Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Kundalini sysmtops of high and low
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fmyoga

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2019 :  03:56:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

lately I realised that I came to rough water after a steady phase of grounded progress with my practice.

Since November 2018 I started to have some more unstable days where I felt emotions more strongly again. Since the last weeks I´m experiencing extreme opposites. I feel strong emotions again which seemed to be somehow hidden of unworthiness existencial fear etc. But on the other side I have days or better timeframes in a day where I sit and feel the intimmacy to he ordinary, feelning really light and free of personhood and present to the moment. I also need more sleep feeling way less energetic as before sometimes have pressure in my head and feeling really sensitive.

I´m practicing since december 2017. My routine is now consisting asanas -10min - SPB -10min with additions - DM for 20mins. But another big factor is self inquiry which lately got quite a lot since I loved reading lots of books and the teachings highly resonating with me. I sit and read books and really feel the openness and deeper understanding. Along with that in my life I have experience some insecurities in the moment as I´m not guaranteed to stay in my job.

So all that seems to be some kundalini being active and a lot of inner development is going on.

I would like to hear your thoughts on this. i already started to reduce my DM to 15 minutes in the last days to self pace.

Edited by - fmyoga on Jan 16 2019 04:04:05 AM

luce

France
25 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2019 :  7:59:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit luce's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello fmyoga,

Going through emotional ups and downs is a common kundalini symptom on the path. It is wise to think about self-pacing.

The first thing to avoid energetic overload, in AYP it is advised to take one practice at a time, allowing at least a month between additions, so that if we suddenly feel discomfort , we would know what had triggered it, and we could drop it immediately and step back. If you had a stable and comfortable routine, with nothing added recently then it could be caused by too much purification in a short time or imbalances.

Now, how to deal with it? Self-pacing is all about comfort. Only you can say what is comfortable or not. On the one hand we can have a back off action on our AYP routine: the first thing we do usually in this case is to drop powerful energetic practices such as Siddhasana, mudras and bandhas. I would rather drop these instead of cutting down on meditation time as a first thing as you wrote "SBP with additions". You can try that for a week or so and see what happens.

The second thing we can do is to have more grounding activities like more physical exercise for instance. Being active, engaged, involved in some kind of activity where you could ground that energy. As you are saying that you are spending a lot of time reading and studying at the moment, having more physical activity could help there. You can try that too for a while.

As for life events, ups and downs are part of life. If we can change something, good, if not, letting go and accepting it might be the best option. But when we are meditating, we are silently observing, and when we have strong negative emotions rising, it can be frightening to look at these emotions straight in the eyes. If it is too distracting, then stay with the emotion until it dissolves without making any judgement or analysing it and then come back to the practice you are doing whenever it is possible again.

Hope you'll feel better soon. Come back to tell us how it goes.

Warm wishes

Edited by - luce on Jan 21 2019 06:40:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

fmyoga

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2019 :  06:21:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks luce! This is some good advice. I cutted Siddhasana and also crossed eyes during SPB for now. I also try to be more active with walking to ground the energy for now.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2019 :  06:50:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Luce: To self-pace, start by taking out the energetic practices like the add-ons to SB. Also, reduce or eliminate for the time being energetic practices like Uddiyana Bandha, Nauli, Head stand, etc. Continue with SB and DM, and see how you feel. If this is too much, reduce SB to 5 minutes, and do DM for 20 minutes. If this does not work, try 5 min SB and 15 min DM.

Make changes gradually, and stay with the routine for at least a couple of days to see how it affects you. In this way, you will have a better idea of what works for you.

Make sure you are physically active. In the proces of spiritual transformation, all the layers of our being change - and you see these effects in the body, emotion, mind, and so on. What you are doing works. Now you can adjust the practice for a more comfortable journey.

Anotyher way to approach the self-pacing is to identify what has changed just before you started to show these symptoms, and work from there to make adjustments.

Best wishes

Go to Top of Page

fmyoga

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2019 :  04:50:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks I just cutted all the energy practices out of my routine. It slowly seems to become more stable again. :-)
Go to Top of Page

luce

France
25 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2019 :  07:03:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit luce's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi fmyoga,

Great :) That's good news! You are experiencing something really important there. Sometimes, doing less is doing more. If we try to push it, we can end up struggling for months before getting back on the rails. When we self-pace, we make slow but steady and ongoing progress. And our journey is more pleasant.

When you will feel ready again, you can start by introducing the add-ons back into your routine again one by one allowing some time in beween additions.

Enjoy

Go to Top of Page

fmyoga

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2019 :  08:35:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just a update and inspiration for others going through the same:

Last weekend I had the chance to go on a 3 hour hike. The same day afterwards it didn´t make much impact on my kundalini but 2 days after I felt really light once again without gripping thoughts. What I also discovered was that always when I have days ore timeframes with emotional confusion I always feel enegry / little pressure in my front head pretty much the area of the third eye. In times of lightness I don´t feel it there and feel really open and not contracted in the body.

The ups and downs are still not gone to a constant level. I sometimes feel a kind of fear and downness which can´t even be labled to soemthing, it seems like really deep patterns are arising.

I just cutted SPB to 5minds now and see how it goes trying to incorporate as much walking as possible to gorund.
Go to Top of Page

fmyoga

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2019 :  09:22:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Actually this talk by Adyashanti describes my situation in which I am right now pretty much exaclty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kypcHAFijzk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000