New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  4:30:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Michael,

I'll let you know when I find out.
Go to Top of Page

michaelangelo7

USA
89 Posts

Posted - May 22 2010 :  5:38:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit michaelangelo7's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hey christi check this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEgysV63bfA
Go to Top of Page

Cipyar

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2010 :  11:40:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
People who are having reactions to certain breads/flours, have you tried soaking them first to reduce the phytic acid? Sprouted breads are great for this, as well as soaked grains and cereals.

As with milk, try it raw and unpasteurized and then see if you still have a reaction.

If so, go with cultured.

As far as diet itself is concerned, I've done a lot of research on primitive diets and illness. The research of Weston Price and Vilhjalmur Steffanson is particularly interesting. So, in effect, you can be completely healthy on an omnivore diet so long as you are eating pure, and high quality foods. It is when you start refining the food, adding hormones, antibiotics, pesticides, herbicides, additives, dyes... and anything else that will poison the body and alter the food, that makes the body sick.

In addition, some of us may have true food intolerances and allergies. The best way to figure if this is the case is by doing an elimination diet, and then reintroducing that food in it's healthiest purest form. For example: removing pasteurized milk, and reintroducing it as raw non-homogenized milk. Or removing flour and reintroducing whole grain flour and then soaking it before consuming.

Well, looks like I went a little rant-y on that, hope it helps someone.

: )

Edited by - Cipyar on Jul 01 2010 12:06:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2010 :  04:33:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

Today I'm starting a short water fast, just to see how my body copes with it. I'm interested to see what effect it has on my health, and on the energy flow in my body.

I'll report from time to time, to update on how it's going.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  03:19:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

So today is day 2. Last night my crown was fully open for about an hour with prana flowing in through it. Not sure I could handle that again for a second night, so this might be a very short experiment.

Interestingly I'm not hungry (although I was yesterday evening). Normally day 2 is one of the worst in terms of hunger pains. Day 3 is also normally one of the worst, so there is time yet!
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  10:45:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi

Thanks for sharing.
Good luck with your experiment!

Keep posting
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  02:15:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine and all,

So I ended the fast after 48 hours with some fruit. I climbed the hill above my hut to the spring where I get my drinking water from, and realized that I was too weak to do it. So that was a sign. Even though I ate in the evening, energy levels were still very high and I hardly slept at all at night.

So this proves to me at least that there is a relationship between going without food and increased flows of prana in the body. Only the prana didn't give me enough strength to do my chores!

Maybe next time it will.
Go to Top of Page

swaha

Lebanon
88 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  04:14:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Christi :)

i have been particularily interested in this topic recently..
i also did a water fast last year (3 days)..
no hunger was felt.. also no discomfort of any kind, which showed that the body was quite "clean" from toxins..
but at the end of day 3, the heart was particularily weak, though i used to add a pinch of sea salt in my water..
it was a sign to stop.. and the first thing i put in my mouth was grapefruit juice.. was felt like a fireworks of tastes and colours on the tongue, with "ripples" in the whole body.. strong stimulation after plain water!

now, it's been months i am losing my appetite.. any food i eat taste the same.. and cooked food is becoming really heavy to digest... brings the energy down..
the only thing that i feel easy to digest is fresh red grapes..
last week-end, i did several practices and got rid off emotional blockages..then, silence and peace were felt.. i sat in the garden, felt born again, at all levels..
it felt as if i was seeing, smelling, touching etc.. for the first time..
and the most intense experience of all was the sun....
i have never felt such an inclination towards the sun..
i just opened my arms, heart, eyes and received this source of energy and love...
got the feeling i could drop food and sun would be enough to nourrish me...
the following day, i watched a video about sungazing..
amazing..

in the evening, during meditation, my breath stopped, i suddenly became aware of that and in this moment of awareness, i felt as if i was breathing from the top of the head..
felt so relaxed and surprised! i was breathing from my head!!
as naturally as i was breathing from the nose!
it felt so relaxing and peaceful..
i got the feeling that really, it IS possible to live on prana..
but this should come on its own accord... with love..
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  11:19:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Swaha,

quote:
in the evening, during meditation, my breath stopped, i suddenly became aware of that and in this moment of awareness, i felt as if i was breathing from the top of the head..
felt so relaxed and surprised! i was breathing from my head!!
as naturally as i was breathing from the nose!
it felt so relaxing and peaceful..
i got the feeling that really, it IS possible to live on prana..
but this should come on its own accord... with love..

