Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 lucid dreaming
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  5:42:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
was reading a book about it and it talks about lucid dreaming and that in waking state to always ask if what you are experiencing is a dream. if you experience anger, ask if your anger is a dream, your reaction a dream, all that you see as a dream. My thought on this would be, wouldnt this lead to detachment from the world?
thanks
Neil

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2008 :  4:54:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Check out Dream Yoga. They have a way of viewing the world specically as a dream. It inevitably draws out the question of what exactly a "dream" is compared to "waking reality".

I can't tell from your post whether you mean detachment in a negative or positive or neutral way. I think it can defintley lead to detachment...but I don't like to think of it as detachment from "the world"...moreso detachment from the world of your attachments and aversions. When I use this exercise the world actually becomes more vivid and I feel more IN the world and whether it is a dream or not does not seem to matter. When I was heavily into this practice (after reading The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep) I was suprised that I did not find it disturbing or unsettling to view waking life as a dream. Doing so brought me into the Witness State and ironically the "dream" I was percieving seemed more "real" than the "reality" I percieve when I am unconcious or not identified with the Witness. it actually has quite the opposite effect - I think "wow, I was just in a dream there for a while!" (while I was stuck in my head missing out on the miracle unfolding around me).
Go to Top of Page

insightstate

Romania
10 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2015 :  4:42:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit insightstate's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Read this guide about lucid dreaming
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2015 :  07:51:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000