Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Pop crack boom crieck
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jigjnasu

France
28 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2018 :  10:43:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I am doing spinal breathing with mula bandha, uddiyana bandha et shambhavi

Often during spinal breathing, at the inspiration, with mula bandha and uddiyana bandha I send the energy up, if I don't use use uddiyana bandha I go the throat or the heart and if I use it I got to throat or ajna, is it how to use both of them ?

Also during inspiration often I hear cracking sounds like If two bones was scratching against each others, sorry I don't know how to describe the sound. Is it normal ?

Outside of practice during the day or before sleeping I hear popping or booming sounds (just one each time and not every day). What is it ?

Also I don't understand how to make shambhavi and how to use it. When I make shambhavi I feel like my brain go lightly touch a little where ajna should be, but it is hard to maintain and it is a little painful to the eyes. I don't feel how to use it. When I use mula bandha almost to the heart I feel very good but I don't feel anything with shambhavi.

I try to maintain mula bandha et shambhavi during the full time of sbp but I just pull when going up is it ok ? Should the pulling be maintained ?

I tried to make myself clear, if not please ask away I will try harder

Edit: Also I feel something going up but nearly never something going down.

Maxime,

Edited by - jigjnasu on Aug 16 2018 10:45:36 AM

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2018 :  04:15:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maxime,

Strong bhakti is a great ingredient for practice. Reading your post it sounds if you are trying very hard to accomplish it all. Excuse me if I am seeing this wrong. Less could be more in the case of trying to achieve. It might be a good idea to re-read the AYP lessons on SBP, Mulabandha and Sambhavi, on the left of the screen you can find them.

Add one bandha (mulabandha) and wait until you know how it works in you and be completely comfortable with it before adding a new one. It all takes time, months, years, rather then weeks.

Go to Top of Page

jigjnasu

France
28 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2018 :  04:44:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Actually I did that yesterday (only mulabandha)

SBP is a practice that I have difficulty with, always been the case, but I still want to implement it. Didn't found the recipe yet.

Could it be concentration issues ? Could vrikshâsana helps ?

Edited by - jigjnasu on Aug 18 2018 04:50:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2018 :  05:00:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes that could be, and yes this asana is a good one to practice, concentrate, balance and grounding. Adding Uyaji on the exhale might also help you to concentrate on tracing the spine if you didn't used that already.

No need to pull or push energy, just attention.....no hurry. Good luck.

From the SBP lesson:

Sit comfortably with back support, and close your eyes just as you do when you meditate. Now, keeping your mouth closed, breathe in and out slowly and deeply through your nose, but not to the extreme. Be relaxed and easy about it, breathing as slowly and deeply as possible without discomfort. There is no need to be heroic. Work your muscles so each breath begins in your belly and fills you up through your chest to the top of your collarbones, and then comes back down slowly. Next, with each rising inhalation of the breath, allow your attention to travel upward inside a tiny thread, or tube, you visualize beginning at your perineum, continuing up through the center of your spine, and up through the stem of your brain to the center of your head. At the center of your head the tiny nerve makes a turn forward to the point between your eyebrows. With one slow, deep inhalation let your attention travel gradually inside the nerve from the perineum all the way to the point between the eyebrows. As you exhale, retrace this path from the point between the eyebrows all the way back down to the perineum. Then, come back up to the point between the eyebrows with the next inhalation, and down to the perineum with the next exhalation, and so on.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000