New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

AnotherYogi

Ireland
6 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2018 :  4:23:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Delfos,

Yes it sounds like we had similar symptoms. Sometime the spasms would be very intense and sometimes happened after I was finished sitting if I brought my attention to the blockage. When it first started happened it worried me a lot, but now I know it was just my body doing what it needed to release a blockage.

I found that running also made it worse afterwards and that hiking was very helpful. Also a gentle yoga asana class helps me also. For me I still have some automatic yoga but I have grown used to it and I just try to let them happen. They will pass and there is usually and nice feeling when they release.

Your body knows what it needs to do, you just need to sit and let it happen!

Go to Top of Page

Delfos

Brazil
32 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2018 :  9:13:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is it preferable for me to meditate before walking, or after?

AnotherYogi: Good to know that this will happen, but I want it to pass soon. This disrupts my performance in school and personal life.
Go to Top of Page

Delfos

Brazil
32 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2018 :  2:16:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a doubt. how will I become in the future making use of this meditation? Am I going to have the power of attention I had before? or will I involute at that point?

Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2018 :  5:32:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You will have better power of attention, metal focus, memory etc. than you had before. You need to find a steady routine and a good balance in daily life, and improvements will happen very gradually over the months and years.

Walking after meditation (after you've had the 10 minute rest of course) can help integrate the energy. But if it suits you better to have a walk before your meditation, that shouldn't be a problem. It is strenuous exercise that is not recommended right before sitting practices.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Aug 10 2018 01:39:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

Delfos

Brazil
32 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2018 :  5:49:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Will this really happen? because before the problems appeared I was exceptionally well. with an absolute mental power.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2018 :  01:39:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's hard to improve on the absolute.
What I can say is that people report improved mental abilities as a result of consistent meditation practice.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2018 :  06:08:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Delfos,

You are going through a process of transformation. At the end, you will find yourself at another level, in another state of equilibrium. It will be different than the one you had before all this started to happen. It took you time to get here, it took time to start getting spasms, so it is normal to take some time to get better. From time to time you might still have spasms, and this is normal. Things take time to change.

The fact that your attention is different shows that this transformation involves not only the body, but also the mind. You are changing like a caterpillar becoming a butterfly! Something to keep in mind: The AYP lessons are verified by the experience of hundreds of practitioners. Most of them go through this transformation without a lot of difficulties. You may want to read the lessons and learn the practices gradually, for a easier journey.

Best wishes.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2018 :  06:48:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Delfos,

You have received very good advice from others already.

Spasms are a symptom of kundalini that some people experience from time-to-time. As you mentioned, it often only happens when the attention becomes focussed, so avoiding this can prevent the spasms from happening, or can make them happen less.

Gradually, over time, the spasms will turn into a trembling sensation in the body and from there will turn into a light vibration. At some point they will become ecstatic and very pleasurable. The ecstasy will often be localised at first, but will gradually expand to include the whole body and will expand from there beyond the body. Other transformations will take place as well as the process unfolds.

Just to mention, the meditation technique that you described, where the attention is moved around the body, is not necessarily a safe one and people do often experience issues with it, such as the issue you are describing here. It could be advisable not to go back to that. There are much safer forms of meditation. In general, a full-scope yoga practice which incorporates all eight-limbs, is the safest and easiest path to follow.

Be patient with yourself and take the time needed to integrate what has happened in the past and move forwards from there.

It will be alright!

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Delfos

Brazil
32 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2018 :  7:40:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm having these tremors described by Christi. Only I have a doubt:
I was meditating, and suddenly my feet began to shake, spreading all over my leg. I at first stopped the mantra, and began to pay attention to my leg. But later the question came to me: should I stop or not with the mantra?
I mean, what am I supposed to do in this situation? Stop with the mantra and watch the movement, or ignore it and continue meditation?
Go to Top of Page

yo_gi

Germany
47 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2018 :  02:39:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Delfos

what am I supposed to do in this situation? Stop with the mantra and watch the movement, or ignore it and continue meditation?

https://www.aypsite.org/15.html

There you find the appropriate method how to deal with those kind of situations...

Here is an excerpt from this lesson:

*Sometimes physical discomfort can happen during meditation. This is usually a symptom of the release of obstructions in the nervous system. If it interferes with the easy process of meditation, then pause with the mantra and allow the attention to be drawn to the physical discomfort. Just be with it for a while. Usually, this will dissolve the discomfort naturally. Once it does, go back to the mantra and continue your meditation until your time is up. Count the time you spent with your attention on the physical discomfort as part of your meditation time. If the sensation does not dissolve, lie down for while, until the sensation subsides. It is a good thing. A big obstruction is going. Let it go easily, naturally. The same procedure applies if you are overcome with a barrage of overbearing thoughts, which may or may not be accompanied by physical sensations. If you can't easily go back to the mantra, just be with the thoughts until they dissipate enough so you can easily pick up the mantra again. Remember, meditation is not a fight with physical or mental activity we may have. These are all symptoms of the release of obstructions from deep in the nervous system. We just let them go. Our job is to follow the easy procedure of thinking the mantra and allowing the process of inner cleansing to happen. This is not a war on the level of the conscious mind. You can never win it that way. We are working from the inside, within and beyond the subconscious mind. In order to do this we must allow the natural ability of the mind to take us in. So learn to think the mantra easily, and let it go in.*

All the best
Go to Top of Page

Delfos

Brazil
32 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2018 :  8:00:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was walking and suddenly I started reciting the mantra automatically in my mind. I interrupted when I realized. What I did is correct? is not clearly the mantra, but one of the ways in which it appears in my meditation.

The ayp method is good for those who have adhd?

