Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 tantra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2011 :  11:54:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hiya,

can any one point me towards or advise me about tantra and what it really is?

also, i'd just like to say that this is the best forum ever, with the friendliest and most helpful people :)

peace and love to everyone.

p.s.

i had an idea about setting up a website collecting email addresses simply to allow people to send msgs of love to each other.

it's a bit crazy but i dunno, i just want the internet to be used to spread the vibration of love.

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2011 :  12:02:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2011 :  12:13:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Also, yeh sorry i just forgot :)

i'm reading about swara Yoga the tantric art of brain breathing.

this seems to relate a little to taoism (different forms of qi going to different organs or having different purposes)

do these things relate?

Joe
Go to Top of Page

USA
146 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2011 :  04:41:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aghora at the left hand of god
secret of the golden flower
"arthur avalon"
Bhairava

tantra is not just the transformation of sexual energy. you see, true effeciant transformation leads to FULL transformation of the physiology and psychology. this leads to immortality. in the literal sense.
the problem is, people think they are transforming sexual energy, yet....they do not even double their vitality...for if you were to double your vitality, you would sleep significantly less and less.
yet these people say " i turn my sex energy into ojas!" yet vitality is between ojas and sexual stimulation...not too mention, one most turn back the flow before transformation can happen. which means the very desire for sex will fall away completley from mind and body. even the urin will want to run backwords!!!! so keep that in mind. and do not follow foolish ways. for immortality is no small thing, and anyone who says : i transform my sex energy: but is not immortal, is simply a fool following in-effeciant ways. on the other hand. tantra. is actually mantra yantra and tantra. and is the art of phycho-physiological manipulation and control! on the subtle and gross level!
transformation of the body through transforming sexual energy into spiritual energy is one form of the path, but is not the whole path in itself. it is only an aspect.
the buddhists know of this. the chinese know of this. do not fall into black ways. you will run in circles.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2011 :  07:07:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Joe,

Yogani addresses your first question in the lesson titled "What is Tantra?" Here is a highlight of the article:

"What if I told you that tantra is mainly about meditation, pranayama, bandhas, mudras and asanas? All the things we have been talking about in AdvancedYogaPractices. It is true that tantra is mainly about those things. Yes, it is about sex too, as we have been facing up to in the main group lessons since early on. We have not skirted the issue of sex as it relates to the overall enlightenment process. Indeed, enlightenment is not possible if our sexuality is not brought into the process of yoga -- the process of union between our inner divine self and the outer world. In cultivating our nervous system toward that, the role of sexual energy must be addressed."
http://www.aypsite.org/T1.html

There is also a neat explanation of Tantra in the Yoga FAQ section:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2323

Spread the love vibrations!
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  7:23:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
spread messages of love to random strangers? why would any reasonable human do something so out of this world? brilliant idea :)

as for tantra, I've heard somewhere that it's a tough concept to accurately define in any definitive sense, and I like to think of it as a 'new' take on the true nature of reality and its miraculous possibilities, which are not suffering and salvation, but ecstasy and bliss. To weave together at ever more subtle levels of wholeness until the outer and the inner are superimposed but without being dissolved.
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2011 :  10:26:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bewell

Hi Joe,

Yogani addresses your first question in the lesson titled "What is Tantra?" Here is a highlight of the article:

"What if I told you that tantra is mainly about meditation, pranayama, bandhas, mudras and asanas? All the things we have been talking about in AdvancedYogaPractices. It is true that tantra is mainly about those things. Yes, it is about sex too, as we have been facing up to in the main group lessons since early on. We have not skirted the issue of sex as it relates to the overall enlightenment process. Indeed, enlightenment is not possible if our sexuality is not brought into the process of yoga -- the process of union between our inner divine self and the outer world. In cultivating our nervous system toward that, the role of sexual energy must be addressed."
http://www.aypsite.org/T1.html

There is also a neat explanation of Tantra in the Yoga FAQ section:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2323

Spread the love vibrations!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.65 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000