Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Easy Lessons + Enlightenment Series
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fmyoga

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2018 :  08:47:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

I got all books of the Enlightment series (only retrests missing, is it worth it if someone does not want to set up retreats?)

I´m thinking about buying the both "Easy Lessons" books aswell. Is that worth it or is everything covered in the Enlightment Series?

Fabio

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2018 :  12:40:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know. I have 4 of the books from the Enlightenment Series. I don't know if the series covers everything.

I do have both Lessons books. I'd recommend getting the physical books instead of digital.

My favorite book is the Forum book. That needs to be bought digitally.

Edited by - lalow33 on Feb 27 2018 1:00:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4375 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2018 :  1:08:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Fabio,

If you are not planning to run retreats, much of the material in the retreats book would not be useful to you. However, if you ever plan to spend a weekend at home, completely focussing on your practices, then that book would be useful. During times when we are not working and wish to devote ourselves to spiritual practice, we can increase sittings to 3, or even 4 times a day. The retreats book gives details on how to do this in a structured way. It is certainly not as easy as it sounds.

There is some material in the Easy Lessons books which is not in the Enlightenment Series books. Also, the lessons are presented in the order which the practices are taken on, so it can give a clearer overview. The order of practices is discussed in the "Eight Limbs of Yoga" book, but it can be easier to follow, when it is layed out in order in the lessons.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

fmyoga

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2018 :  06:28:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your opinions! I think I would like to do a retreat at home at some time on a free Weekend, so I will get this aswell to complete my collection.

Still not to sure about the Easy Lessons. So lessons are presented in order of the progress of Practices? So Starting with Deep Meditation and than going on in order with additonal practices that will be added to the routine?

Fabio
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4375 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2018 :  08:51:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Fabio,

The "Easy Lessons for Ecstatic Living" books, are the main and tantra lessons that are available on this website, shown here.

Volume One contains main lessons 1- 238 and tantra lessons 1- 36. Volume two contains main lessons 239- 430 and tantra lessons 37- 80.

AYP Plus contains all of the books we have been discussing in read-only mode, plus hundreds of lesson additions that are not in the books and all of the lessons in audio-mode.

Christi

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000