Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Lessons from Nature
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2018 :  12:32:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Doves are a symbol of peace. There are usually a couple hanging out. They are so passive until a baby and a snake comes out to eat it (which I have witnessed). The dove makes himself(yes, it's a him) large, wings up to high point and attacks the snake. Duality in a magnificent form.
I'd like to say that the parents saved the baby, but they didn't. I made my hubby chase off the snake, which he did. The baby dove lived at least another day, and the snake didn't bite my kids.

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2018 :  1:07:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2018 :  8:11:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wildness.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2018 :  02:31:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a strange affinity with birds. I can get them to trust me enough to climb onto my hands. I experienced an extraordinary miracle about a year ago involving a dove. My house have these large glass windows and unfortunately birds fly into them now and again - at times fatally. So this dove flew into a window and broke its neck. I saw it happen so I rushed outside, picked it up and sat on the porch, gently cradling and caressing and apologizing to it,trying to ease its passing but at the same time sending out, samyama style, the intention that may it live. Within a few minutes, it grew lighter and lighter in my hands as if it had no mass just empty space. Then it sat up, healed! I wept at this extraordinary blessing.

Sey

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2018 :  07:15:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
St. Francis of Seychelles.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2018 :  07:49:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2018 :  10:53:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is so sweet, Sey.

When I was young, my older sister and I used to bring injured birds in the house. I have no idea why our parents would let us, but they did. We would bring them earthworms and give them water in a bowl. Some of them made a recovery.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2018 :  4:32:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
While I was saying how much I loved birds, I left my house and my neighbor's chickens destroyed my garden. I'm not too happy. I guess I don't love birds that much or my neighbors.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2018 :  01:37:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Sey
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 14 2018 :  1:15:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Continuation....

The snake (I'm not sure, but probably) from the first story is in this story. From last summer?

So, Saturday night I go outside. I get the danger vibrations, my mind says that there is a snake near. Next day, there is a 6 foot snake on the walk way to our house. It left, forgot about it then going out to our little patio that's away from the house, and it's there. Forget about it again, and gonna garden, well, it's right by my garden, and it dies.

I apologize to the snake for wishing it ill will. When, I go to hookup my house to water my garden, guess who peers out over the ledge? A baby snake. Same kind. It looked happy; it let me get close to it.
Go to Top of Page

Herb

Canada
111 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2018 :  12:21:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I went stream fishing by myself a few years ago against my wife’s wishes(she would not go with me but wanted me to stay home with her). I had planned to stay out for several days, but on the very first day I injured my back and was pretty upset by it. As I walked back to my car, which was about a mile or more away, I started praying and asked God what He wanted me to do. To my amazement two huge heron’s swooped past me and landed on a hill just above where I was headed. As I got close to them they didn’t move away and were the largest and most amazing looking birds.

I love nature and, when I got close to them I stopped and watched them intently. The male bird was keeping a close eye on me while the female was picking what may have been insects off the low lying bushes they were walking through. As I watched this I was struck with how loving and protective he was towards his wife while I had basically abandoned mine, haha. My inner Spirit was telling me that I should be loving and protecting my wife instead of selfishly pleasing myself!

I went strait back to my car and drove the two or so hours home. When I got home my wife was surprized to see me home on the first day of a several day fishing trip. But when I told her what had happened she told me that she had been praying to God to help me become less selfish and pay more attention to her.

I see God as the Creator and nature as His creation. While in nature I often fall into prayer and reverie. I honestly find that simply walking in nature can be one of the most spiritual of all experiences.

Herb
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2018 :  10:24:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Herb, I love Herons! I had a house with a creek. There was a Heron there most days.
I'm with you about the nature part. I feel ill if I can't see the stars or the moon, or a cloud. Lol
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000