AYPsite.org Forum
 Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 Amaroli - Hair growth
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lavazza

69 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2006 :  03:30:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lavazza's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I was cobing my hair some days ago and started thinking "Gee, my hair is getting thinner". Yes, I am vain. Some days later I "Wait a minute, usually I do not have hair there", but now I am not sure, normally I use hair gel, but I have not been using it for a month, so that might be the reason I get the impression that I am getting thin hair where there normally is no hair.

Has anybody gotten hair growth from amaroli? If yes, how long did it take and how much hair did you get?

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2006 :  04:09:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, now that you mention it. I have long hair and wear it in a ponytail. I have dyed it for a few years but decided to let it go natural about 5 months ago so it is coming in partially grey. I have been doing amaroli for about a year now.
Anyway, the other day I looked at the back of my hair where it used to be quite grey before I started dyeing it...but its not grey there now. most peculiar...
Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2006 :  04:10:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just a thought, not mean to be discouraging: It doesn't seem possible that amaroli can cure everything! Also, hair loss is not usually considered as a disease. More a genetic thing, like your body height or weight, although there are certainly some external factors like food, cleaniness (or hair gel).

Did you try headstand? Again don't expect too much, but (at least in my opinion) it's more reasonable to expect result from headstand than amaroli: you certainly have increase blood flow (and thus nutrients) to your head while doing headstand. I seems to get a very little increase in hair growth after doing headstand(10-15mins, split into 2 sessions) everyday for a few months. You have to try to see if it works for you.

Edited by - Alvin Chan on Mar 12 2006 05:35:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2006 :  12:04:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Victor - what color is it, then? :) Hopefully not yellow. Ya know, my hair HAS been growing really fast. I've had to shave more often, and pluck my eyebrows every day. Could it be? Amaroli as a cure for baldness?
Go to Top of Page

Lavazza

69 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2006 :  3:55:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lavazza's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My pranayama teacher, who is also an ayurveda expert is 70+ and has a full head. According to the free UT book I have downloaded, UT gives more and darker hair.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2006 :  4:30:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Where is the free UT book?
Go to Top of Page

Lavazza

69 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2006 :  03:18:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lavazza's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Where is the free UT book?

Free ebook online: Shivambu-Gita by Dr. G. K. Thakkar

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/urine.htm

The book goes in all directions, but is very enthusiastic.
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2006 :  09:42:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Alvin said:
Just a thought, not mean to be discouraging: It doesn't seem possible that amaroli can cure everything!

Alvin, if you are concluding that amaroli could not possibly help reverse, or hold back, hair loss, I think that you are being rash. Why does hair loss get 'worse' in later years? Note that it has more than one cause, and it's not all 'male pattern baldness' -- women can get hair loss too.

Throughout our life there is a constant battle between degenerative and regenerative forces in our bodies. As we get older, our regenerative forces become weaker and weaker, and this produces the effects of aging, including hair loss.

Anything that powers up 'regeneration' is a good candidate for holding back certain effects of aging. Meditation can certainly do this, probably in many complex ways, including, but not necessarily limited to, reduction of 'stress'. And so can many other yoga practices, probably including amaroli.

-C
Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2006 :  12:35:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi David,

I don't mean to be conclusive. Sorry if it sounds so. Indeed it's worth TRYING. Meditation, as you've said, can reasonably help with hair loss, especially when it's stress related. But how far can you go with it? (I will be glad to hear some dramatic results, though) In case of treating hair loss, I take all these (including Amaroli) as something like diet-- may have some effects (and probably it has), but any such thing alone are very unlikely to kick start one's hair growth: exactly as what you've said, hair loss has many causes.

So, I agree that it may help a bit on hair loss, very much like diet. But probably not a "treatment" for hair loss. You're very unlikely to get significant hair growth BECAUSE OF Amaroli. If anyone find out that it really will give significant hair growth with a not-too-low successful rate, tell the public. Amaroli will become popular very soon then.

Let me clarify once again: I sincerely hope that amaroli will kick-start one's hair growth, even occasionally. Very much like I hope that "wrinkles disappear" because of some yoga practices. But who on earth can have no wrinkles into the old age? Even with intense yoga, we can't. May be some slow down in aging, but certainly not "reverse aging"-- may be some symptoms reverse for a while, but not aging.

Alvin
Go to Top of Page

Lavazza

69 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2006 :  03:01:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lavazza's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a photo of my pranayama teacher

http://www.holistichongkong.com/200...P-Tiwari.jpg

He is over 70 years old.

Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2006 :  04:01:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Certainly an encouraging photo, but since I know yoga is good anyway (just ain't sure how good it could be); something else caught my attention more.....

So, Lavazza, you are from......Hong Kong?
Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2006 :  04:24:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you are really from Hong Kong(from the website and the time of your posting, it seems likely), we could have a lot to share. May be to have "tea" together, we know what I mean.

