New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

BluesFan

USA
35 Posts

Posted - May 08 2006 :  6:55:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit BluesFan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Not much to add to the discussion but just wanted to chime in and say that this sure has been a great one to read! Great stuff here. I've never had a problem with depression but I've been very close to folks who have and I would often say to them the same types of things that Jim is saying here. It's neat for me to hear that from a person who is so incredibly familiar with depression. Frankly, I just don't take my emotions that seriously. I've seen how trivial and unstable they can be and every since my first heartbreak as a 19 year old, I came to view my emotional state much like I view the weather. If I ever find myself really upset, I just sit back and watch the scenery. The clouds eventually just blow on by. This has come in handy as I have realized that I am, by nature, a very emotional person. It's genetic I think.

As for the drugs ...I just don't see how mind-altering substances are compatible with true spiritual practice. But that's just me. Anything that clouds the mind just seems counterproductive. The whole purpose of practice is to gain clarity.

Edited by - BluesFan on May 08 2006 6:59:51 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000