Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Binaural Brainwave Entrainment
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gnosis

USA
68 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2007 :  03:56:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Gnosis's Homepage  Get a Link to this Message
Does anybody on here use binaural beats for deep meditation. I find them in the beginning stages to be quite beneficial.

I have tried lots of binaural brain wave technologies, like brain wave generator, neuroprogrammer, and insight by immrama.

I found Dr. Thompson's Gamma Meditation system to be the best fit for me.

Binaural beats are like chanting, singing bowls, gongs, bells, drums etc... of 21st century spirituality. For example traditionally indigenous cultures like the aborigines used drums and didgeridoos to induce altered states of consciousness, now we have a more refined technology to help us do the same thing.

I think binaurals are great training wheels for beginning meditaters. I find brainwave entrainment via binaural beat to be an invaluable tool. I would be cool to integrate traditional instruments like gongs, bells, bowls, and tuning forks with contemporary methods of attaining altered states of consciousness.

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2007 :  11:40:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
The Brahma Nada (Divine Sound)recorded by my sadguru gives greater depths of meditation, heals the body and purifies the nervous system.
http://dhyanyogi.omdasji.googlepages.com/home for details
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Gnosis

USA
68 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2007 :  2:03:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gnosis's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hmm, I have heard of Om cds before. I don't know, I really don't like meditation cd's with words on them, I like just the sound.

Not to mention when a study was done on the most advanced meditators of the Dalai Lama, they noticed that the most advanced meditators like Matthieu Ricard had high frequency brainwaves particularly gamma in his prefrontal cortex, this is the part associated with love, joy, and compassion.

http://www.urbandharma.org/udharma8/monkstudy.html

A research study done by new brain new world though similar eeg brain mapping realized the "mark" of enlightenment that can be seen on eeg is high frequency gamma wave in the left pre-frontal cortex. I think that gammma waves may be a huge study in the future.

http://www.newbrainnewworld.com/?Sc...nd_the_Brain

Gamma brainwave synchronization is also recorded when the kundalini of advanced practitioners is raised on command.

http://www.newbrainnewworld.com/?Aw...of_Kundalini
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2007 :  2:22:57 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2007 :  10:57:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
I used to mess with them but never did it consistently enough to get effects. I guess I prefer the old school way.

I have actually tried to meditate listening to I believe Beta frequencies made for meditation but I couldnt get into it. I think it is impossible to know the exact frequency you're supposed to have during meditation so to coerce the brain into a certain one doesn't seem natural.

I'd be interested in hearing about experiences with BB's specifically with AYP meditation
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  11:59:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthony,
I find meditating using the Divine Sound leads me to samadhi almost every time.I guarantee it works for all if used enough.Each time we get whatever is needed and each time is different.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Gnosis

USA
68 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2007 :  7:48:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gnosis's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
I have also heard of people using the insight cd by the immrama institute with great success.

It uses a proprietary harmonically layered binaural beats. So the brainwave entrainment occurs on all brainwave state: alpha, beta, theta, and delta. I don't believe they use gamma in the insight set.

I have personally tried the immrama insight cd and I have to say that they are top quality, it is probably the most popular binaural on the market right now, and for good reason.

I think that novice meditators would benefit greatly from the usage of binaural beat entrainment.

I actually enjoy combing the gamma meditation binaural by Jeffrey Thompson with the Immrama Insight cd, since the insight cd doesn't include gamma wave entrainment.

Edited by - Gnosis on Oct 24 2007 7:55:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  10:37:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
i've been using binaural beats (delta wave) one hour every day consistently for about seven months now. i listen to the CD while i do the spinal breathing for half an hour, then the next half hour i do the mantra meditation.

the product i'm using is pricy, and comes with too much marketing attached, but yields very good results.. holosync by centerpointe (http://www.centerpointe.com/holosync/)

for me, it was a good substitute for doing pranayam on marijuana -- i can more easily feel the prana flows in the body, but without the energy drain and mental clouding that marijuana induces. probably instrumental in helping me quit a chronic habit.

had to watch it though.. tended to make me go a bit 'squirrelly' at first when i introduced the spinal breathing and mantra meditation -- too much too fast i suspect. now i feel more centered and able to handle it better.

an odd thing: when starting a new holosync disk (it's an ongoing program with progressively deeper carrier frequencies which i thought might be a bedtime story but isn't) i feel sort of stoned for a week or so.. i suspect the binaural 'drilling' stimulates a lot of endorphin release. at first i was paranoid about this, wondering if the technology was harming my brain or something (tsk tsk, marijuana), but no, i feel more calm, centered, and peaceful than when i started.. genuine progress.

ah yes, one other thing, the binaural beats tend to activate crown, which was making me depressed i think.. channelling the energy flows from base to third eye (instead of crown) as recommended by yogani has helped me a lot.. less depression and more ability to see straight to the underlaying truth in all things.

guess i recommend binaural beats! crystal bowls are great too. holosync combines both.
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  11:35:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been using the Neuroprogrammer from Transparent on and off for a while now. It definitely works. I haven't gotten into using it much though but the few times i did i got intuitive flashes of a visual nature in the hypnagogic state. Afterwards i felt like i used to feel when i was a child and very nicely relaxed.

