Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 self-indulgence of shyness and fear of rejection
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  11:35:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Jim said:
PS-- here's a real killer one: shyness and awkwardness also spew free radicals. It's "taking". It's self-indulgent.

Thanks Jim, this is a great insight. And an offshoot of shyness is fear of rejection. I wish I heard this years ago. I wish, years ago, whenever I over-hesitated or procrastinated or downright chickened-out entirely from showing interest, or waited until I was absolutely certain that the interest was mutual, I wish there was someone there to say, 'You selfish, self-indulgent monster, have enough generosity to show some interest and if it proves not to be mutual, take some delight for a change in having given a gift that was not returned.'

Edited by - david_obsidian on Apr 03 2006 12:12:36 PM

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  12:06:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hari Om
~~~~~~~
I guess 'and the meek shall inherit the earth...' doesn't have a chance.(((((((((( )))))))))))

agnir satyam rtam brhat
Frank in San-Diego
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  12:11:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Actually Frank, in a way it does have a chance; it depends on what is meant by 'meek'; if 'meek' means passive, no; if it means 'not overly proud', yes. Those who are not overly proud shall show interest and, through that, shall inherit the earth.

Go to Top of Page

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  12:42:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I agree. In this quote i beleive "meek" means egoless, ahimsic.
And to inherit the Earth is to become Earth's Divinity
Go to Top of Page

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  6:09:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hari Om
~~~~~~~~
quote:
Originally posted by david_obsidian

'not overly proud', yes.

Hello David, yep I concur. for me, meek is leave the ego at the door, but be as strong as a lightenbolt , so say the sages.

agnir satyam rtam brhat
Frank in San-Diego
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000