Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Mantra Enhancement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fmyoga

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2018 :  5:26:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I´m using a mantra from a TM list since december 2017, when I first started meditating. I´m not sure when it´s the right time to incorporate the mantra enhancements from ayp and if I could do the enhancement with my TM mantra.

FM

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2018 :  10:26:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are reminded not to mix 2 methods which could hurt you. Enhancements in TM mantra should be asked in their forum. Once you switch to the AYP method/mantra, we can be of help.
Go to Top of Page

fmyoga

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2018 :  04:36:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I#180;m just using a TM Mantra with the Deep Meditation method. So would it be a good advice for me to change to the AYAM mantra?
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2018 :  10:58:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi fm,

I almost asked about mantra enhancements. I'm using the slower mantra enhancements( alternative enhancements).

I thought it was 6-12 months with a mantra, but I'm not sure.

You are on 4 months with a mantra. You might want to stick with it a bit longer.

Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2018 :  12:57:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by fmyoga
would it be a good advice for me to change to the AYAM mantra?

As Jusmail pointed out, you need to decide which system you want to practice in the long run. I understand there are no mantra enhancements in TM, so if TM is your practice, you stick with the mantra you have been given.

If you decide to practice AYP deep meditation, you start with AYAM. Let it bed in for at least a few months. Then, if you feel it's appropriate, you can try the first mantra enhancement.
Go to Top of Page

fmyoga

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2018 :  04:44:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I did never practiced TM. I just used the mantra Shirin from their list when I started. But since yesterday I just switched to the DM mantra, and it worked quite well nearly as good as with my old mantra. So I will stick with it now and think about doing the first enhancement in about 6 months, would that be a good idea?
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2018 :  06:07:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, that's a good idea.
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2018 :  11:52:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
6 months to a year or more, no worries. It is after all a lifelong journey with no end point.
Go to Top of Page

Emil

Australia
141 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2018 :  1:12:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Fmyoga,
Just to give you some side information, in TM they get mantra enhancements every two months now. Previously it was every 1.5 years. But the steps are smaller there. Their first enhancement only adds Namah and the second one adds Shree. So they get to "Shree I am Namah" in two steps rather than one.

Also the instruction for DM and TM is the same. Yogani puts a lot of emphasis on you having the freedom to decide what's best for you individually and teaches you what to look for when making decisions and what to do when things go wrong but Maharishi's system is more traditional as in Everybody does the same practice and the instructors/ teachers make the decisions.
Go to Top of Page

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2018 :  12:42:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I started ™ in 1971 or 1972, practiced it well for about three years, then set it aside until about 6 years ago. I looked for a new type of meditation that was free to start (™ has a paid initiation process), and decided on DM. I began again with DM using our mantra, and have had pretty good meditation experience since then. At one point I decided to try going back to the ™ mantra that I was initiated with (no enhancements). I never really succeeded in supplanting the DM mantra, so I decided to stop trying to do it.

There is a residual occurrence: Sometimes if I start a session impulsively the ™ mantra starts up. I then treat it as a "thought" or "scenery" and change calmly to the DM mantra and go on from there. My sittings continue to be satisfying and to enhance my life activities, so I feel no harm was done.

But in general the experience did not add any benefit. I would recommend not to switch back and forth between mantras. In my experience it is not worth the additional effort. Put your emphasis into DM meditation, pranayama, and asana practices. And whatever else people like Sey and Christi think would be good and safe.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000