I've decided (if i ever get round to it) to use the BB with mantra meditation on the breath at seperate times during the day. I think it would increase my intuition (BB) and enable me to have a kundalini awakening (mantra pranayama) at the same time.

But the BBs definitely work. I wouldn't compare the feeling to marijuana though (which i have done a LOT of). It is SIMILAR. To be perfectly honest, i cannot see how people can smoke dope and try to be spiritual at the same time. They simply don't mix. Dope clouds the mind, increases the heart rate, harms the lungs, and produces pseudo ecstacies. It can lead to paranoia, severe anxiety, depression, and even mental illness. So i wouldn't say that BBs are a replacement for dope or any drug. The effects of the dope, the buzz, is very nice but once you smoke too much all the negative effects happen. It is a risk not worth taking.

Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2008 :  5:43:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
I recently was lended the Awakened Mind System 2.0 by Dr. Thompson who is apparently a big name in binaural beat technology. I used it once so far and experienced some deep stuff. I think I am more open to it after having done meditation for about 10 months.

Anyway, my big issue is how to integrate it into my practice. Should I try doing my regular pranayama and meditation to it? Should I keep it as a seperate practice? For those who use it regularly what has been your approach to this while staying consistent with AYP or your regular practice?
Go to Top of Page

Nirodha

New Zealand
86 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  8:29:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nirodha's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Gnosis

Does anybody on here use binaural beats for deep meditation. I find them in the beginning stages to be quite beneficial.

I have tried lots of binaural brain wave technologies, like brain wave generator, neuroprogrammer, and insight by immrama.

Yes, I used stuff like this before. If I'm going through a particularly chaotic mental period I've found the technology works quite well for reducing the mental noise and chatter.

It's not something I'd recommend for a novice contemplative though if they are going to use it as meditation aid. I feel one needs to quite skilled - something most novices aren't - at recognizing the signs of meditative absorption (samadhi) if they are going to use it for such a purpose.

Peace
Go to Top of Page

Gnosis

USA
68 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  2:26:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gnosis's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
I personally feel that binaurals are a great help within the realm of spirituality. God designed us to be very receptive to sonic templates.

Binaural beats do the same things singing, chanting, drumming, and all sorts of sacred music do, they entrain your brain to a specific rhythm that is perfect for alter stated of consciousness. This is seen mostly in ingenous spiritual rituals where anyone can clearly see the participants going into an (altered state of consciousness) ASC by their eyes rolling back into their heads accessing their ajna via the shambhavi mudra.

Binaurals are like what weight lifting is to the realm of health and fitness, it's just an amazing tool that helps develops the brain instead of your muscles. The effects of binaurals are not just the asc while you are meditating, BUT the permanent affects the binaurals have on your brain.

The binaurals allow the individual to reach deeper asc, similar to how weight allow to lift more weight. This change results in your brain having to adapt to support the higher level of consciousness, hence the brain becomes altered through neuro plasticity. The effects done to the brain using binaurals are the main benefit, not just the session.

The brain becomes entrained over time to support deeper and deeper levels of consciousness till I suppose one day the neruo biology in the brain adapts, starts using the prefrontal cortex, and enlightenment is able to enter because the brain is properly wired to handle the energy without destroying your energy/physical body.
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  10:53:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Has anyone tried doing AYP with binaural beat or other related technologies.
Go to Top of Page

Black Rebel Radio

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2008 :  10:59:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Rebel Radio's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply

quote:

I actually enjoy combing the gamma meditation binaural by Jeffrey Thompson with the Immrama Insight cd, since the insight cd doesn't include gamma wave entrainment.

This prompted me to do a little research with Thompson's stuff. I have been enjoying the Alpha, Gamma and Theta cd's (via Napster).

Peace
Mac
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2008 :  06:11:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
oes anybody have experiences of intuition through using binaural beats? If so, in what form or way did/does it manifest?

