Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Mantra refining and crown activity
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2012 :  9:18:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all

When the mantra refines(AYAM) and dissolves into stillness, at times I feel the head becoming very light and almost non-existent(if that makes sense).

Also I sense the mantra resonates within the head cavity subtly stirring a soft spiralling energy extending from crown to throat(extends to root as well). In AYP parlance, I believe this equates to crown activity and it continues outside meditation too.

I have been meditating for only 2-2.5 years for now , been with AYP exclusively for 5 months. I came across a lesson on solar centering.. do I need to "deliberately" bring my attention to the solar plexus/navel area or let it naturally resonate within the head cavity?

Can somebody please share your thoughts on this?

Love!

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  06:07:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chitanand,

There is no need for you to make any changes to what you are doing. It is natural for the crown to become active at some stage and it is a very beautiful part of the awakening.

If you find at some point that your symptoms are becoming uncomfortable, then you certainly could use the solar centering technique to bring your attention away from the crown. read lesson 199 if you have not done so already.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  11:52:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Christi for the reply. I occasionally experience emotional storms for a day or two in a month. At those times, I back off from practices. Rest of the time, I will stick to where my attention naturally gravitates.

Let me wait to see how this strategy copes up in the long run

P.S : I once mailed you few weeks back on getting some of my doubts clarified after noticing a crown awakening post in AYP forums. Just assumed you were not inclined towards mail!
Go to Top of Page

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  11:56:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
It is natural for the crown to become active at some stage and it is a very beautiful part of the awakening.

True! Bliss and peace.. Those states have subsided for now but still I got a taste of what Vedas portrayed on the state beyond attachment and aversion Blessed Yogis!
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  12:58:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chitanand,

quote:
P.S : I once mailed you few weeks back on getting some of my doubts clarified after noticing a crown awakening post in AYP forums. Just assumed you were not inclined towards mail!

I only check my mail every month or so, but I always reply in the end! Easier to find me here.
Go to Top of Page

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  11:07:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One more question Christi..

What happened to the sun-gazing experiment which you did few years back? If yes, in what ways did you benefit..
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  1:33:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chitanand,

It was very beautiful. I practised each morning and evening on a beach in southern India. It was the first time I began to experience whole body ecstasy, whilst walking and swimming in the see. How much of that I can attribute to the sun-gazing, and how much to the yoga I was doing, I can't say. Everything contributes I guess.

I also went for days without eating and without feeling hungry. It was a very interesting time. I'd love to do it again.
Go to Top of Page

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2012 :  9:16:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the reply.

I enjoyed sun gazing as a child for sometime.. Delighted to know now how those simple practices can revolutionize the anatomy of the body. I may try it again someday.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000