Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Kriya questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

EternallyConfused

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2019 :  8:38:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey, I am experiencing autonomous kriyas almost instantly (usually within 10 seconds) whenever i become still or do most practices (vajra pose, basic concentration meditation, 1st stage of khechari, look at videos of kriyas, etc). Generally head shaking back and forth or up and down. Can be fairly violent at times.

It started after i started doing khechari stage 1, so just sticking my tongue to my soft palate. It then expanded to the vajra pose and now occurs all the time with almost all practices. Simply becoming still is enough to activate kriyas at this point.

I dont feel overloaded at all. I dont have any real issues. It would be nice (but not a necessity at all) to not potentially have kriyas whenever i pause and clear my mind for a moment. I was wondering if people know how to process them more rapidly so this stage in my symptom profile will pass.

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2019 :  9:40:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello EC, welcome!

Can you relay your daily yoga practice, and how long it is, and how long you have been meditating?

My understanding regarding automatic movement is it is a consequence of purification, of unblocking nadis so that prana flows freely. As your system gets used to these openings the kriyas will lessen or stop altogether. Unless you are in discomfort, you should have no concern about them, just observe and release, and keep up with your dedicated meditation. You will eventually move on from here.
Go to Top of Page

EternallyConfused

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2019 :  2:21:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If by yoga you mean standard asanas, then i do not have a daily yogic practice. Frankly, i havent had a very committed daily spiritual practice since leaving a zen monastery about 1.5 months back, but I am starting to fire up again.

My practice generally consists of meditating on the sensation that'I am,' which tends to emanate from my chest. I tend to set aside time to do formal sitting meditation on this sensation, but I am also doing general mindfulness when not formally sitting and hold onto this sensation more or less in the background when I am walking, or in class, or what have you. I used to use the nada sounds as my main object, but not much anymore. I also tend to have my tongue pressing up into my soft palate a majority of the time. I also play with my prana sometimes, but I dont really know what I am doing there, and tend to avoid it somewhat as it degrades into essentially a form of masturbation. Sometimes I will also do the vajra pose at times (not going to explain what this is on a public forum. it is not what you see when you look up vajra pose online. it essentially purifies and stimulates the prana channels as well as some other things.) or the vajrasattva mantra.

I have been meditating off and on not very consistently for probably 5 years. I would say my practice really started 7.5 months ago when i went to a zen monastery. I have been, however, on the path for 5-6 years now and have had spirituality be my highest goal for almost as long as that time, while also simultaneously running away from it. I began experiencing lots of energetic symptoms and light kriyas about 5 years ago without practice. I believe kriyas this time have been revved up by pressing my tongue into my soft palate. I was just curious if there is a way to process the kriyas more efficiently, if not I will simply allow them to happen.

thanks

Edited by - EternallyConfused on Feb 13 2019 3:16:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2019 :  3:48:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
By yoga, I'm referring to the 8 limbs (http://www.aypsite.org/books-8limbs.html, https://www.aypsite.org/149.html )of which asanas is but one. Ketchari is an "accelerator" to some, especially with ecstatic conductivity present, so I have no doubt it may have spurred these automatic episodes. AYP considers it a possible side effect of a dedicated yoga practice, and Yogani counsels treating it like the scenery passing by as you drive along the highway. https://www.aypsite.org/183.html

There is nothing to "do" per se, other than observe and surrender. If is is happening at an inopertune time, a mindful intention to suppress them is always there, but suppression will not eliminate them from happening again.
Go to Top of Page

EternallyConfused

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2019 :  7:49:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yeah fair enough. thank you
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000