Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Evening
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MichaelWinz

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2018 :  11:04:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
All,

I've been immersed in the AYP teachings for a little over 6 months. I started with DM in February, dabbled in Spinal Breathing, and recently added Samyana practice. I love it. It's been a game changer for me.

I have a question - I'd like to do some practice at night sometimes but DM interferes with deep sleep. Is there a practice in the AYP System that I can do at bedtime to 'trigger' witness consciousness that doesn't keep me awake?

Thanks!
Michael

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2018 :  1:11:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Michael

There is a practice called Cosmic Samyama (lesson #299) that can be undertaken after many months of sablization with your regular Samyama practice. Here is an excerpt:

"Cosmic samyama is a practice we will do while lying on our back, relaxed with eyes closed. It is similar to the corpse pose utilized at the end of our yoga asana routine, except we elevate our head on a pillow or two and rest our hands easily on our solar plexus, the area between the navel and the bottom of the ribs. Our legs can lie flat and easy. This can be done on the bed, if desired. If we are not in a place where we are able to lie down, then we just lean back in whatever place we happen to be sitting. The key thing is to be comfortable.

Cosmic samyama can be performed at the end of our sitting practices, using a predetermined series of sutras. It then becomes the first part of our rest period after all of our sitting practices are finished. We also have the option to do it right before we go to sleep at night."

Go to Top of Page

MichaelWinz

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2018 :  6:12:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Dogboy

I will read that lesson! I'll probably give it a try in a few months.

quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

Hello Michael

There is a practice called Cosmic Samyama (lesson #299) that can be undertaken after many months of sablization with your regular Samyama practice. Here is an excerpt:

"Cosmic samyama is a practice we will do while lying on our back, relaxed with eyes closed. It is similar to the corpse pose utilized at the end of our yoga asana routine, except we elevate our head on a pillow or two and rest our hands easily on our solar plexus, the area between the navel and the bottom of the ribs. Our legs can lie flat and easy. This can be done on the bed, if desired. If we are not in a place where we are able to lie down, then we just lean back in whatever place we happen to be sitting. The key thing is to be comfortable.

Cosmic samyama can be performed at the end of our sitting practices, using a predetermined series of sutras. It then becomes the first part of our rest period after all of our sitting practices are finished. We also have the option to do it right before we go to sleep at night."

Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2018 :  10:56:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cosmic Samyama is recommended at 6 mo of practice? I disagree. He just started basic Samyama, and he would be adding a crown practice within this.

You can do what you want, but I disagree with this advice( even though Dogboy is awesome).

Edited by - lalow33 on Oct 01 2018 01:00:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2018 :  05:25:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, if you think the crown is too much for you at present, just skip that point/sutra while doing cosmic samyama (a form of Yoga nidra). In this way there is no harm, specially if you end in the heart chakra (previous to AYP I did many years of another form of Yoga Nidra that ended in the heart chakra).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000