Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Yoga if done late in the morning seems ineffective
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

FakeYogi

India
100 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2018 :  03:36:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Normally I start yoga by 6:30 am but in the weekends if I do it really late, like 9 am or later, it just feels wrong, and makes me feel angry (and for several hours later), especially the pranamaya and more so the Kumbhakas. Any one else have a similar experience, and if so how does one go out on Friday and Saturday nights?

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2018 :  07:22:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You have the option to skip that session or have a short session on such occasions.
Go to Top of Page

FakeYogi

India
100 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2018 :  2:50:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Are we allowed to skip sessions in AYP? I thought not.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2018 :  9:14:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi FY

Skipping a practice here or there will not set you back, especially if you have awakened ecstatic conductivity. The ideal is to have a consistant practice overall. It is better to have a shortened session than skipping it outright, especially if you are irritable, a possible sign of overload. The responsibilities in my life often derail practice times, so I do what I can, when I can, as best as I can, and trust that all the fruits of my prior practice, and access to ecstatic conductivity, will keep the progress going forth.

if you have to choose between sleep and practice, then choose sleep and practice when you are rested. Your anger could have more to do with what you consumed on those weekend nights rather than the later start time. You are in the driver's seat, and through trial and error, know when you need to back off, or even skip an occasional session if necessary, without beating yourself up over it. Easily favor practice as you do the mantra.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000