Yoga and Relationships
 Talking about kundalini awakening
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cato

Germany
225 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2018 :  2:48:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everybody,

do you think talking about kundalini awakening to your spouse/husband/wife is a good idea? Did you do yourself? I'm really not sure.

Edited by - AYPforum on Aug 01 2018 3:16:56 PM

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2018 :  3:13:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Cato
I'm really not sure.

Then it may be best not to.

The question I would ask is: Will it help anybody, in any way, if you do?

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Aug 01 2018 3:17:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2018 :  3:16:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2018 :  10:53:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps, Cato, get a handle on it (based on all the advice you've received from your other posts) and become more comfortable with your experience before sharing with others. Most likely you will alarm them as they do not have the understanding about kundalini, and in that respect, cannot offer you anything helpful.

As I have had a gradual awakening of energy via the AYP program, and a confident understanding of the process and how I am progressing, I do share some my energy and purification experiences with my wife. She is not a yogini or spiritually inclined, but smiles and listens politely, and asks few questions. She sees and experiences the positive fruits of my practice, how I behave as a husband and father, and that is enough for her, I guess.
Go to Top of Page

Cato

Germany
225 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2018 :  3:34:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

yes, I guess you might be right in that I should walk some time on this path before talking about it. I was just wondering if it might be helpful to clear things up from the start. I guess I will need more time on my own (i.e. for meditation) and also might encounter some unfamiliar personal situations and developments on the road.
Go to Top of Page

redbushlighter

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2018 :  1:12:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

Perhaps, Cato, get a handle on it (based on all the advice you've received from your other posts) and become more comfortable with your experience before sharing with others. Most likely you will alarm them as they do not have the understanding about kundalini, and in that respect, cannot offer you anything helpful.

As I have had a gradual awakening of energy via the AYP program, and a confident understanding of the process and how I am progressing, I do share some my energy and purification experiences with my wife. She is not a yogini or spiritually inclined, but smiles and listens politely, and asks few questions. She sees and experiences the positive fruits of my practice, how I behave as a husband and father, and that is enough for her, I guess.

I agree with Dogboy.

I think it is important to get a grasp on it before opening up.

When my kundalini activated earlier this year, I immediately opened up to my partner about it. I didn't have a strong grasp on what was happening, so a lot of what I was saying was not well thought out. I was talking a lot of nonsense about what I *thought* was happening, and not what was actually happening.

That was my experience with opening up about it when it happened initially.

Best of luck
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2018 :  1:33:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In general I believe the average individual realizes that we carry tension within our bodies when we suppress emotions, experiences, traumas, etc, and that a meditation practice can loosen the grips of this suppression. When I talk about the benefits of meditation to laymen(women), I tell them that loosening these blockages allows the life energy within all of us to flow freer, and opens us to the possibilies of our better selves. Explaining it in this way seems to resonate with them rather than alarm them.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2018 :  7:41:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I would tell your spouse. My husband isn't into yoga, so I didn't. We have many issues and are separating. But I'd recommend you telling him everything, if ya want to stay married.
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2018 :  01:20:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cato, I see you posted this a few months ago...I think it depends on the nature of the person you are married to. I never used to share much about my Kundalini awakening with my husband when mine first awakened in 2006 - he just didn’t get it but since then he’s had some pretty profound spiritual experiences of his own- he’s actually (although he’s very quiet about it) a spiritual medium- he can communicate with people who have passed away and has experienced significant telepathy. So I do talk to him more about it but I still have found the forum to be the best place for me to share and be understood about Kundalini. I’ve found I’ve gotten the most support from those who can tangibly relate- and yes of course it’s a small population out there who can relate. Blessings to you! Chard
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2018 :  4:40:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would highly recommend that you start to share. Maybe start with what meditation is like as a start.

You never know what will happen. Maybe at first they are against it. Over time they may join you and start to experience things. As they do they will look for answers maybe in the same places you do. They will see how you shared so much of what was going on with you with strangers and not the person you love the most.

It will hurt and it will cause issues.

So yes share, baby steps.. but share.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000