New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2014 :  3:45:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anima, I read Ender's game some years ago and I loved it (it's not spiritual if someone wonders)
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2014 :  7:36:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Was in Interstellar today, very nice!

Silent moments especially, all in all a good time/space movie with hints to the black hole, also mentioned by yogis in the third eye as the gateway to cosmic consciousness (=

The best movie is relative, but it was for sure very good! :)
Go to Top of Page

LittleKid

USA
34 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2014 :  12:00:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is a Russian film with English subtitles.
It was filmed in the Slovki islands. It is about a
Russian Orthodox monk who could perform miracles. A very good film.
"The Island"
http://youtu.be/ms4TXwIDutM

Edited by - LittleKid on Dec 16 2014 02:49:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bill R.

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2014 :  10:08:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is an entertaining book by Dean Sluyter called Cinema Nirvana: Enlightenment Lessons from the Movies. Dean looks at things from a (mainly) Buddhist perspective. His book ranges from insights on Snow White and the Seven Dwarves to The Big Sleep, The Graduate, Easy Rider, The Godfather, Goldfinger and Casablanca.

For example, in Casablanca, Dean compares Rick's paralyzing choice between personal happiness and the fight for the greater good to the impossible choice faced by Arjuna, the warrior hero of the Bhagavad Gita. Rick's Krishna is Sam, the piano player(!). And the song that Sam plays, As Time Goes By, is more than just a romantic ballad, it's an "enlightenment hymn."

Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2014 :  3:03:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you get the time or inspiration to watch another Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol this is a 1971 animated Oscar winner that's just 25 minutes but very artistic and inspirational:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTzyC9CZuOA
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2014 :  3:05:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
...and for a quick Christmas giggle here's some Xmas dog-cards:

http://www.boredpanda.com/dog-costu...eter-thorpe/
Go to Top of Page

omyoga

India
2 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  06:48:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to list here that I liked.

Gandhi
The Secret....

Will add more!
-Om
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2014 :  12:40:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Over Christmas I got a copy of an old favorite of mine "The Little Prince" - a 1974 movie made from the novella of Antoine Saint-Exupery - philosophical, spiritual, touching and with most beautiful music. Recommended for The Whimsical.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2014 :  05:28:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I love Saint-Exupery's "The Little Prince"! It has been a favourite of mine for over 20 years.
Go to Top of Page

Bill R.

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2015 :  1:27:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well-made doc on Swami Satchidananda (the Woodstock yogi):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdnXYW_flv8
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2015 :  8:51:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
"The Little Prince" - a 1974 movie made from the novella of Antoine Saint-Exupery - philosophical, spiritual, touching and with most beautiful music.

So touching to watch. I'm a bit overwhelmed. Thank you, Sey.
Go to Top of Page

hritpadma

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2015 :  8:19:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The Celestine Prophecy, 2006, is an interesting spiritual movie.
Go to Top of Page

KarenVic

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2015 :  06:10:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cloud Atlas
with Tom Hanks, Halley Barry and Susan Surranden. This is an amazing movie brought to you by the makers of the Matrix. Cloud Atlas caused me to shift, its a story of 6 characters, traveling through time and how they affect each other in each lifetime. The actors all have 6 parts, 6 stories, 6 lives, its an amazing movie that you will have to watch more than once. Brilliant, I cant believe it didnt get an Academy award, not even a nomination.

Let me know what you think or better or it makes you feel,
eat pray YOga
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2015 :  01:59:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I loved Cloud Atlas as well although I had to watch it three times to get it but found it fascinating each time.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

insightstate

Romania
10 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2015 :  3:41:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit insightstate's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yup. Interstellar is really nice.
Go to Top of Page

insightstate

Romania
10 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2015 :  3:41:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit insightstate's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Also, check Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5EPymcWp-g

Edited by - insightstate on Apr 25 2015 4:12:47 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000