Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 One pointed concentration during awakening
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Freerange

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2018 :  3:38:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,
I am several weeks into a kundalini awakening and have a question about one pointed concentration. I have found conflicting messages online about whether one pointed concentration during a kundalini awakening is a good idea. I usually meditate focusing on the third eye (which draws kundalini up). Any thoughts on benefits or dangers? I am currently experiencing some dramatic stuff but am not overloaded.
Many thanks
Ross

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2018 :  5:32:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello again Ross
quote:
Originally posted by Freerange
I have found conflicting messages online about whether one pointed concentration during a kundalini awakening is a good idea. I

The answer to this question will vary from one system of practice to another. An AYPer will give you one answer, a Buddhist a different answer, etc. That is because there are fundamental differences between the meditation methods used.

Every practice system has it own internal logic, so it is really best to have this question answered by somebody who is more advanced than you in the method by which you are practising.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Jun 28 2018 5:43:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2018 :  11:39:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here we recommend not to worry too much and to just practise.
Go to Top of Page

albechan

Italy
28 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2018 :  02:19:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Freerange,
As already pointed out, each system of practice has its own answers to your question and AYP more specifically suggests to consider this sort of experiences just as scenery along the path and to keep focusing on practice without much thought.
Nevertheless, as you mention you focus on the third eye during meditation, I assume you don't follow the AYP stance on the matter as in AYP deep meditation the only object to gently concentrate on is the mantra.
In my very recent experience, it seems to me that the first mantra enhancement (lesson 116) works great to add stability to the energy outbursts as it lowers the barycenter of the inner silence perceived at the base of my skull. It feels like the playground of energy gets more defined so that the ecstatic roaming acts more disciplined and less apt to cause havoc. I'm not sure if this makes sense to you.
In any case, jumping to any mantra enhancement without starting from the fundamental practice of deep meditation is probably not the best idea.
So it is suggested, if interested in what AYP has to offer, to start meditating with the I AM mantra and see for yourself where it leads from there.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2018 :  9:59:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ross

At this stage, better the third eye than the crown. The third eye is where the shushumna goes beyond the body, and over time, as enlightenment unfolds, this point shifts to the crown

In AYP we trace the shusumna with breath and attention between the root (exhale) and the third eye (inhale). During meditation we favor the mantra rather than the third eye, although it is hard to ignore the third eye when in automatic sambhavi mudra. By favoring the mantra, we are not micromanaging the process, we allow the process to unfold as it should, all we need to do is be disciplined and present.

If you have experienced an automatic awakening and are not meditating, focusing too much on the third eye might not be a good idea if your neurobiology is not prepared for high energy states, which meditation practice can do for you over the long run. Meditation not only opens nadis so prana flows freely, it opens you to the omnipresent silence within the prana, and your experience of this balance when you are ripe enough to appreciate this state is what will sustain a stable practice. At this point, introducing gentle attention on the solar center is also very stablizing.
Go to Top of Page

yo_gi

Germany
47 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2018 :  01:48:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey freerange

I think any form of meditation can be considered as a one pointed practice as it involves concentration/favoring with attention on an object - the different styles of meditation are therefore only related to which object you choose. In your case its the 3rd eye (was mine too before ayp). Passive awareness practices (non-one-pointed) imo should be done with the witness present and therefore applied further down the road and although its often proclaimed to be a beginners practice - i regard it as a self inquiry method (just how I see it). So the advice not to do a one pointed practice imo is the advice not to meditate at all. You could simply decrease the duration (even down to 0 for a while if necessary) of your meditation practice if you feel the need to regulate due to energetic experiences.
You could also switch to ayp but the regulation methods would remain the same.

Edit: i didn't ask if you are doing any other practices besides meditation - that are maybe more energy related. If this is the case it makes more sense to cut down duration of them first of course.

Edited by - yo_gi on Jun 30 2018 02:36:23 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000