I always had a vision, from meditation as a way of developing intelligence, the ayp method helps at that point?
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2018 :  06:12:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We practice two times a day deep meditation. We never use the mantra outside the practice. You were correct to stop it.

Those who have the diagnose ADHD and can have the discipline to practice daily will for sure benefit, this is because AYP calms the mind.

AYP is a methode to purify the whole system. With daily practice we remove the veils of ignorance. All becomes available, All is in us. Love, Wisdom and many more qualities.

If we practice daily, in time we develop the quality to focus, one pointed concentration (dharana). One of the benefits of dharana is, you can study without the mind continuously running from here to there while you are trying to concentrate.

Go to Top of Page

Delfos

Brazil
32 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2018 :  1:19:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have I completed 1 month of meditation for 10 minutes? Can I do it for 15 minutes now?
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2018 :  3:27:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Delfos
Good to hear from you.

That's great. Have you been doing 10 minutes once a day or 10 minutes twice a day?
Go to Top of Page

Delfos

Brazil
32 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2018 :  6:15:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
10 minutes twice a day
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2018 :  01:48:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very good. You've got the regularity in your practice and 10 minutes in a good length session for somebody who has had sensitivity issues.

Tell us how you are feeling in day-to-day life. Have the spasms you mentioned before been bothering you in the last month?
Go to Top of Page

Delfos

Brazil
32 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2018 :  10:30:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, I'll continue meditating for 10 minutes.

The problem still continues, I can not pay attention due to spasms or altered breathing.

A silence has taken possession of me. A sense of emptiness rising inside my body. Things seem to be quieter, I feel it. Even once he had been trying to sleep in the bed and all this emptiness possessed me, I went into shock. But it only happened once, and I'm fine.

But what I am trying to do is relax and just continue with the meditation routine. I am confident that this will all improve one day and I will be able to pay attention without any adversity.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2018 :  10:40:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Delfos

If I understand correctly, these spasms are preventing you for getting on with your daily activities, whether it's study or work, right?

If that is the case, then the yoga routine you are currently on is not sustainable. The advice is to switch to a milder form of meditation. Instead of mantra meditation, you can try using the breath as your meditation object. The procedure is the same - easily favour the sensation of your breath. Have a look at Lesson 367 - Suggestions for Over-Sensitive Meditators

If this form of meditation is still too much and your symptoms do not subside, then you need to spend some time just grounding, and no practice. That time will not be lost. You will be integrating the energy that has been stimulated by you past practice.

Take care and all the best.

Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2018 :  03:56:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Delfos,

Besides all the advice that you have received, I´d like to mention that there is an exercise called skeletal shaking that you can use to ground yourself, which will improve the circulation of energy in your body, which you need to ease the automatic movements. Don´t supress the automatic movements (unless you are in a place you feel you need to supress them, but then find a place where you can let your body move).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRIbHhvY64s
Lifting heavy weight also helps to ground.

Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2018 :  3:44:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Will Power
Lifting heavy weight also helps to ground.

It might for some people. Does not happen here - intense physical exercise, including weight lifting will hyke up the prana, so I have to self-pace my fitness routine when I experience kundalini overload.
Go to Top of Page

Delfos

Brazil
32 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2018 :  7:24:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
the problem I was making is that I was very forcing attention, and it was making the energy focus on my head all the time. I stopped it, went back to doing the meditation and everthing is right.
One thing that has happened to me now is that I feel a slight pain in the top of my head, sometimes it even gets worse. And I also have thoughts that make me scream, they are not bad thoughts, but they are thoughts in which I find myself in embarrassing situations. When I have them, I feel like screaming. Before, in the beginning, I had them and spoke mentally "NO". It has evolved and now I feel like screaming. I notice also that meche with my energy from the top of the head.
But that's it. I think I'm on the right track now. The error, which was giving the spasms, is that I was forcing my attention, and consequently forcing energy.
Go to Top of Page

AnotherYogi

Ireland
6 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2018 :  05:38:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Delos,

I have been dealing with thoughts relating to embarrassing things also for the last few months. I feel to urge to shout out as well as well as thinking negative thoughts about myself "I'm so stupid" etc.

I believe that the practice brings up these unpleasant thoughts and feelings for a reason, so that we can develop a new and better relationship to parts of ourselves we do not want to feel. So I try be compassionate towards myself when I have these memories and thoughts and not to push them away. This is very hard thing to do! We can't only welcome the pleasant thoughts, feelings and sensations. When I have the urge to shout out or run away from these thoughts I remind myself its OK, I even say in my head "It's ok " and try to breath thought the unpleasantness.

With time it gets easier. Best of luck
Go to Top of Page

Delfos

Brazil
32 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2019 :  6:49:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
coming back here for more questions haha .
says that masturbation and sex life is important to appease kundalini energy, but how long can I stay without masturbating? should I masturbate daily, weekly, monthly ... how long?
thank you for the attention
Go to Top of Page

Delfos

Brazil
32 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2019 :  10:19:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
someone to answer me?
I'm divided. Science says that it is not good masturbation, and here it says that without marturbation or sex can worsen the state of kundalini.
Just wanted an average time anyway.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2019 :  12:25:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Delphos

Having sex to ejacultaion should ease strong kundalini symptoms, just be cautious, having extended relations amps this energy up. Daily? Weekly? Monthly? Ask ten men, get ten answers. This decision should be based on your experience and libido. Here's a few of the free tantra lessons here on AYP, you might consider reading them all.

https://www.aypsite.org/T18.html

https://www.aypsite.org/T9.html

https://www.aypsite.org/T15.html

Edited by - Dogboy on Feb 13 2019 12:30:17 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000