Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 new here, hello, 2nd bout
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

keith197

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  6:42:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hey, i just signed up for the forum, haven't read much here yet, but just wanted to get something off my chest... i first learned about kundalini picking up a random book at barnes and nobles, and 40 pages into the book, i knew this was what i was looking for, so i put the book down and found my own way to rise it for the most part, after about 4 months of the kundalini growing more intense, my family sent me to the hospital for schizophrenia and within 2 days of the medicine the kundalini was killed so to speak. 5 years later, almost nowadays, i earned my kundalini back finally thru the right food and finally being able to stop taking docots meds. i got it back around november 2011 maybe october... so this is my 2nd bout, the weird thing is though, i find it hard as heck to maintain my kundalini with anyone or person in my vicinity, and i find it hard when i do left brain stuff like mainly reading to sustain my kundalini in this process also, the 1st bout: i could go out in public and shine/gleam/glisten like an angel in front of anyone, and i could read with that childish wonder while raising the kundalini to help guide me and pleasure me, so nowadays on my 2nd bout, i cannot hardly at all feel my kundalini when i read books aka surmise more knowledge, and also it is almost like other people are blocking me from my kundalini gift when im in their presence, and it is very annoying. i'm in a predicament where i don't want to let the kundalini go away this time, but i need to read in order to continue gathering knowledge, so it's definitely annoying. ANYONE HERE EVER HAD THESE GENERAL PROBLEMS OF JUGGLING THE LEFT/RIGHT BRAIN? any suggestions? i'm sure it will mend with time, due to my past history of being denied/murdered kundalini due to those around me with power over me who didn't understand or believe in kundalini one lick. i'm thrilled my kundalini has surfaced again, but it is obvious that it is not as magical as the first time around when i was like 22 years old, and "losing it" or it "getting murdered" in the sense of my kundalini gift is always lingering in the back of my mind. of course money is a problem for me too, but who doesn't have that one lol. LONG LIVE THE KIDS lol

BellaMente

USA
147 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  10:53:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi keith, welcome to AYP.

I wanted to say that I was like you when I first found out about kundalini and the effects of meditation. I thought it was a cure-all, the answer to everything I was searching for. However, what I found more rewarding was the new found desire (bhakti) I had for spiritual practice, which led me to this site which led me down paths I never would have gone down before, which in turn led me to spiritual growth and development. Spiritual growth and development is far more important than any ecstatic and blissful experiences through just kundalini (not too mention that when unprepared kundalini can cause a whole lot of negative and unwanted symptoms).

A few questions:

What is it about kundalini that you are attracted to? What would you like to gain from kundalini? What is it that you truly seek?

What kind of practices were you doing first to stimulate the kundalini?

What kind of practices are you doing now?

Personally, the reason why I like the system here at AYP is because unlike other systems, it stresses the importance of the purification of the nervous system through practices like spinal breathing and deep meditation and self-pacing when there is too much purification and energy overload symptoms, which leads to a smooth, gradual opening of the nervous system in order to properly prepare for the intensity of kundalini and higher awareness. Steady spiritual progress.

Too much kundalini going through a nervous system that is not purified enough will fry it and cause negative symptoms and can lead to psychotic tendencies.

By the way, in response to your question about left-brain activity: I teach math and physics all day and can get stuck doing left brain activity for hours on end, the intense concentration is almost like a different form of meditation for me. I never really noticed if it affected my energy because I am not paying attention to it, but I don't think it's because it stops, it's just that I'm not focused on it...

Go to Top of Page

Ichigo

Israel
66 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  04:18:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was wondering, what made other people "kill" your kundalini other then the meds you got? is it that there is too much activity and getting non peace moments around people that make your kundalini sink back in?

I hope this is not personal, but I get it you got schizphrenia as when your kundalini rise? could you tell the whole progress how it started? and after you stopped taking doc drugs, do you still have it?

Edited by - Ichigo on Apr 08 2012 1:09:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marcel

USA
41 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  10:01:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marcel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Keith,

If you're still around, please know that there are many cases of kundalini awakenings coupled with psychotic symptoms, especially if the nervous system is not sufficiently purified. Just search the web and you will see. Case in point, I share a similar story to yours which I have also posted on this forum http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=9336

This is an excellent site for unbiased spiritual knowledge and practices. Please look at Yogani's lessons in order from #10 http://www.aypsite.org/10.html. You will be amazed at what you will find.

Best,
Marcel
Go to Top of Page

keith197

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  04:35:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And most written about the kundalini might just be lies to scare people. IVe never had nothing but a great and holy time with my kundalini and never had a problem with it except the main problem: everyone in my life had tried to keep me from it and had totally not trusted me. Disgusting people who cannot support the holy Pi man on me, and unclean people around me are the people who have ruined my kundalini here and there . Kundalini -been perfect . People around me- savage killers on an upper level and lower level
Go to Top of Page

Medea

Netherlands
115 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  1:28:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Keith,

if I where you, I would focus more on getting a stable practice that focusses on cultivating inner silence (Shiva) and a little less on Kundalini (Shakti). Both are needed for fruitful spiritual growth. When only the Kundalini is fed she will ravage through your nervous system in search for her man, which can cause general instability and psychosis like effects. Kundalini becomes so much more beautiful and useful if it is coupled with inner silence.

Ultimately, spiritual progress is measured in how we relate to those around us, not in how spectacular the side effects are. This always works as a splendid reminder for me every time I suffer from "spiritual arrogance" Good luck to you.

Edit: inner silence cultivating practices are meditation, samyama etc.

Edited by - Medea on Jun 12 2012 1:32:25 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000