Yes, I think this is a natural progression which can't be forced. I get the same stuff... breathing through the crown, heavy food being too much on the body (even one cooked meal a day)... the breath slowing down etc. Prana seems to come in as other things go out. But at the same time, the prana becomes more gentle and centred.

quote:
.. and the first thing i put in my mouth was grapefruit juice..

I can't imagine breaking a three day fast with grapefruit juice!

quote:
..then, silence and peace were felt.. i sat in the garden, felt born again, at all levels..
it felt as if i was seeing, smelling, touching etc.. for the first time..
and the most intense experience of all was the sun....
i have never felt such an inclination towards the sun..
i just opened my arms, heart, eyes and received this source of energy and love...

Once you get to that stage, it doesn't really matter if you are living on light, or prana or food or anything else!

Enjoy.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

swaha

Lebanon
88 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  1:19:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
:)

concerning the grapefruit juice..
it was not really a choice..
my mother was working in the kitchen and i came..
and asked her if she could make a fresh juice for me..
no matter what kind.. i was just craving a fresh colorful juice
to give me some energy after water..
maybe grapefruit was not the best as it is too acidic..
but it didn't feel bad.. :)

thank u Christi for sharing ..

Edited by - swaha on Nov 03 2010 1:22:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  5:00:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi

Thanks for sharing

quote:
So this proves to me at least that there is a relationship between going without food and increased flows of prana in the body.

Yes....that has been my experience ever since the energy first awoke in my hands during a three day fast 14 years ago now.

quote:
Only the prana didn't give me enough strength to do my chores!

I never fathom the wonders of Being.

Without that physical weakness you would maybe have continued the fast, yes?
Being stopped it......and it might not be because of the weakness, maybe it wanted you properly grounded for other chores :)

Was it a peaceful fast?
Go to Top of Page

awaevo

USA
17 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2011 :  4:42:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I personally was on a raw diet for about 2 years. At first, I noticed an increase in irritablity and a drop in energy. But after about a month or so the opposite was the case. I had more energy and strength than I had ever experienced. I had to add more cooked food to my diet however when I began AYP do to energy overload.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2011 :  11:26:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine,

quote:

Was it a peaceful fast?

I didn't see this until now. Yes, it was peaceful. I was expecting to be really hungry all the time, and I wasn't. So that was nice.

Will be repeating the experiment any day now, so will keep reporting.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2011 :  11:28:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by awaevo

I personally was on a raw diet for about 2 years. At first, I noticed an increase in irritablity and a drop in energy. But after about a month or so the opposite was the case. I had more energy and strength than I had ever experienced. I had to add more cooked food to my diet however when I began AYP do to energy overload.

Hi Awaevo,

Yes, A raw (or mostly raw) diet can be useful for some people for purification, and they feel good on it. Once kundalini begins to awaken though, it can be a very different story, so you have to go with your body and what it needs.
Go to Top of Page

roboto212

USA
56 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2015 :  1:32:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Christi I know it's been while for this thread but do you have any updates from your experiments with living more on light? Any changes in your diet the last 4 years?
Go to Top of Page

alecpeace

USA
95 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2015 :  7:59:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes have you been able to achieve this?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  05:24:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Alecpeace and Roboto,

Thanks for reviving this old thread. I have not posted in this thread for around 4 years. I still eat every day, so no, I have not achieved this yet.

When I started this thread 8 years ago, I wrote that I suspected that there was a relationship between the production of an etheric substance in the body called amrita and the ability of people to survive without physical food. At that time my body did not produce amrita, but now it does. So technically I am in a position to test the theory.

However, one of the things that happens when I stop eating physical food, is that the process of spiritual purification and transformation in the body speeds up. So far, with the few experiments that I have done, I have not been able to sustain that level of increased purification.

It is an ongoing dance involving purification and the transubstantiation of matter in the body.

