New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  7:16:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Haha Radharani. Really enjoying your posts.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  01:49:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Good that you are a connoisseur yourself. That's a way you can get wine for free, but I suppose Florida is not wine country, and it doesn't help when away from home like karaoke night.
My grandfather used to grow his own grapes in oregon and make his own wine. Delicious, but he was Japanese, so he liked to ruin it by putting sugar in it. We had to get it before that point.

Wine for FREE??? excuse me, I think we have a communication breakdown here. I did not say I was a PROFESSIONAL connoisseur. ah, if only! Oh yes, it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get decent wine at a bar here in Panama City. Sometimes I am forced to drink Jaeger... That is awesome that your grandfather had his own vineyard! We do grow grapes here but don't have the time or inclination to try to make our own wine. I've heard it is quite difficult and I have not been impressed by the home brews I have sampled. surely would not want it with added sugar.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  07:43:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh i see, private connoisseur. I thought the word implied pro. I think the only difference is finding a magazine that thinks you are good.
Understood no desire to make wine, but it's not very difficult. Making beer from grain is harder, and I've done that. But you do have to have a lot of grapes, I mean gallons of juice. You basically just take a jug of juice, add a little yeast, put a vapor lock on it, and let it sit where the temperature is good and it's dark. You try different wine yeasts in different jugs, and wine makes itself! The home brews you didn't like most likely had to do with the kind of grape, type of yeast, and how long it was fermented. You have to look up the wine you like and find out those factors.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  04:27:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No, it does not (imply pro). When I said "difficult" I meant "difficult to make it come out tasting like good wine." One of my fellow connoisseurs, a "pro," in fact the person who taught me everything I know about wine and who has worked for high-end wine companies, got a home wine-making kit and put a lot of time and energy into the appropriate research and followed the instructions explicitly, and the results were underwhelming. I mean, it was drinkable; it wasn't wrectched or repulsive, but... She eventually gave up on it. I figured if anybody would be able to do it, she was the one! So when her efforts were unsuccessful I decided not to even bother.
Go to Top of Page

Mikananda

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  09:47:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A sober mind is best.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  2:02:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think fine wine is drunk to become intoxicated, but I could be wrong.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  5:47:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

I don't think fine wine is drunk to become intoxicated, but I could be wrong.

You would have to kind of work at it. Wine is intended to be sipped slowly. To become intoxicated I would go for Jaeger or rum or something.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000