Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Karma Busting and Legitimacy of Siva Baba
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chaz

USA
129 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  4:03:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,

Recently I've been thinking a lot about karma and it's effects on ones life. I know DM and Yoga can very well make living life a much better experience, but what about your overall karma, are you not still forced to live it all out? Are there other influences that effect your life besides karma, such as astrology and numerology? Can we ever be free of these influences, and if so how?

A while ago, before actually taking up AYP and just beginning to get the gist of meditation, I had come across a youtube video of a self-proclaimed yogi master (at least that's what I think he's trying to claim, anyways,) named Siva Baba, or Dr. Pillai, among many other names, who strongly believes we as humans have infinite potential (doesn't sound too off track there) who are capable of completely controlling our destinies and living the life of our wildest dreams. He gives information and practices to bring us to a point where we are able to do this. Here's his main website with most of his teachings, and products as well...

http://www.pillaicenter.com/

and his YouTube channel,

http://www.youtube.com/user/DattatreyaSivaBaba

One of his teachings involves karma busting, or removing negative karma to allow you to freely live life without karmic influences. The practice involves chanting the mantra thiru neela kantam while focusing on and visualizing a blue light at the throat. He also advises to rub flower petals (and there was somewhere I read lemons) around the forehead, neck, shoulders, etc. And in doing these practices negative karma will be dealt with.

It certainly sounds interesting and is a practice I'm willing to take up IF IT WORKS. I personally feel like the karmic influences in my life, or any influence really, hasn't really been working for me but rather against me and I'm ready for a more forward direction in life. I'm still new to this yoga stuff, so maybe that's my ticket if I keep at it. But I'm also very willing to try all types of things, whatever will help the situation.

I'm VERY skeptical of this guy though, I'm not sure why. He doesn't strike me as someone who I readily wanna believe in or trust, and I'm not too surprised that many things on the website lead to a product of his or service he is trying to sell. He could just be another scam artist, though I know Wayne Dyer worked with him, and that's how the AH manifestation meditation came about. Never used it enough to see results though, maybe I'm just lazy. Dr. Pillai is big on sounds to change consciousness and create reality and I guess that's a real thing, considering we meditate on a mantra.

Does anyone have experience with removing karma, is it possible and if so are there any proven methods? And what about this guy, anyone know well of him, or have met him in person or used his teachings and practices with success? I'm curious to see what some people have to say about him.

Edited by - AYPforum on Feb 20 2012 4:23:13 PM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  4:23:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

harsharan000

Spain
59 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  5:28:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Frankly speaking brother, this Karma theory and science is such a complex system, that sometimes as much as you may try to analyze...it may lead one nowhere, or create more confusion in us. But that much I will say, even in the bible it is said, as you sow, so shall you reap...whatever we do...we create karma...this creation has been designed in such a trickery way, that there is almost no way without creating karma and thus escape from it. Also karma is a way to chain down souls in this creation, with the mind as a watchman....to see that no soul escapes from its clutches.

Dhritrashtra, as we all know was blind from birth. Once in the presence of Shree Krishna, he told him, that with the result of his yoga practices, he could go back 100 lives back, and see that he had not done any karma for which he was to be blind. So Krishna, with his own power, took him internally five lives even further, that means 105th life back, and showed him that, in that life, once as a child, and sitting near a pond, how he was ill treating an insect or worm, and with a pointed object was taking its eyes out. So we can see how karma is gathered, but where, how or when is the reaction of that karma going to take place, that we can never know, neither it is in our hands. That Nature alone knows.

But that is true, nothing happens without karma. Either, one is sowing karma, or either one is reaping it. Nobody can alter one´s life. Nobody should be blamed.

Family relations, friends or foes; success or failure, pleasure or pain, health or sickness...what is all this...it is just an adjustment of karmas. To some we have to give, from others we have to receive, and the moment, one´s giving and taking is cleared, one just goes its own way.

Anyhow, there is more deeper meaning behind karmas and some more things are related to all this process, but that much I will surely say, it is surely a way of mother Nature to make amendments in us, forcing us in a way, to once again be conscious of our true spiritual nature with its divine qualities and virtues ,thus making us immaculate slowly but gradually; though for most of the beings it can be eons, before we can reach that state of purity, and merge in our Origin.

Once a Mahapurush was asked, what is sin(paap) and what is virtue(punya)?
And the Mahapurush answered: anything taking you away from the divine is a sin, and anything taking near the divinity is virtue or a good action.

So next time we do anything, let us take care of our thoughts,speech and actions. Let us do no harm to anyone in anyway. That is why Christ said: love thy neighbor as thyself; means nobody cheats himself, in that way we shall not cheat anybody, and thus avoid sending unnecessarily invitation to pain or problems, to pay us a visit.

Edited by - harsharan000 on Feb 20 2012 6:15:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  6:12:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, as humans we are subject to the vicissitudes of the universe. We don't make the game, we play it.

If it were otherwise, we'd be gods instead of humans.

Go to Top of Page

harsharan000

Spain
59 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  6:32:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nay, even gods or godesses, are mere puppets, or don´t you remember the incident between Indra and Krishna? For which according to the holy texts,dev Indra made the rain fall heavily for so many days

On the contary as it is beautifully said in the begining of the Granth Sahib:
Ikonkar: there is only one God, Lord....

Nirbah nirvair: He is fearless and without any enemy

There is only one Director of the play...the rest of us are as you said, mere actors.

Edited by - harsharan000 on Feb 20 2012 6:51:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

harsharan000

Spain
59 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  6:41:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tonightsthenight

Well, as humans we are subject to the vicissitudes of the universe. We don't make the game, we play it.

If it were otherwise, we'd be gods instead of humans.

So in order to overcome the vicissitudes, it is essential we know the rules of the game...only then can one make a right move.... we are divine spiritual beings going through human experiences....but definetely , we are spiritaul beings in the true sense
Go to Top of Page

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  10:10:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Chaz

Seems that you are going through a rough patch in your life. Do not worry.. it will pass soon. Days are longer and years are shorter.

And all the desperate looking to fasten the karmic clearing will come into our minds only now. I have been through that phase wondering if there was ever a way out of this mess created out of my 'so-called' sown seeds of the past.

Whatever we do in AYP is also targeted towards handling karma per se. When Yogani mentions us to go back to mantra when we are off of it, it refers to the karmic tendencies and circumstances let out/released from our nervous system that needs to be robbed of attention. As long as you give attention , it's like fanning the fire of karma.

Even a simple effort to watch your breath or do DM or SBP equates to preparing your system to remain unperturbed/calm in the midst of whatever energy/karma is in motion externally. If you refer earlier AYP lessons, somewhere Yogani mentions, that we do not transcend suffering and karma altogether, but our identification with it.

For our identification to effortlessly glide into our witness state or deeper states of pure bliss consciousness, we meditate twice-daily cultivating stillness. A good analogy would be seeing a core of atom(neutrons and protons) abiding still amidst the rotating electrons in orbits. No, I am not a physics student.

If you practise techniques by Siva Baba, let us know if you were benefitted. Personally I do not have a great opinion on this person. He claims to be Vallalar, Agastyar(Sages) in his past incarnations which is outright contrary (atleast to someone like me who has grown up in this locality).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000