Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Pranotthana or Kundalini awakening
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shaktidevi

Sweden
22 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2018 :  2:09:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey I’m 31 female and started my spiritual path about 10 years ago.
I was practicing laya yoga and Bhakti yoga with my shakti pat guru in Australia, it was a mystical esoteric school. The 3 years I went there I cleared a lot of inner stuff and received blessings. I experienced major transformation and blissful transcending meditations. I feel energy ripple down (great feeling) my crown or through my body, especially if it’s something spiritual related, in my daily life.

I then moved to India and was doing service as a volunteer I did this for about 3 years, in this time I continued my guided meditations via CDs that my guru has.

I’ve moved to another country and took up hatha yoga, now practicing for 2.5yrs along with my gurus CD meditations. I decided to do my yoga teacher training in India just this December 2017.

Now I’ll talk about my experience while at teacher training. After 19days of the training one evening we were chanting the elements mantra, I was feeling quite over it by now and ready to just finish the training, then I felt this throbbing begin in my base area and this pressure rising up and all of a sudden it exploded out of my heart I was crying with tears but no feelings at all, then I started hyperventilating and that turned into my head moving forcefully up and down and I couldn’t breath much,I was doing a forceful inhalation and exhalation with the head movement, as soon as the crying stopped this extreme strong current like a strong vibrating machine was buzzing inside me I couldnt control my body or move anything, my hands went into a mudra, my hands were cold ,after a while an assistant yogi came and put her hands on my shoulders and they try to make me drink sweet juice but I couldn’t move. Then I came out of it I was completely spaced out. This same experience kept happening every 4-5days growing stronger each time, by the last time it happened my arms were lifted up and my mouth was vibrating some sound. So this happened maybe 5 times during my teacher training and then I finished and left. My teacher said it was kundalini but then I’m not convinced I’ve read that pranotthana is strong aswell.

So now back at home 7 months later, after my pranayama practice I sit in vjarasana and put my hands in prayer and bend back I feel this extreme force go through me, sometimes my head shakes side to side or my body shakes, but not so often. But now the last month I have not felt this strong force, just wondering why, I still do my practice everyday. I still feel the ripples of energy or energy in me just not the same as before. My meditations are mostly blissful and usually I see white light behind my eyes. I’m very devoted to divine mother.I’m also teaching yoga and I want to understand kundalini more and if what I experienced was kundalini since I’ve had students ask about it.
Thank you

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2018 :  6:48:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Shaktidevi and welcome to the forum.

There is definitely an element of automatic yoga from what I can deduce. Also I guess that your kundalini journey has begun. It might last many years and gradually reduce. We can help in AYP related issues here.
Go to Top of Page

Shaktidevi

Sweden
22 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2018 :  01:11:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I should add aswell that the last 1.5 months I’ve been doing some service, could this be why my spontaneous movements and force has stopped since one month now?

Thanks for your replies
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2018 :  01:33:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shaktidevi

What you are describing is friction caused by Kundaliny. The energy hits on blockages along energetic channels - the resulting sensations can be pleasant or unpleasant. As we get cleaned up, the friction disappears, so we feel smoother.

If you'd like to understand kundalini, reading some of the AYP lessons (free on this website) could help. If you have time, you might like to read them all. There is a lot to learn from them.

If you wish to find lessons on a specific topic, go to this page https://www.aypsite.org/TopicIndex.html
and find 'kundalini' under letter 'k'

All the best on your path.
Go to Top of Page

Shaktidevi

Sweden
22 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2018 :  01:43:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

Hi Shaktidevi

What you are describing is friction caused by Kundaliny. The energy hits on blockages along energetic channels - the resulting sensations can be pleasant or unpleasant. As we get cleaned up, the friction disappears, so we feel smoother.

If you'd like to understand kundalini, reading some of the AYP lessons (free on this website) could help. If you have time, you might like to read them all. There is a lot to learn from them.

If you wish to find lessons on a specific topic, go to this page https://www.aypsite.org/TopicIndex.html
and find 'kundalini' under letter 'k'

All the best on your path.

