Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 mapping the scenery
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gchristine

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2019 :  11:34:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have spent days reading the forums and lessons. I am looking for answers. (I have been having problems due to meditation for 8 years)

I think it is incredibly naive to put off all experiences during meditation as "scenery". I think the goal should be to figure out what these experiences really are,why we have them, what is really going on energeticaly etc.

Please share your thoughts on this and maybe we can map the scenery together.

Edited by - AYPforum on Jan 17 2019 1:00:00 PM

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2019 :  07:53:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi christine,

On our spiritual path we could have many experiences. I understand that you are looking for answers, this is what most people want. To be in control and wanting to know what to expect.

However if we are honest to ourselves, we know life could be totally different in a glimpse, not much is completely under control and expectations will lead often to disappointment. This is the suffering of mankind.

The lessons that you find here, are a map to freedom, freedom from 'the 'wanting to know' freedom from 'wanting to be in control'. Freedom or liberation means that we are open to all experiences of life, also the most beautiful and divine ones during our practices. We enjoy them to the fullest and carry on after that. Freedom means that we can rest in the unknown, it means that we experience bliss or peace inside under all of our circumstances. The AYPmap to freedom is here, it is up to you to start. It will be your individual journey of life.

From lesson 53:

The experiences that come up along the way to enlightenment should be regarded as milestones, indicators of progress that will inspire us to carry on with our practice. Once we zoom on past them, they have already served their purpose, and we are on to a new level. Maybe we will want to stop once in a while to enjoy the view. If we stop and look, that's okay. Soon we will be back in the car and on our way again.

Some traditions put much attention on experiences of light and sound, using them as objects of meditation. When they are not there, then they are imagined and meditated on. It becomes a goal to see certain visions. While this may be a valid approach for some, it is not the practice we are doing here in these lessons. Our goal is to keep it as simple and effective as possible. We want to be using as few levers as possible, the main ones that trigger the natural abilities within us that open the inner doors.

Edit: PS Christi advised you already how to start slowly, if you feel ready to meditate.

https://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic...=17882#17882

Edited by - Charliedog on Jan 13 2019 07:58:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2019 :  08:27:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well said, Charliedog! (and Yogani, of course).

quote:
I think it is incredibly naive to put off all experiences during meditation as "scenery". I think the goal should be to figure out what these experiences really are,why we have them, what is really going on energeticaly etc.

Conversely one can make the argument that it is naive one can truly find out the "why" behind such things as they cannot be physically autopsied or studied under a microscope, and cannot replay them over and over to capture each and every nuance of an experience. Treating them as impermanent allows for moving forward rather than getting stuck in the mud.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2019 :  1:00:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

luce

France
25 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2019 :  3:29:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit luce's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi gchristine,

You are in need of answers but I haven't seen any question there.
You are making judgements instead.

We all have different experiences on the path, how could we map it? It is just impossible. Different people have different experiences because we are all unique and we all have a different karma. So each path to enlightenment is also unique.
What you have experienced is your experience only, it is important that you understand that. Your map might be useless to others.

There are some things which we all go through, and these appear in the AYP writings. There is way enough.

What is mapped however is that what brings us to enligthenment is daily and effective practice, not theory behind experiences. And that is what AYP is all about.

I recommend you to read lesson 400 - Theory and practice
You might find some answers to your questions.

You are trying to understand with your mind what is beyond the mind. We think this approach is a dead end, that is why we are telling you all this, now if you need to verify it by yourself, fair enough, it is part of it

I sincerely wish you the best!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000