AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 accidental kundalini type of incident during sleep
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2018 :  9:20:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi dear AYP friends, I would love to hear your opinions and guidance on this experience I'm going to share with you today. I also filled the provided questionnaire down below if you'd need more information.

As written below, my spiritual practices usually take place in the daytime, but it has always been the night time when my spontaneous experiences take place, mostly while sleeping.

The experience I had a few days ago was in another night of sleeping. I saw myself sitting in the lotus position and suddenly I felt a huge whirlwind entering my body. Before trying to understand what it is, it started to divide into two and cycle inside my torso which I felt was completely empty.

I was told by my inner voice not to be scared. But I said it's too strong and I can't control it. The whirlwind rocked me out from the inside to a few meters back and it stopped.

When I went back to my lotus position, it started all over again trying to move upwards. That's when I got really scared and I went completely out of the meditative state, which also led me to wake up from my sleep.

So I was wondering what should I do now, or how to proceed. Should I keep stopping or pausing this energy (because obviously I'm not ready to handle it properly)? Should I forget about it? Should I work on it?

Thank you very much in advance, and here is the questionnaire:

1. What are your symptoms and how long have you had them? Are your symptoms primarily physical, psychological, or both?

Since last year. My symptoms began with extreme lower abdominal pain, followed by intestinal disorders. I went to 3 different doctors, got tons of tests, blood, allergies, ultrasound etc. They couldn't find anything.

The symptoms were accompanied by extreme random tingling under the feet, the belly, solar plexus, spine, arms, hands, crown of the head and ears.

6 months ago I began taking acupuncture and neural therapy which eased and then ended the lower abdominal pain, but increased the tingling sensation.

2. Are your symptoms ongoing, or intermittent? If intermittent, when are they most likely to occur -- during what kind of activity and/or time of the day? Is your sleep affected?

I gave up spiritual practice for a couple months, it kept going. When I went back to practice they almost completely disappeared and then reappeared after the experience described above.

They used to appear before spiritual practices (daytime) and also at nighttime.

3. Do you consider your situation with kundalini to be the result of spiritual practices, or do you regard it to be spontaneous?

I'm not sure, maybe both? To be honest I wasn't really expecting the kundalini type of experience happening to me.

4. What sort of spiritual practices have you been engaged in, if any? How long? How often? Are you aware that excessive spiritual practice can aggravate kundalini, often with a delayed reaction?

Hatha/Ashtanga for 11 years, kundalini yoga on/off in between, pranayama and breath of fire on/off in between but now on a daily basis since the last few months.

5. Do you consider yourself to be “sensitive” to spiritual practices? If so, with what practices, and what sort of measures have you taken to accommodate your sensitivity?
Yes.
I have clairvoyance in the form of dreams since childhood and coming from a spiritual lineage (both mother and father families).
Always yoga and meditation, that's been my primary accommodation for any kind of sensitivity.

6. Do you think drugs have contributed to your kundalini situation?
No.

7. Have you experienced traumatic events in your life that may have a bearing on your current symptoms?
Yes I had some of those events, but I believe I have processed them intensely and let them go a long time ago. Hence, no, I don't think they're related.

8. Is your sexual lifestyle affecting your symptoms? Are you aware that obsessively limiting sexual release can increase kundalini energy and symptoms?

Since the symptoms have begun there was a decrease in my libido, however since the last 4-5 months it's moving between two extremes either too much or too low.

9. What is your general diet? Are you aware that a lighter diet can stimulate kundalini?

I had acid reflux and type 1 diabetes, and hashimoto's, which are all under control now but because of these I'm on a lighter diet since the last 5-6 years.

10. Do you engage in moderate exercise regularly, like walking, yard work, etc? Are you aware that regular exercise can help stabilize ("ground") kundalini symptoms?

I don't walk that much, but I do exercise (pilates) on a daily basis.

11. Are you a highly devotional person? Are you aware that excessive devotional activity, satsang or spiritual study can aggravate an active kundalini?

Yes, but I'm not sure if I'm aware of that. Activating my kundalini per se was never my goal when I began spiritual practices. It was more about awareness, peacefulness, resolution etc. which seems quite ironic when I'm saying this after learning more about what kundalini is :)

12. Are you engaged in ordinary daily activities like a job, school, family, parenting, social activity, service to others? Are you aware that such activities, undertaken without spiritual intention or expectations, can help ground excessive kundalini energies?