Thank you makes sense! I’ve started reading the lessons now.
Would you say it was kundalini or pranotthana my experience? Have not been able to find information anywhere that makes sense to me. Mainly I want to guide my students properly since there is no one here but me to guide them (I live in a small town)
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2018 :  06:33:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Then you have come to the right place. You will find a lot of knowledge on this website, up to the most advance there is. And if you finish reading it, there is more on AYP Plus!

Regarding your kundalini vs. pranotthana question:
All "pranotthana" means is the very early days of a long, long process of awakening. There isn't a clear dividing line between kundalini and pranotthana. It's the same energy that develops and stabilises with practice.

It's interesting we had two questions about it on the forum in the last week or so. Somebody must have started an online discussion about it and the term is now becoming popular.
I happened to answered the first question about pranotthana here:
https://aypsite.org/forum/topic.asp...17616#148315

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Aug 03 2018 06:36:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shaktidevi

Sweden
22 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2018 :  06:41:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

Then you have come to the right place. You will find a lot of knowledge on this website, up to the most advance there is. And if you finish reading it, there is more on AYP Plus!

Regarding your kundalini vs. pranotthana question:
All "pranotthana" means is the very early days of a long, long process of awakening. There isn't a clear dividing line between kundalini and pranotthana. It's the same energy that develops and stabilises with practice.

It's interesting we had two questions about it on the forum in the last week or so. Somebody must have started an online discussion about it and the term is now becoming popular.
I happened to answered the first question about pranotthana here:
https://aypsite.org/forum/topic.asp...17616#148315

Thank you so much! This makes a lot of sense to me now #128591;
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2018 :  11:46:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are very welcome.
Enjoy your reading
Go to Top of Page

maverick angel

France
42 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2018 :  03:09:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit maverick angel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shaktidevi, I would say that what you are experiencing is kundalini not pranothana. You may not trust that it is, because there are so many inaccurate accounts out there with people going mad, being hospitalised ect. After my initial awakening I questioned too, because I felt fine and totally sane. In fact, this is how a K awakening should be, your proper yogic preparation has paid off. You are feeling ripples of energy and this is the Shakti now permanently present, you may have more peak experiences as the years go on but don't expect this all the time or worry its gone away, the energy will be felt more subtly in general, you will gradually get accustomed to holding more of it, as it permeates your spiritual nervous system. You don't need a guru or teacher, the Shakti is the guru, better off being on forums like this, gurus can exploit newly awakened people because they are vulnerable and confused. Just keep meditating and you'll be fine!
Go to Top of Page

Shaktidevi

Sweden
22 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2018 :  08:37:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maverick angel

Hi Shaktidevi, I would say that what you are experiencing is kundalini not pranothana. You may not trust that it is, because there are so many inaccurate accounts out there with people going mad, being hospitalised ect. After my initial awakening I questioned too, because I felt fine and totally sane. In fact, this is how a K awakening should be, your proper yogic preparation has paid off. You are feeling ripples of energy and this is the Shakti now permanently present, you may have more peak experiences as the years go on but don't expect this all the time or worry its gone away, the energy will be felt more subtly in general, you will gradually get accustomed to holding more of it, as it permeates your spiritual nervous system. You don't need a guru or teacher, the Shakti is the guru, better off being on forums like this, gurus can exploit newly awakened people because they are vulnerable and confused. Just keep meditating and you'll be fine!

Thank you :) much appreciated
Go to Top of Page

shan

India
1 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2020 :  04:09:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi, i have an experience which may be related to this experience. while lying down, a trickling or scrowling sensation raising from base of spine happened. immediately whole body vibrated or shaked so vilently that upper body raised a little from bed and was rolling to both sides violently. it was happening unconciously. what i feel latter was that even though out wardly i have wish to samadhi experience, inwardly i actually want to have a lustful, familiy , common man's life. so when suddenly a sensation happened, that fear of raising kundalini shoot up and immediately body shaked so violently to ward off the kundalini raising. it may not necessarily kundalini raising. but in ward fear caused all these jerking.
in your case i may say continue practise and read good books and prepare yourself for the discarding for worldly pleasures mentally. this will make this happen smoothly. or else build a strong aim. it is also helpful. raising of kundalini, samadhi etc does not end worldly life. generally in olden days samadhi was to be acquired before 24 years of age. after that family life has to lead.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000