hofer). They both share one interesting thing, both had some intense practice phase of roughly one year and both had an extreme case of kundalini awakening and both out of ontrol or choice lived in some heightened state and later on experienced even freedom from that. Both did not practice while the state continued, nor afterwards, yet both seem to want to share this.

I heard and witnessed others aswell, and it seems like thos who are into continuous yogic practices merge both the heightened state and the freedom into one, while those who stop the practice may or may not come to the final freedom but seem "to loose" the very high functioning of the body mind.

E.g. Yogani and all the kriya yoga masters and a lot of other yogic masters speak of kaivalya as the final and ultimate freedom but doesn't mention any change in their god-state.

I have met Maitreya Ishwara and Madhukar, the first practiced awareenss based meditation for 20 years, the second practiced his last life and this life pranayama and meditation and later on self inquiry only and both speak of the final freedom and were willing to give it easily as a taste, but the second had an obvious stronger body-mind with proportional more effects on those who were sitting with him. When it comes to subtlest of subtle both were equally strong in their sharing. Yet the first one himself still spoke of (and I witnessed it) the ongoing killer state of the body-mind + the final freedom.

Madhukar e.g. only points to the self, but his body-mind is extremly transformed and capable of lifting hundreds of people into his state.

Long story, in short my observation is, that the actual freedom does not stand in opposition to anything. But in the end everyone will have to find out himself as it seems =P

Love and greetings
Holy
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2012 :  10:03:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for posting this Carson, I think it highlights some common misconceptions of waking up to the world.

He initially calls what he experienced in 1981, enlightenment. It appears from his own description that his identity/ ego moved into the spiritual arena. So in other words he traded his old ego for the spiritual ego: the saviour, here to better humanity etc. This is observable in people and appears to last a little or long while depending on each person. The idea of "I'm enlightened" eventually passes.

Funny that many who have studied yoga extensively, look to peak experiences of ecstasy and bliss as markers of this so called enlightenment. These experiences are more related to inner energy opening and the more intense they are, the more it is a measure of the state of the particular mind/body when they happened, not divine anointment. The more intense, the more purification that particular mind body required at the point the energy opened up. I would suspect that regular practices help to smooth this out and speed transition through this period of spiritual identity aggrandizement.

The actual freedom, the true and complete dissolution of the "i/me" thought, which he called soul death in his posts. Recognizing the world as being perfect amidst all the obvious imperfection. The great game of life that the One is here playing. No role to play, no world to save. Each entitled to experience and play with duality as they see fit. Who are we to save them and take that away?

Nothing wrong with a little spiritual ego anyway, a lot of good books and efforts have come from it. The intense energy there to inspire people along the way. All seems like a perfect recipe from Life to continue its own evolution through form.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2012 :  1:16:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
The actual freedom, the true and complete dissolution of the "i/me" thought, which he called soul death in his posts. Recognizing the world as being perfect amidst all the obvious imperfection. The great game of life that the One is here playing. No role to play, no world to save. Each entitled to experience and play with duality as they see fit. Who are we to save them and take that away?

very nice.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000