Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Missing a session
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cato

Germany
225 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2018 :  11:21:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

in the next months, there will be several days when I definitely won't be able to do my twice daily practice due to the cirmumstances (probably event not short meditation only sessions). I really do want to practice twice daily and I definitely don't like those days coming. However, how serious can it be to miss a session now and then? Wouldn't it be advisable to practice acceptance of those cirmumstances and so to say switch to practicing yamas and niyamas for example?

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2018 :  11:58:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Missing a session here and there doesn't matter. But since you expect things to be tight, you can make do with at least a couple of minutes of meditation followed by few minutes of rest. That should take care of your requirements.
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2018 :  11:42:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cato! Thank you for your post. Yes I believe acceptance is the key. There are times that we as people living in our modern day society must miss sessions. I certainly have! Whether it be having newborns, young children, being sick etc. I'm reminded that its about acceptance. I love the serenity prayer: "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference." Sometimes I know for myself its difficult to say, hmm is this my own laziness or getting into bad habits that is getting me off the cushion and how can I find accountability around my Sadhana or is there a situation out of my control happening that I must flow with. Sometimes I've needed to do just 5 min. and let go of perfectionism around doing exactly 20 min. because of life circumstance. Just those mindful 5 min. can be helpful as a place holder for when I can do my full practice.
Thanks for sharing Cato! Best to you!Chard
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2018 :  5:51:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I missed two years and figured I had only fallen off the path. Only to find myself addicted to heroin and completely broken. Destroyed my life and in the end also my ego. That’s what I get for praying to kali to come destroy my ego. She leaves you so broken you really have no choice but drop the act
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2018 :  10:38:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When I encounter this situation I try to squeeze in even just a few minutes with some rest, it does help! Good luck:)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000