Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 difficulties with sexual energy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jotagui

Brazil
14 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2024 :  10:35:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi!! I was just wondering if it is normal for sexual energy to be so active when we are practicing yoga. Honestly I just want to have sex with my girlfriend or jerk off all the time, multiple times a day, its really hard to handle. I try doing the bandhas and spinal breathing, and I am able to make these pulses that goes up my body feeling like butterflies in my stomach, or like a shiver. Its weird, but the sex drive is making me crazy...

Christi

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2024 :  09:32:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jotagui,

Yes, it is quite normal. It is a sign that the second chakra (sacral) is activating. It is just a phase and will pass.

You may find this lesson useful:

Lesson 75 - Siddhasana - Living in a Fountain of Ecstasy

The powerful sexual feelings that siddhasana can bring about can actually be brought about by any spiritual practices, as any practices can lead to the activation of the sacral chakra.

If you want to know how you can make use of sexual energy to benefit your spiritual practices, and avoid wasting prana, that is covered in the Tantra Lessons.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2024 :  03:31:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jotagui, I see you are more than half my age and just wanted to assure you, the coming years of yoga, getting older, and living your life will quiet things down considerably. Embrace pleasure knowing it contributes to ongoing purification. The tantra lessons with educate you on bringing sexual desire upward instead of outward, while you and your partner can have fun exploring, if she is open to the idea of exploratory pleasure. Ask yourself about attaching to your ejaculation, perhaps witness what you think when challenged in such a way.

If you cannot find siddhassena, use a perineum ball (a sock, hackey sack, bean bag, or such) for a similar effect. Continue with your practices, build grounding opportunities into your day, explore your inner pleasures and partner, self pace and ground when overwhelmed. You have a lot of time so might as well have fun with it. Releasing here or there, at your age, will not hinder things.

Edited by - Dogboy on Mar 13 2024 03:37:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

jotagui

Brazil
14 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2024 :  3:18:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the tips! I am trying my best to control myself. I was able to reduce the frequency of sex/masturbation for the past few weeks, and I will continue to do so.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000