Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 About Talabya Kriya
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2012 :  10:23:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

Just a short question.

Where can i find more literature on Talabya Kriya?

Every other technique appear in some ancient text (Hatha yoga pradipika for example, lists the mudras, Khechari, the shatkarmas etc.)

After some 9 months of Talabya i'm staring to feel a tingling sensation in the crown, and as the lessons state this is not desirable at this point (i just have 2 months of Deep Meditation)

Thanks a lot for any advice

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2012 :  04:22:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
http://kriyayogainfo.net/Eng_Home.html

There you can find videoclips and instructions within the ebooks.

Wouldn't worry too much with some tinglings. At least it shouldn't have its cause much in Talabya kriya, maybe a little bit.
Go to Top of Page

vjoshi

India
9 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2014 :  10:45:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am practicing talabya kriya since one month . My tongue can cover just half of the soft pallete.What time it will take to go beyong uvula ..?
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2014 :  1:02:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think its different for every one Vjoshi.

Kind of like physical exercise where people get different results doing the same work out.

I was able to get beyond the uvula as a kid but it was uncomfortable and I did it just to itch my throat not knowing about Kechari Mudra.

When I started practicing Kechari years ago before I found AYP I got fast results because I fanatically tried for hours a day. I wouldn't recommend that though. Like AYP suggests its better to just make a balanced effort so progress is steady and emotions stay level.

It'll happen soon Vjoshi!

Go to Top of Page

vjoshi

India
9 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2014 :  12:46:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much BilinL.A.. I have heard that when you are in khechari ,the thought process slows down to minimum .What is your experience?
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2014 :  2:03:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm probably a bad example Vjoshi because sometimes I have very little response from Kechari.

I can easily rest my tongue inside either nostril cavity or perform alternate nostril breathing (Nadi Shodhan pranayama) using my tongue to block each nostril kechari style. I always get some kind of calming affect and/or ecstatic response but sometimes just a bit.

In 1981 while doing SRF kriya (spinal breathing) I experienced what Yogani has referred to in a lesson as a "devastating" ecstatic experience where I fell over onto the floor and prayed to die from the ecstasy until falling asleep.

Then I've gone years in between such experiences. I think its because I have some extreme spinal kinks. Since last fall I'm doing an hour of asanas with basrika daily and making steady improvement in my posture like never before in may life. I'm in my late 50's so I'm trying to make up for lost time. I also do many of the other AYP meditation techniques.

So if you have a decent posture vjoshi you may get a lot more affects than I do.

Go to Top of Page

vjoshi

India
9 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2014 :  07:39:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@BillinL.A ....Thanks for your motivating post .I will practice talabya for few more months and let you know my progress ..thanks again
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2014 :  1:13:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It'll be fun looking forward to your updates Vjoshi.
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2014 :  3:55:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Anibaru

My suggestion is to do all the things like Praynam and Meditation along with Kechri. Don't put too much emphasis on Kechri. Let it to happen at its own. Slow process will be better. As forcing something premature can be too much energy.

All the best

PKJ
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000