I had something happen to me where i would get pictures in my mind's eye of events related to my mundane life which were like solutions to certain things. What is this called? It seemed like a "higher self" as well as "me" if that makes sense.

If i can get information from my brain like this i want more!

Is it possible to access this information regularly and does it develop the longer binaural beats are used?

Also, has anybody seen the "light at the end of the tunnel"?
Go to Top of Page

presto

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  09:04:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit presto's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
I am new to ayp. I been following these techniques for only a couple of weeks and I like this approach very much.

I have been using brain entrainment for several months (separate tracks using binaural beats of gamma, delta, and some with accompanying singing bowls). I find the effects similar to deep meditation. Sometimes it feels like specific areas of my brain are being massaged (especially in the area of the inner eye) and activated and it seems to quiet the mind very effectively. After using it a few times, I had an increased awareness of non-verbal communication going on between me and others and similar "psychic phenomena." However, it does seem easy to overdo it and I get a dull ache in the center of my brain similar to what happens if I overdo it with deep meditation.

I also attempted to the meditate with the binaural beats and got a headache that lasted for two days. It seems that it is a powerful combination.

Has anyone had similar experience?
Go to Top of Page

brushjw

USA
191 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2008 :  10:17:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit brushjw's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been using binaural beat music for over two years. I have found it effective in training my brain to experience different vibrational frequencies or brainwaves. In conjunction with my AYP practice I now experience bliss consciousness throughout much of the day, almost every day.
quote:
Originally posted by Nirodha
If I'm going through a particularly chaotic mental period I've found the technology works quite well for reducing the mental noise and chatter.

In my case the "chaotic mental period" lasted for years. First meditation, then binaural tones, then AYP helped guide me through this period of darkness. As Yoganis wrote in Lesson 19:

"In the end, it is you who will unfold bliss consciousness by your own efforts through devotion and application of the most comprehensive practices you can find."

The CD I have used the most is Sacred Ground by Kelly Howell. I highly recommend it.

delta33, thanks for the info on holosync. I think I'll try it. The instructions with the CD are quite clear about self-pacing (sounds familiar ).

You might want to check out my post on What are your favorite meditation CDs?. Lots of very helpful auditory suggestions there, not just binaural tone music.

aum namaste,
Joe

Edited by - brushjw on Apr 21 2008 10:14:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Hasse66

Sweden
2 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2008 :  09:06:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hasse66's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi.

Wanted to tip about Kip and his wonderful "bliss music". It is music that claims to give shaktipat a placebo or not I felt it to be very effective...

www.bliss-music.com
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2009 :  11:05:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
hello everyone

i'm developing a binaural beat frequency product for use as a meditative aid.. it's a video of a creek with all the ambient water sounds, plus an embedded binaural beat frequency slide from 10 Hz down to 2 Hz (delta), then back up to alpha state over the course of 20 minutes

the intent is to take you from normal beta brainwave state, down through alpha/theta/delta, hold you in delta for 13 minutes, then ramp you back up to alpha so you come out of it feeling refreshed and creative

would any of you like to test it out (for free)? i'm looking for independent impressions (your experiences) that i would include with the marketing promo when this product goes live

cheers!
Go to Top of Page

jak3b

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2009 :  12:58:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit jak3b's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
would any of you like to test it out (for free)? i'm looking for independent impressions (your experiences) that i would include with the marketing promo when this product goes live

cheers!

Ya Id love to.mesg me
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2009 :  7:10:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jak3b

quote:

cheers!

Ya Id love to.mesg me

the video is huge (250 MB).. i'll have to find a reasonable method of sharing it with you (maybe youtube)

the audio portion is where the magic happens, and is much smaller (30 MB).. you can freely download it here:

http://www.starbelt.com/stuff/binau...eek_demo.mp3

this .mp3 is freeware -- please go ahead and share it with anyone you wish

please feel free to share your comments.. very curious to hear your impressions
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  5:59:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
interesting.. perhaps it's a time factor

there are now a collection of free demos you can try, including some shorter videos (less than five minutes long) which are binaural encoded:

http://www.starbelt.com/freebies/

still curious to hear feedback from any of you on how you find these binaural beats affect you

did i mention they're totally free?

Edited by - delta33 on Jul 01 2009 7:20:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tom Chavez

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2017 :  05:13:39 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
I have used Binaural music and Binaural Beats Meditation.It is more useful and helpful.Binaural Beats is saved for health.It helps to think of your brain like the internet —all of the world, people (similar to your neurons) communicate with each other at nearly instantaneous speeds.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000