Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Kundalini, sleep paralysis ,dark entity
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shaktidevi

Sweden
22 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2018 :  04:38:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Link to my yoga experience and about me:
https://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic...PIC_ID=17652

Last night it felt like energy was moving up and down my spine the first half of the night but not sure if I was asleep. Then I took my daughter to the toilet around 1:30am I went myself aswell, I know I was definitely awake at this point. Went back to bed and this energy started moving up and down my spine again, next thing happens is a big force from base of spine goes up through my spine explodes out my crown, I hear a buzz and then see a black cloudy shadow form in front of me, my body starts shaking vigorously, and I can feel the energy rushing up and down through my body, and I can feel my daughters arm on me aswell (we sleep in same bed) and I can hear her saying why are you shaking. I try to get up but I’m stuck I’m trying to call out to my husband who was sleeping on the couch, but then 2 hands grab my head and pin me down so hard, so I was really paralysed now, then I started saying I Love You over and over and the hands started releasing slowly and I woke up my head to the right side stiff.

I’m freaked out, is it a dark entity you think? Since It backed off when I started saying I love you over and over?
Why was kundalini involved aswell, I haven’t experienced sleep paralysis since I was a kid! This dream thing felt very different and real and not so normal!
I smoked the house with incense this morning.
Any suggestions? Not looking forward to sleeping tonight

Christi

United Kingdom
4373 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2018 :  05:34:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shaktidevi,

What you experienced are classical symptoms of an energetic (kundalini) awakening. The energy going up the spine and exploding through the crown chakra is quite common, as is sleep paralysis.

I would not be concerned about the things that you saw and felt during the experience. During an awakening, the senses can become heightened and we can see and feel things that would othereise be invisible or unfelt. There is no reason to think that what you saw was a dark entity. It could have been friendly, helping you out, or purely a creation of your mind, trying to make sense of the experience.

If you do have other strange experiences that are unsettling, then there are measures you can take to protect yourself. For now, I would say to stay calm and to focus on grounding activities. These are described in this lesson:

Lesson 69 - Kundalini Symptoms, Imbalances and Remedies

What you have experienced is the beginning of a long journey and you will need to learn practices for working with the energies involved, if you do not have any already. Beginning at the start of the main lessons on this site would be a good place to start:

Lesson 10 (The first in this series) - Why This Discussion?

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Shaktidevi

Sweden
22 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2018 :  05:49:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Shaktidevi,

What you experienced are classical symptoms of an energetic (kundalini) awakening. The energy going up the spine and exploding through the crown chakra is quite common, as is sleep paralysis.

I would not be concerned about the things that you saw and felt during the experience. During an awakening, the senses can become heightened and we can see and feel things that would othereise be invisible or unfelt. There is no reason to think that what you saw was a dark entity. It could have been friendly, helping you out, or purely a creation of your mind, trying to make sense of the experience.

If you do have other strange experiences that are unsettling, then there are measures you can take to protect yourself. For now, I would say to stay calm and to focus on grounding activities. These are described in this lesson:

Lesson 69 - Kundalini Symptoms, Imbalances and Remedies

What you have experienced is the beginning of a long journey and you will need to learn practices for working with the energies involved, if you do not have any already. Beginning at the start of the main lessons on this site would be a good place to start:

Lesson 10 (The first in this series) - Why This Discussion?

Christi

Thanks for the response, I’m not sure if you read the link I posted which is about my kundalini awakening experience at teacher training, so it can happen again? I’m not even sure I was awake or asleep even when I felt my daughters hand and her voice. I have been reading the lessons here already.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4373 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2018 :  1:19:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shaktidevi,

Yes, the experiences that you described in the post you linked to above are also kundalini experiences. Kundalini is not something which simply happens once and then that's it. It is a long process which has many different stages. Each stage is different and is accompanied by different symptoms.

One of the ways in which the different stages are described is by using the analogy of knots, or "granthis" in Sanskrit. There are said to be three major knots in the subtle neurobiology. The first is in the pelvic region, the second in the heart and the third in the head.

In your post here, you are giving a description of the piercing of the knot in the pelvis (Brahma granthi). Prana moves up to the next place in the body where there is a major blockage, which in your case was the heart. With the knot of the heart closed, the experience was of tears and a shaking or trembling in the body, as the prana builds up there. In your case, it was forced into the side chanels (ida and pingala), causing the head to move in different directions.

The description that you give in your post at the top of this thread, is of the piercing of the knot of the heart (Vishnu granthi). The prana then flows upwards through the heart to the crown chakra. The heart is not yet fully purified because you are still experiencing some fear, but the knot is released enough for the prana to flow freely up to the higher centres.

The knot in the head is called Rudra granthi. The experience associated with the piercing of this knot, is one of pure bliss consciousness (SatChitAnanda). There are stages of awakening beyond this, which are related to Divine love and liberation.

As well as the three major knots, there are also many minor knots, or minor granthis. These are also associated with their own experiences.

Good to hear that you have been reading the lessons. A lot of information is in there that will help you as things unfold further. If you have not done so already, take a look at the Tantra lessons. There is a lot of information in those about the energetic aspects associated with the higher stages of purification and awakening.

There is more on the granthis here:

Lesson 276 - Granthis - The Three Knots

Christi

Go to Top of Page

Shaktidevi

Sweden
22 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2018 :  1:44:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Shaktidevi,

Yes, the experiences that you described in the post you linked to above are also kundalini experiences. Kundalini is not something which simply happens once and then that's it. It is a long process which has many different stages. Each stage is different and is accompanied by different symptoms.

One of the ways in which the different stages are described is by using the analogy of knots, or "granthis" in Sanskrit. There are said to be three major knots in the subtle neurobiology. The first is in the pelvic region, the second in the heart and the third in the head.

In your post here, you are giving a description of the piercing of the knot in the pelvis (Brahma granthi). Prana moves up to the next place in the body where there is a major blockage, which in your case was the heart. With the knot of the heart closed, the experience was of tears and a shaking or trembling in the body.

The description that you give in your post at the top of this thread, is of the piercing of the knot of the heart (Vishnu granthi). The prana then flows upwards through the heart to the crown chakra. The heart is not yet fully purified because you are still experiencing some fear, but the knot is released enough for the prana to flow freely up to the higher centres.

The knot in the head is called Rudra granthi. The experience associated with the piercing of this knot, is one of pure bliss consciousness. There are stages of awakening beyond this, which are related to Divine love and liberation.

As well as the three major knots, there are also many minor knots, or minor granthis. These are also associated with their own experiences.

Good to hear that you have been reading the lessons. A lot of information is in there that will help you as things unfold further. If you have not done so already, take a look at the Tantra lessons. There is a lot of information in those about the energetic aspects associated with the higher stages of purification and awakening.

There is more on the granthis here:

Lesson 276 - Granthis - The Three Knots

Christi

Many thanks for the information, I have read about the granthis but the way you explained it makes a lot of sense to me now. Will read the links
Go to Top of Page

maverick angel

France
42 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2018 :  07:39:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit maverick angel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sometimes the kundalini pushes out 'dirty' prana, which can appear as black smoke, could be an element of this too, nothing to worry about:)
Go to Top of Page

Shaktidevi

Sweden
22 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2018 :  07:13:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maverick angel

Sometimes the kundalini pushes out 'dirty' prana, which can appear as black smoke, could be an element of this too, nothing to worry about:)

Thanks for the reply, what do you think about the hands pinning my head down? Any ideas?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000