One other effect of the process is that as amrita is produced, it is intoxicating and blissful, and with that comes a falling away of certain desires on the physical level. The desire to eat becomes less but also the desire not to eat becomes less. These things simply become less important.

For the sake of interest though, I will be doing more experiments this Autumn and will report back then.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

alecpeace

USA
95 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  08:52:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Christi, Keep us updated. I know (not personally) people around the world live on light and a lot of them were born that way, but a lot did what you did and keep the method a secret for some reason, perhaps they're afraid of being harassed, but in 2015 it's not really a taboo topic anymore I think since there's many more spiritually awakened people. If you achieve it, maybe you can share with the world how you did it. Sounds like you're going through some blissful experiences even before reaching your goal of 100%. In this society with constant distractions and temptations it's not easy.
Go to Top of Page

roboto212

USA
56 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2015 :  11:29:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Im like on the completely opposite end of spectrum when it comes to diet and purification, for me I run into problems, overload, if I'm not eating lighter.. I had my awakening via vipassana meditation a few years ago and now it seems my body and the energy channels and such are playing catch up... It seems eating lighter and spacing meals far enoigh apart to allow the awakened energy to do it's thing with out the interference from food is pretty necessary for me... I know others on this forum have talked about having to mound maybe increase food intake to quiet the energy a bit...

Idk why my journey seems so different and sometimes I second guess myself, but it really seems like eating lighter allows for a pleasant smooth journey of opening and purification.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2015 :  10:01:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi roboto212,

What you are experiencing is completely normal. I have to remind myself from time to time that everyone's journey is unique. I had the awakening five years ago. Soon after, I became a vegetarian for two and half years. For weeks all I wanted to eat was just fruits.

After, I became pregnant with my second child I started eating meat again and it helps in calming the overloads as well. This doesn't mean I have to eat meat everyday. Most days I eat lots of fruits and vegetables and eat meat when the body asks for it. Just listen to your body. You are doing what your body is telling you and that's great!

Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2015 :  01:18:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

When I started this thread 8 years ago, I wrote that I suspected that there was a relationship between the production of an etheric substance in the body called amrita and the ability of people to survive without physical food. At that time my body did not produce amrita, but now it does. So technically I am in a position to test the theory...

One other effect of the process is that as amrita is produced, it is intoxicating and blissful, and with that comes a falling away of certain desires on the physical level. The desire to eat becomes less but also the desire not to eat becomes less. These things simply become less important.

Christi

Interesting. I usually meditate just before dinner. What I have noticed is that there are days that, although I was hungry before sitting to meditate, I feel full and satiated after meditation and I feel no need to eat. On other days, I barely can get through the rest period because I feel ravenous. On the whole I eat much less.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2015 :  04:00:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
On the whole I eat much less.

Can relate to that Sey,
Lately I am testing my relationship with food.
Once a month I do not take any food, only water and herbtea for 36 hours.
It is interesting to notice, what do I miss, is it really the food, or is it the moments of cooking and food sharing together with my loved ones.
The first times I did it it was the food, I noticed that I was thinking on food all day, already thinking what I will cook the day after the fasting day...
And now it is more the feeling of missing the preparation, the gap, the sharing together but this space gives other possibilities....
One big notice is that the day after I feel more energy, and a deep gratefulness for that what we have, that we have a choice in this.

Edited by - Charliedog on Aug 03 2015 04:46:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2015 :  02:04:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@Charliedog - What I really miss is the alcohol!!! . I love the colour of red wine swirling in a beautiful glass, the aroma, the taste, the laughter of friends, jazz... Now my body refuses alcohol. My friends pour me a glass (to keep up the appearance of drinking) then drink it up themselves before the end of the evening.

Oh well..can't have it all.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2015 :  06:58:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Our sensitivity protects us, thats a way to look at it. I know it, friend gatherings are not the same anymore. I still am a caffeine lover/addict.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2015 :  5:36:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@ Sey & Charliedog- Same here.
Friends are surprised when I tell them my body does not tolerate it anymore.When people insist, I'll get a glass and then give it to Hubby. Somehow my inner silence increases when everyone around me is tipsy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000