Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Spinal Breathing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2018 :  8:21:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I didn't know where to put this. I found a tube inside of the spinal nerve. It goes to the hairline or the crown, not near the eyebrows. If I go into this tube, my allergies clear up for a while , my bum shoulder stops hurting, my meditation is smoother, and I have more energy to complete the day.

I can't see it; I can feel it.

Edited by - lalow33 on Jul 02 2018 8:24:25 PM

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2018 :  12:28:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A siddi highway!
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2018 :  02:45:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Enjoy
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2018 :  07:15:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Now watch out for the signs, the exit sign, and the tube that curves towards the brow
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4370 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2018 :  09:00:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow,

This tube is called the "brahma nadi" which means the "Divine river" in Sanskrit. It passes up through the crown and through the "Brahmarundra" which means the "Gateway to God". The Brahmarundra lies a short distance above the crown. This tube is mentioned by Yogani in lesson 199:

"Let's talk about the dynamics of the crown in relation to the rest of the nervous system. In the recent lesson on mantra design, it was mentioned that the sushumna has a fork in it in the middle of the head. One fork goes forward to the point between the eyebrows, and the other one goes up into the center of the crown. In spinal breathing we take the front fork with our attention and traverse the spinal nerve repeatedly with our breath, going between the root and the point between the eyebrows. In doing so, we are cultivating and purifying the spinal nerve along that route. The result is a radiation of purifying life force (prana) going out in all directions in the nervous system from the spinal nerve.

This radiation of energy from the spinal nerve also goes up the other fork to the crown. We don't even think about it. We don't put attention on the crown. Never the less, spinal breathing between the brow and the root purifies the crown in this way, just as it purifies all the rest of the nervous system. " [Yogani]

The recommendation in AYP is to continue your Spinal Breathing between the root and the brow, regardless of what sensations or energetic experiences you may feel if you go up through the brahma nadi instead.

If you are drawn to work at the crown, then follow the procedure in lesson 199 for working at the crown chakra. It involves "testing" by placing your attention at the crown for short periods after your last sitting practice is finished and before rest.

In this way you will maintain a smooth and safe journey of awakening, even whilst being able to directly open the crown. The preliminary requirements for being able to work at the crown are the same as those for being able to use targeted spinal bastrika and are given in lesson 198.

Enjoy.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2018 :  09:17:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2018 :  7:34:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Christi,

This tube also goes to the hairline. That's where I go. It's more energy balancing for me. I know that's not what is recommended ( hence posting it in other systems forum).

The experience isn't the most awesomest experience. It's just easy. Seems normal. It's very light.

So, my awareness goes there. If I try to go to towards the brow, well it doesn't go there, so it's a big headache( literally). I can't even meditate afterwards.

I'm going to just go with it. I'm not afraid.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4370 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2018 :  11:34:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow,

No problem with going to the hairline, if that is where you are naturally taken in Spinal Breathing. It is a natural development of the process which occurs as the ajna chakra begins to merge with the crown in the higher stages of practice.

My cautions above were only about going directly to the crown.

See lesson 287, Question 2:

https://www.aypsite.org/287.html

best wishes,

Christi

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000