Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Trouble Falling Asleep
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Assorted Vibrations

USA
25 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  5:01:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
The ever present radiance of energy that has come from kundalini opening is making falling asleep difficult, because I always feel energized. I know people say that you may not need to sleep as much and that you don't need to worry about the sleep that you can't get, but the thing is that in the morning I feel very tired and want to sleep in in order to make up for the lost sleep of the night before. This in turn destroys my sleep schedule. I was wondering if anybody has found methods that help them fall asleep despite the never dimming inner radiance? Thanks.

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  8:37:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have a look at lesson 213. I have had trouble falling asleep in the past from other reasons, but found that it resolved itself over time and with consistent practice. Sometimes it is the case that you just have to lie there and let the body get rest even if you feel awake. It is much more refreshing to lie down awake than to do something else. One thing that has also helped me is to shift attention into imagination, and try to make up a storyline as you go. This encourages the mind to wander freely, up to a point where you drop out into sleep. Exercise can also be helpful for a number of reasons as long as it isn't too close to bed time.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  8:53:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How close to bed time do you do your second session?
Try to do the second session in the afternoon, this way the energies will have some time to settle down.

Go to Top of Page

gtmelb

Australia
1 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  11:49:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit gtmelb's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I often have this problem. I use chrystals in meditation but I also use them at night to get me to sleep. I find they seem to calm or draw out the excessive energy that is keeping me awake. For me, a combination of clear and pink quartz works well for me. It's worth a try!
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - May 30 2012 :  11:48:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You should probably cut down on practice times and be sure to not practice near your bed time.

Go to Top of Page

Assorted Vibrations

USA
25 Posts

Posted - May 30 2012 :  3:18:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My second practice is usually around 7-8 hours before bed, which I figure is a good amount of time. I've been trying the imagination thing but I find it more useful for a restless mind than the restless body problem. Lesson 213 suggests getting some good exercise after the second practice and before bed, and this is what I am really going to experiment with now. Thanks for pointing out that lesson. I will let you all know how effective the exercise method is after a week or so of everyday practice. Thanks for all of the advice.
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  05:03:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Try a gentle walk in the fresh air before going to bed - but avoid vigorous exercise too close to bedtime, as this will simply keep you awake for longer.

Simply watching your breath as you lie in bed can help you drift off to sleep - not watching in a meditative sense, but simply observing it - in and out - can be very soothing. Another thing is to mentally list things you're grateful for as you review the day that has been.

I've had chronic sleep issues for four years which have only recently begun to resolve. One thing I found extremely helpful was to use the Zeo system to measure accurately how much sleep I was actually getting, and what kind of sleep it was. Zeo is not a treatment for sleep difficulties, but a way of measuring what's going on. For me, it was extremely helpful. If you are attuned to do reiki, you could try self-treating for 15 minutes when you get into bed.

I have read that of those who experience sleep difficulties following kundalinin awakening, for some it resolves and for others it doesn't. I'd got to the point where I'd accepted that I might always have issues with sleep - and then fairly spontaneously (over a period of about 8-10 weeks) it did resolve and I sleep very well again.
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  3:56:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I made a sleepy post in another AYP thread: www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=8463#73111

Sweet dreams!
Go to Top of Page

Assorted Vibrations

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  02:23:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the additional info. I have found that if I exhaust myself with a cardio exercise of around 40 minutes or more, I fall asleep within a half hour, which is great for me. I have been exercising shortly after my second yoga session and it hasn't been keeping me awake nor exacerbating the kundalini fires. Thanks again all for the suggestions and info.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000