AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Shakti and Kids
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - May 15 2006 :  09:54:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

I realize there are some moms in this forum also. Being a single Mom and all my six year son sleeps next to me and I was wondering if the strong currents flowing through me would affect him negatively in any way. I have also noticed he moves away especially when the currents are high while he is sleeping. Sometimes when it is extremely high I am most comfortable sleeping on the floor, on a mattress of course.

Is it okay for him to be around when I saying my 3 minute prayer?

I have heard this shakti is possible to be passed on to kids is it true?

Edited by - AYPforum on Feb 06 2007 12:37:26 AM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 15 2006 :  10:47:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nsantoo,
Yogani had briefly talked about this in one of his posts..
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=979
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Near said: I have a doubt, hope someone can help me out here. When I meditate there is some pain in my roommate's ajna chakra. What do I do about it? self-pace?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Near:
Though maybe this was offered in jest in relation to a private discussion , it is an interesting question, and not so far-fetched. There have been several couples who have written me over the past few years with this very issue. And, indeed, one person would sometimes end up self-pacing practices for the benefit of the other.
The other alternative is for the roommate to self-pace by putting a safe distance between themselves and the source of the intense spiritual light. That has happened also.
Is yoga tricky, or what? And we are only scratching the surface.
This is a real issue for couples and others in close proximity who are on the path. Anyone with examples, feel free to post...
The guru is in you.

This was with respect to other adults though.. so I am sure a child would really get affected.. or maybe just the opposite.. since their nervous system is not fully developed that may not feel it as strongly.. Not sure..
Maybe Yogani can help.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - May 15 2006 :  12:01:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When my kundalini awakened and I figured I was on the verge of transforming into some godly spiritual superman, I had to go to my sports massage therapist to fix a neck problem. As I drove there, I fretted over whether I'd, like, burn her fingers, and whether I ought to warn her.

I didn't say a thing and she didn't notice a thing. Well...except all my muscles were incredibly relaxed.

Of course, I wasn't sleeping next to her all night (she's not "that kind" of masseuse), which might be a different thing.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2007 :  12:37:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000