I'm an artist, but because of my workload I'm working in almost isolation since the last 7 years.

13. Have you been examined and treated by a medical doctor or mental health professional for your symptoms in the past? If so, what was the result?

Yes. They couldn't find anything biological related to my symptoms.

14. Are there other factors and/or measures you are taking in relation to your situation that are not covered above?

Nothing else comes into my mind?

15. Optional: What is your approximate age (teen, 20s, 30s, 40s, etc.)? What is your gender? We ask because the manifestation of kundalini symptoms can be affected by these factors.

Female, mid 30s.

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2018 :  07:56:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi 26636,

Welcome to AYP

Thank you for sharing! The awakening proces is a sign that you are ready for it, after 11 years of yoga it is normal, but if we look around at most yogaclasses nobody is talking about this. The energy is not a problem, it is the resistance we have and the fear to loose control, because we are not used to this powerful force. The tingling is prana, cruising through the nadis, opening up. In fact if you have some more knowledge you might enjoy the energy, it is you in the most powerful way.

quote:
So I was wondering what should I do now, or how to proceed. Should I keep stopping or pausing this energy (because obviously I'm not ready to handle it properly)? Should I forget about it? Should I work on it?

If you start reading the lessons of Yogani you will receive many insights in the evolutionary proces of awakening. Grounding, like taking long walks will help you to balance the energy. If you are more confident with your experiences you can take up practice again. Practice in balanced way, develop inner silence with meditation. You can always ask questions here if you started reading the lessons in advanced yoga practices.

Wishing you a smooth and beautiful journey
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2018 :  09:56:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello 26636

I will join Charliedog in her advice that you read through the AYP lessons.
You know some things about yoga practice, but some important pieces of knowledge you may be missing. For instance have you been getting the balance right between pranayama and meditation? If your practice has too much of the former and not enough of the latter, you will be more prone to energy imbalances and unpleasant symptoms.

If you are feeling uncomfortable, you need to either reduce or stop practices. And spend more time in grounding activities like walking and socializing till the discomfort subsides.

All the best
Go to Top of Page

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2018 :  7:18:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you dear friends for your precious insights. I am happy to be here and share with you. And yes, I began reading of the material in the lectures, it's truly fascinating.

@Charliedog, absolutely, the fear to lose control concerns me a bit. but looking back, I was also particularly worried about going after the so-called "point of no return", or what will happen to my sense of reality in the corporeal world and finding balance between intensified spirituality and my daily life. or questions like "what if i do something wrong (like applying a wrong technique or harming myself) by not properly handling it when dealing with that amount of power?" i remember from long time ago, reading the counter-effects when the kundalini is not awakened properly, and this i assume might have lead me to "snapping out of it" when i had that strong whirlwind. In that experience I think I wasn't confident enough to handle it properly, even though my inner voice repeatedly told me not to be scared.

@Blueraincoat, I stopped practices for a while a few months ago, but I felt an intense call back to meditation and yoga. I will definitely go on with the lessons to strengthen my fundamental knowledge about the practice. For now, all I can say is that I've always practiced intuitively, by listening to my inner voice and always try to keep a proportion, ie 2 min spinal breathing + 5 min pranayama + 20-40 min yoga+ 15 min savasana or 10 min savasana+ 15-30 min deep meditation. Or other days like 2 min spinal breathing+5 min fire breath + 20 min yoga + 15 min pilates + 30 min savasana or deep meditation. Maybe I should follow a more strict plan, but then how should I follow my intuition?

And interestingly my symptoms regulated after going back (the acupuncture I received might have helped as well) So the uncomfortable sensation is not a problem anymore. And actually after this final experience I've written in the initial post, the only symptom left is the occasional tingling coming and going (which is so much lighter now), and even though that "whirlwind" didn't rise above my upper torso (I went out of the meditative state before it reached the last 3 chakras), I'm feeling more blissful than ever, this is the first time this feeling has become a true part of me, like a tattoo or a permanent trace, and not something coming/going.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000