Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 energy body apprearance
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Amfreenow

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2011 :  8:23:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I had an OBE looking back down on the energy body. There was a golden egg with the Third eye being the seventh, but two above that one. The 7th was a bright point of light compared to the glow of the rest of the system.

Amfreenow

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2011 :  10:26:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Up to this point the 9th chakra had been beyond perception, but it does exist above the physical body in Akash, and presumably will be known after death.
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2011 :  11:03:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
nice experience!
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2011 :  05:20:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Amfreenow,

Yes, there is a chakra above the crown chakra, about 1 to 2 feet above the physical body (hard for me to tell). It is very beautiful and seems to drip light/ ecstasy into the crown. It can be known in this lifetime...

Christi
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  04:40:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Indeed it can be seen (not sure what is meant by known here) I have experienced it /seen it - it rises rather like a style /stigma above the lotus flower of the crown. I did not see the lotus in all its glory (as reported) but enough to realise that its really real.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  09:36:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The chakra above the crown also feels like it is directly connected to the heart.

Go to Top of Page

Amfreenow

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  10:16:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Amfreenow,

Yes, there is a chakra above the crown chakra, about 1 to 2 feet above the physical body (hard for me to tell). It is very beautiful and seems to drip light/ ecstasy into the crown. It can be known in this lifetime...

Christi

Hi Christi,
The whole subject of chakras is kind of interesting. A number of unanswerable issues come up naturally. Like, for instance, and I assume this is true, the system of belief about chakras and nadis, is a paradigm, and may be "soft" issofar as it is a system to explain what us yogis experience since time immemorial. We don't all have the same number of chakras, because they bloom and grow as a result of our yogic practices, and how evolved we each are in our particular current incarnation. So many may not ever experience the energy flow nor consciousness of the energy system. So perhaps one person has such vestigial chakra development that even if they had psychic vision they wouldn't see much to see. Some of us may have more chakras than others. Maybe chakras is just an ancient belief system that ain't worth much.
So, if someone happens to have psychic viewing capabilities, which is basically a siddhi, and if they can "see" the energy system while fully conscious of such things, not dream it, then that gives some validity to that person and others that have confidence in that person's capabilities. So in that respect, I wanted to start this thread, because of the clarity of the vision of the golden egg with points of light within it, vertically, nine in all, as an "OBE". But the fact that I visualized the golden egg with its vertical buttons of gold from 6 feet above, only says what my energy body appears to be. And maybe other yogis may have a differing "psychic vision" of their systems if they are also able to do remote viewing aka OBE-Out-of-body experience. Also, maybe relatively few of us yogis develop the top knot excresence like Buddha is portrayed with a grapefruit size protuberance above the crown chakra. It seems probable that it all depends on the state of our particular evolutionary development.
Secondly, regarding Amrit dripping down from above the Crown, that is in conflict with the literature on Amrit, which is generally thought to drip down from Bindu Chakra or Soma Chakra which are basal components of Crown chakra, not that it matters any.
Just to say that your observation that it drips down from several feet above your crown chakra is not the common teaching in the yogic literature, thats all.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  07:35:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Amfreenow,

My own belief is that the chakra system exists in it's entirety at birth, but that it becomes more developed through spiritual practice. So if someone is not aware of a particular chakra, then it is only because either their subtle senses are not yet developed enough, or the subtle nervous system is not yet developed enough, or both, but not because the chakra does not exist. I can't prove this of course... it's just my own take on it.

As for Amrita, I have only once experienced amrita dripping from the bindu chakra, but have many times experienced it dripping from the crown chakra. What I experienced dripping from the chakra above the crown, into the crown was more like light than amrita. Just as beautiful as amrita, and intoxicating, but without the fluid element.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Amfreenow

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  02:41:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi
You seem to know your way around the energy body. How about this observation: Often times, there is a hum that is felt just to the left of midline in the chest, especially with the in breath, but also on the out breath. It feels like the sound "hum" and is accompanied by a feeling of devotion that envelops the senses, as if with the movement of prana with spinal breathing focuses energy in the heart as it moves up and back down through the main nadi complexes. The "hum" occurs during a very open energetic state, and in fact is associated with continuous samadhi throughout the day and night constantly, though perhaps most noticable during meditation. It;s a meditative focus on the heart that opens the entire system to wide open flows up and down with each breath. This basically focuses awareness on the heart center because it is so very tangible and pleasurable. The heart is just where the anatomic heart is located, just to the left of midline. The teaching during this time is that the heart is the very most important center for us to rest in, far surpassing the crown in importance. To rest there, in kindness. Do you have that one too Christi?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  1:25:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Amfreenow,

