Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Higgs Field...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  12:21:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
You may not be interested... But, if they actually find it... This is huge...

http://news.yahoo.com/long-sought-g...0202981.html

For those interested in understanding reality/physics... The Higgs field can describe manifestation from consciousness.

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  10:23:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks Jeff, I love stuff like this.
I'm pretty sure it's NOT huge though. . .
Go to Top of Page

naplesward

USA
17 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  12:16:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very Interesting. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  02:55:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been following the story, but I'm a little confused. Are the Higg's Field and Zero Point Energy Field the same? Is one or both just theoretical? This stuff fascinates me, but I have a hard time grasping it.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  07:44:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
and what baseball team plays at Higg's Field?
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  12:46:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Youse better show summa respect or you gonna fina a Muons head in your bed. You getta my drift?

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  9:20:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

quote:

Youse better show summa respect or you gonna fina a Muons head in your bed. You getta my drift?

ROFLOL!

That would upset me a LOT for about 2.2 microseconds! (the average life of a muon)

Edited by - Etherfish on Dec 17 2011 11:14:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2011 :  08:45:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by stevenbhow

I've been following the story, but I'm a little confused. Are the Higg's Field and Zero Point Energy Field the same? Is one or both just theoretical? This stuff fascinates me, but I have a hard time grasping it.

Depending on the context, they can be the same. Zero point energy field is a state that can be applied to basically any (energy) field. Often used in quantum physics for describing the point where "stuff" pops in and out of existence.

Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2011 :  08:46:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Thanks Jeff, I love stuff like this.
I'm pretty sure it's NOT huge though. . .

Very good...
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2011 :  11:09:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the explanation. So, popping in and out of existence would also apply to the Higgs\Bosun particle too? Wouldn't that mean that all matter is also popping in and out of existence? No wonder I feel dizzy.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2011 :  11:18:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There are theories that our reality pops in and out of existence regularly at a certain frequency. and when it is out of existence, different ones pop into existence. And our consciousness is only tuned into the frequency of ours (normally), and can't perceive the others.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2011 :  3:31:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, in theory, since we are the sum of particles. But, most think about how particles "grow" as they move through the Higgs field. It is also used to explain why the growth of the universe is accelerating.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000