Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Icy hot chill currents and causes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CAA

Belize
15 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2019 :  11:31:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Can anyone explain what causes the icy hot currents that seem to be everywhere, i know its some sort of purification but why all of a sudden and how long does it usually last? Does it evolve? I know its under the hood, but this stuff is fun to talk about..

During any meditation now its happening all the time even when not meditating. Esp w/ sbp. Is it associated with any chakra?

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2019 :  03:46:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi CAA,

You experience the energies in the subtle body and yes the chakras are involved and your experiences will evolve (with daily practices). If experiences become uncomfortable, use self-pace and otherwise enjoy!
Good things are happening.

These 3 lessons will explain more to you, as Yogani is a key in explaining:

Cool and Warm Currents in Pranayama

Pratyahara, Expansion of the senses inward

Bliss, Ecstasy and Divine Love

Edited by - Charliedog on Jan 24 2019 06:40:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

CAA

Belize
15 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2019 :  08:49:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Charliedog!

Yogani always explains things clearly. Sometimes things get a little uncomfortable but im learning how to handle it better as time goes on.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2019 :  5:30:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CAA
how long does it usually last? Does it evolve?

No one knows how long it will last, it could be months or years. The journey is unique for each of us, but yes, it will evolve. The strong sensations will subside in the long run, that is if you keep cleaning the energy channels and don't do anything to create more blockages. Which doesn't mean to say it can't get rougher in the short term, but you know about self-pacing.

quote:
Originally posted by CAA
Is it associated with any chakra?

The energy ascending from the second chakra (Svadhisthana), feels cold. That is why Yogani says it's a clear sign of kundalini awakening. Sexual energy has began to move upwards.

As Yogani says, practice wisely and enjoy
Go to Top of Page

CAA

Belize
15 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2019 :  5:16:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the reply.

I am guessing it it also dealing with the vishnu granthi? One day a few months ago, i could, while going about daily life, i could do sambhavi and the energy would get intense and create the most wonderful sensation.. Hasnt happened since.. LOL Also, the out of body stuff is happening some too at night all on its own. Does the frequency of these increase over time?

Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2019 :  05:26:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When you read about granthis and chakras, it's very easy to form a sequential and rather mechanical view of the kundalini process. In reality, it's more gradual and integrated. As we clean the sushumna, the chances are all the granthis are lessened. Unless there is an absolute block somewhere along the length of the sushumna, the energy is bound to push against all 3 knots, lessening them. It's not all or nothing - they don't snap open one by one, in perfect sequence from the bottom to the top.

quote:
Originally posted by CAA
Also, the out of body stuff is happening some too at night all on its own. Does the frequency of these increase over time?

Like many experiences along the way, this is very different from person to person. It is possible to get to unity without having had any out of body experiences at all. I think 'out of body' is just the mind trying to interpret a shift in self-perception that happens as we evolve. We eventually come to realise there no 'inside' that is separate from 'outside', it's the mind that creates these two distinct categories.

Anyway, having come to the end of the above paragraph, I'm wondering if it's any use to anybody reading it. I guess this is why Yogani does not write about experiences. Well, I've typed it now, so I'm going to leave it.

Enjoy you practice! You are making progress, which is what matters at the end of the day.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Jan 27 2019 07:55:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

CAA

Belize
15 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2019 :  08:54:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think we get hobbled by language when talking about this stuff, but what can you do right? And I agree the mind creates polarity and division (where actually there is none) and in reality, nothing needs to said about this journey.. But that's no fun either, both things exist simultaneously as usual. It's like seeing the most beautiful sunrise and being pulled in both directions to acknowledge or not its existence. Its quite wonderous and wonderful.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000