I can relate to a lot of what you write, the open heart and the way it engulfs the whole being in a state of divine love. I can also relate to the way a focus on the open heart opens the whole energy body in a state of ecstasy with the breath. The heart is a general purification chakra, and one of my personal favourites to work with. But I have not experiences the sound that you describe (or any sounds in the heart space for that matter other than angels singing). I have also never experienced any energetic connection with the anatomic heart, only with the heart chakra in the centre of the chest, and with the sacred heart to the right of the chest.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  2:31:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Amfreenow,

Sorry to intrude on your & Christi's very informative & interesting discussion, but a question...

With your "hum"... When you listen closely, have you ever noticed that there might be more than one hum? Possibly at different resonant frequencies?

Go to Top of Page

Amfreenow

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  6:12:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi and Jeff,
To call it a "hum" sound is the best possible with words. It feels like a hum type vibration on the in breath and out breath, and definitely on the left side of the chest.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  6:46:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Amfreenow,

Vibrations are fairly common in different parts of the body, and have been for about 20 years now. I haven't noticed any specific vibration connected to the physical heart though... I don't pay too much attention to vibrations now as they are so common, and they come and go. I am more drawn to stillness, and the connection between the crown and the heart.
Go to Top of Page

Amfreenow

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2012 :  04:14:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed, there is a loop of energy vibration from heart to crown and back again. My point was that in my practice, the heart center hums with the breath, and this is a valuable tool, because by resting awareness at that exact location, one is resting in stillness at the center. In other words, this is a very centering meditative focus, and the hum that occurs there is a lovely resonance. This is not just a random area of vibration, but is an opportunity to rest in that lovely place, for your awareness, and is always there, has been for many years in my practice, just like the crown resonates as well. That's the usefulness of exploring the resonance of the heart center. That's all. For what that observation may be worth to yogis here in their meditative practice. Hope this helps. Hope this thread helps. And thanks for your feedback.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2012 :  05:31:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Amfreenow,

You're welcome, and thanks for the sharing.
Go to Top of Page

Amfreenow

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  8:42:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd like just sum up a couple observations in case there's anyone who might resonate with this, or provide a little insight into this phenomenon. Not meaning that it is some important thing, because we just rest in Stillness ultimately, without expectation, in Equanimity.
The "hum" in the chest is just the localized chest component of a whole body "OM" vibration, and when the entire system is resonating during some Jhanic levels, with attention resting easliy on the breath as it circulates throughout the entire body, though there is especially this sweel "OM" hum in the left upper chest more towards the front than back, more upper than mid chest, and around the second or third intercostal space. The Spiritual Heart is said to occupy the right chest, and perhaps due to this, the "OM" hum is more centered on the upper left chest, and this is accompanied by the same vibration in the head and pelvic area. The chest phenomenon is below the throat but above the Heart Chakra which engulfs the entire chest space, and is especially centered in the mid back though occupying the entire chest cavity. But there appears to be a "quiet area" on the right chest to some extent, I believe due to the Spiritual Heart center.
Another possibility is that just like the Crown Chakra is a protuberance that naturally grows bulb-like on top of the Ajna Chakra, so too, the Kala Chakra grows like a pulb-like protuberance on top of the Chest area but below the Throat Chakra. These evolve and grow in size over the course of Energetic development over a number of years. Full Nasal Cavity Kechari Mudra during meditation sessions, also favors very intensive energy flows with "OM" throughout the entire system, with especial focuses at the Upper Chest and Head areas. Mantra practice, both subvocal and silent, especially the Kala Chakra mantra as well as the Gayatri practice both enhance very large pranic flows with years of usage. None of this is meant to be of any great importance nor something to strive for, because obviously, we should just rest in Jhanic awareness with Equanimity, but in terms of just some yogic observations, perhaps this may interest someone here, or serve as a guide. There;s really nothing in the Yogic Literature on these observations, just merely experiential footnotes on my part, to contribute here. With the thought maybe some of you have similar observations. Namaste friends.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  8:58:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have experienced vibrations on the right side before. At first I was shocked, thinking I might have a heart problem. Then I laughed when I realized that's not where my heart is!
It's all scenery and will be different for everyone.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000