Although I may sound a bit too "results-oriented" (if not scientific) for the spiritual seekers, I just like asking questions and challenging possible erroneous/exaggerated statements in the yogic tradition---there are certainly some erroneous/exaggerated statements, like "when one practise......if old, becomes young again" type in the scriptures. Even Iyengar has lots of wrinkles now.(although he's rather strong considering his age.) Yes, there could be some other interpretations for these weird statements, but even among the famous guru, there are no consensus. So it's good to be more conservative, while maintaining an open-mind towards any spiritual practices.

Sorry if my doubt ignite fire and make you feel offended. (or make you feel your teacher being offended) I don't mean to be so.
Go to Top of Page

Lavazza

69 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2006 :  07:52:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lavazza's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, Alvin, I live in Europe. I have taken a pranayama retreat with OP Tiwari in Thailand. I am exagerating calling him my teacher, but he is the one I have learnt pranayama from.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2006 :  08:09:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it is just as likely to have the practices in general cause something like that. I have heard that hair doesn't turn grey as fast if there is a lot of ki in that area. So conductivity we practice could very likely affect hair. So it's more scenery along the path.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2006 :  09:58:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all

I don't do Amaroli, but I have had things going with my hair too, lately.

This fall I started noticing that I was loosing hair...and the hair loss increased until well after Christmas. It reminded me of the hair loss I experienced after giving birth to my children. Anyway - it stopped about a month ago. I feel almost sure that it has to do with my awakened Kundalini. If it could worsen my excema; then why not hair loss?

May all your Nows be Here
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  12:17:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kat,
Your response here makes me look at this possibility, other than physiological reasons: hormonal, aging, calcium deficiency, and male pattern balding that also affects females. I am shedding hair like a shaggy dog put into the tropics. But I have also experienced some unusual surges of energy. Have to wait and watch before concluding anything.
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  04:41:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Funny this was posted here now as I feel the same and have commented it with other people.
I had been losing hair steadily (in my crown) for some years now and matched exactly periods of inner instability that now I relate to kundalini and premature crown opening. The places where I balded (not exactly uniform and centered in the head) matched exactly areas in my scalp where I felt pressure or needle-like feelings or heat. I only found AYP a coupled of months ago and it literally saved my life (and sanity!) because it gave me a framework to understand what was happening to me. I also found a funny thing very recently: I was letting my hair grow (I usually shave it short) and I felt like energy being pulled to the head, as if it was being pulled there and wanted to push through my scalp. All my energy was up and even my abdomen was slightly contracted all the time, automatically. The old symptoms came back: restlessness, irritability, insommnia, feeling drained and tired. I shaved my head after letting it grow for a few days just to see where it was going. After shaving I immediately felt relieve, the energy seemed to cool down and rest more again in the abdomen/legs. Interesting, hein? I guess, because people are reporting similar things in this time of year, it also has to do with autumn/winter - a time to keep energy inward, a time for leaves to fall. Just my 2 cents
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  07:21:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yeah maybe we should shave our hair in the fall, and let it grow in the spring. hope it doesn't start to come in green.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  07:28:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sadhak

Hi Kat,
Your response here makes me look at this possibility, other than physiological reasons: hormonal, aging, calcium deficiency, and male pattern balding that also affects females. I am shedding hair like a shaggy dog put into the tropics. But I have also experienced some unusual surges of energy. Have to wait and watch before concluding anything.

Sadhak, use vitamin E oil on your scalp... leave it on over night.. once or twice a week. It is a very thick oil.. so very little is required, but it reduces excessive loss of hair.
Go to Top of Page

Steve

277 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  10:00:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steve's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Also, good to rule out an iodine deficiency as a cause for hair loss.

Love and Light,
Steve
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2008 :  06:52:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti, thanks for the advice....may even try it out. Castor oil is supposed to have the same effect too.

YogaisLife, some Ayurvedic texts talk of energy being conserved when head is shaved off. A woman reported that cancer patients who constantly shaved off their hair saw higher energy levels, and looked more radiant. Some 'saints' have really long hair, and some sport a shining pate... something to be figured out here.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2008 :  07:20:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You should check with a doctor because it's possible there could be some kind of chemical in your environment causing that. You know how chemotherapy people lose their hair - because of exposure to poison.
But if you put something on your hair, why not something that's meant for hair? Like Dr. Bronner's leave-in hair conditioner. It is much more comfortable than oil. All natural ingredients, and he fills his labels with fine print about how we are all one.
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  8:36:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

You should check with a doctor because it's possible there could be some kind of chemical in your environment causing that. You know how chemotherapy people lose their hair - because of exposure to poison.
But if you put something on your hair, why not something that's meant for hair? Like Dr. Bronner's leave-in hair conditioner. It is much more comfortable than oil. All natural ingredients, and he fills his labels with fine print about how we are all one.

Hi Ether,
There is a lot of edible stuff that is 'meant' to be put on topically... if you study any holistic system of healing, you'd realise that fast. But the point I was trying to examine here is whether or not this particular physical change had anything to do with energy movement/change as a result of practices. That seems to have hit a wall, and anyway was too much of a long shot to begin examining. So I'll let it go. As you say, and I did too, the reason is probably mundane.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000