Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Greetings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

docshibby

USA
11 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2018 :  2:34:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been lurking on the site for at least a few months and wanted to say hello. I wrote a rather long introduction about myself that got erased, which I will take as sign to not be so longwinded. Here's the short version:

I love yoga. Over the last ten years: Bikram -> Kundalini as taught by Yogi Bhajan -> Sutras of Patanjali -> SwamiJ.com -> Ayp.

Interestingly enough, the AYP has recently reinvigorated my Bikram practice. Everything is indeed circular.

Anecdotally, three years ago before I had heard of AYP, a friend recommended that my wife, then fiance, and I do a 40 day I AM meditation "challenge" leading up to our wedding. I took it as a good sign when I started reading through the AYP lessons and discovered that the AYAM mantra is part of the core practice

I want to thank Yogani and all the participants in the forums. I have read through many a topic in the forums and most of the key lessons and it has all been very informative and enjoyable. I am most impressed by the organization of the information. Thank you all and I look forward to continuing my practice and participating.

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2018 :  4:09:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome docshibby!

Tell more about your 40 day challenge!
Go to Top of Page

yo_gi

Germany
47 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2018 :  5:09:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2018 :  7:59:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2018 :  11:35:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2018 :  02:20:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to AYP forums docshibby
Go to Top of Page

docshibby

USA
11 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2018 :  09:12:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

Welcome docshibby!

Tell more about your 40 day challenge!

It was a fairly straightforward challenge: to meditate everyday together for 40 days leading up to and including the day of our wedding. Here's a link to it. https://www.3ho.org/meditation-being-i-am-i-am

I share the link even though I'm a little ambivalent about 3HO and Yogi Bhajan in general. Doing the meditation was great experience though.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2018 :  9:11:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome!
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2018 :  12:16:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Docshibby! This is an excellent community of like minded ones where you can find great support! Chard
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000