Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Comments on “old soul” as well as “lost soul”.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maya_1347

USA
19 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2006 :  12:27:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit maya_1347's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear Yogani and all

I have survived from most of the possible tragedies in this life. At the same time I have been blessed with a bright new window in my life and moved on. I am only thirty seven years old and I always think why just me!
I have heard the “old soul” as well as “lost soul”. I love to know your comments on my over crowded life line.

Love and light

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2006 :  1:15:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI Maryam
Well if you were a lost soul you certainly are not anymore, you have found all of us and come home. As far as an old soul goes you must be getting on a bit or you would never have been attracted to the path of enlightenment yet.

Blessings

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2006 :  1:22:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maryam - Sorrow can turn to bliss.

You're a fortunate soul.
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2006 :  1:32:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Maryam,

It is good to hear about your overcoming and moving on in life.

I will just add in my interpretation on old soul and lost soul, and I am sure that you will get many different opinions on what they mean.

Old soul = soul who have been through many incarnations through aeons back in time, having experienced most of what can be experienced in the material plane, and who is started to get tired of that and seeks a higher way.

Young soul = soul with fewer incarnations who is still curious to experience many new interesting things in the material plane.

Lost soul = soul who is so caught up in the lesser ego that they are incapable of imagining or seeking an alternative way of living or experiencing life.

Edited by - weaver on Apr 06 2006 1:51:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2006 :  1:37:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That was very well said Richard.. I was wondering how to answer Maryam. Let me say this again Maryam.. Welcome.. we are really happy to have you with us. If you do ever feel lost.. make sure you tell us.. we are always here.. "old souls".. I think most of us here are "old sould"...
Like what Katrine said in one of her posts..
quote:
I travel no more Am home

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=985

Edited by - Shanti on Apr 06 2006 1:39:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2006 :  3:24:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think Weaver hit the nail on the head.

Maya, I'm glad you found the open window!

light and love,
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2006 :  4:33:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Drop sorrow and drop bliss. If you're fortunate enough to have seen your way into deep experiences of one and/or the other, you know that they're just tones, and something deeper is behind it all, unmoved and unchanged regardless of background tone.

Don't dance with good and bad. Disengage and let come what may. Dive deeply into what is, and don't post-process the experience with your mind.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2006 :  03:17:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Drop sorrow and drop bliss. If you're fortunate enough to have seen your way into deep experiences of one and/or the other, you know that they're just tones, and something deeper is behind it all, unmoved and unchanged regardless of background tone.

Don't dance with good and bad. Disengage and let come what may. Dive deeply into what is, and don't post-process the experience with your mind.

Jim, your stillness echoes off the screen

Thanks
Louis
Go to Top of Page

maya_1347

USA
19 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2006 :  12:33:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit maya_1347's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for all your replies.

I just was a different child from the beginning. I could see the pain, blocks, and lies in people mind and body. I was very young when I started transcendental meditation and taking residency courses. Whatever I did made me more different. Sometimes it is truly hard to find a physical body to connect/socialize. Just a little while ago I admitted that being different is ok and use it for the benefit of myself and others. In a healing session everybody became quiet and shocked at my presence – they were seeing massive light with other feeling such as breeze/joy/warmth. Some people think I am an old soul and once one person called me a lost soul since I was too excited /curious about life/people.
I do not dream and when I dream I see a highlight of a future event. Most of the time I do not want to know or see them. After many research and challenge I felt I am responsible to call the person involved in the dream and give them the message.
Once I had a dream of a gentleman I knew and I saw a fight between him and an old couple which I had never met. The old couple didn’t want him in that house and throwing him out.
After many attempt finally I got connected with that gentleman and I told him about my dream. I gave him the features of the old couple. He cried over the phone and mentioned the couple was his deceased parents and he had been attempting suicide since his wife has passed away he wants to join her. Apparently it was not his time and his parents wanted him to stay with his children.

Like a river now I will go with the fellow of life and enjoying the journey no matter how.
Yes Louis I can feel the same in Jim’s message.

Thank you all again for your replies.

Love and light,
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2006 :  1:16:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
and once one person called me a lost soul since I was too excited /curious about life/people.

That's an odd reason to call someone a 'lost soul', isn't it?
Go to Top of Page

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2006 :  3:00:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hari Om
~~~~~~~~

Hello ,
from my point of view it 'feels' at times like we're lost, but this is just part of the 'ride'; easy to say, hard to do when in the middle of this experience. We truly are part and parcel of HIM or HER (Aditi). No soul/jiva can be lost, if we are everywhere, where is it be lost? Where can you go where you are not with your SELF?

Only when there is the notion of two, or me and something other then me does this lost feeling and angst have the ability to rise...this goes away as we dispense with ignorance.

This is the true meaning from the spiritual point of view [ seems like this is the only way I am looking at things these days], that we meter out or cut up infinity into parts, this is the ignorance or gray-ness of consciousness, thinking that this can be done.

That said, that does not mean we, (me) at times do not experience grief. With some years under my belt I have the greatest appreciation for the wear-and-tear on ones being and why many can have issues with life. That is why compassion and empathy are so important and is one of my key lessons I have been taught though direct experience over the years. I still have a long way to go.

The only way I see to achieve/regain balance and fullness of Being or human composure and one's greatest mental health is the alignment with the SELF. No matter where I look or things I read in the general publics' eye, I see fractions of the Truth and little resolve to improve the family of man's position in this world.

This includes science, religion, self help books, etc. all are stuck in the relative field of action-reaction. So they all declare 'war' on something ( drugs, fat, global warming, cancer, urban sprawl, ozone, , sagging chin, etc.) A 'war' on anything is just ignorance in motion. Its time for a new view. Its time for an enlightened view, its time for the laws of nature to do the driving and our alignment to those laws , this is the absorbtion into SELF. Until then we do the best we can, help as we can, show and exercise compassion.

That's my rant, I could be wrong.
Let happinness rain on the family of man, on this first day of Ram Navami.
ramante yogino-nante brahmaanande chidaatmani
'The one in whose memory yogis revel in the bliss of brahman
'

agnir satyam rtam brhat
Frank in San-Diego

Edited by - Frank-in-SanDiego on Apr 07 2006 3:14:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2006 :  4:54:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkle
Jim, your stillness echoes off the screen

Your's too. And everyone's. The nervous electrical jaggles that tend to hijack our consciousness also emanate from stillness. Everything is permeated with it (indeed, everything is OF it). As you start to notice, there's really nothing to do but relax into it all.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Apr 07 2006 4:55:48 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000