AYPsite.org Forum
 Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Christmas quotes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2017 :  1:14:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Merry Christmas to my spiritual family! May your heart be filled with warmth and joy today and always. My gift I share today is from my heart- spiritual quotes I wrote during Christmas Eve church service (as onlookers gave me dirty looks for having the audacity to scribble notes during church service!)

“The spiritual life is not merely a solemn Sunday morning polite undertaking but a moment by moment experience of ecstatic bliss pulsing through our bodies.”

“Church was never meant to be a passive and vacant Sunday morning ritual of manners and etiquette, but a wild, messy, unapologetic and agonizing tearing off of the layers of thy Self in order to reveal the temple buried within our own bodies.”

“Through the practice of meditation, we no longer breathe air on the stained glass window peering into the church, but we awaken to the direct and undeniable experience that we are Christ; and just as he jumped up on the cross, we too, must lay down our own lives in surrender in order to enter the Kingdom of God.”

Thank you all for partaking in my own journey this year! Much loveC

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2017 :  1:28:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2017 :  7:15:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice quotes Chard
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2017 :  02:53:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2017 :  07:22:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing, Chard.

"If one is whole, one will be filled with light; if one is divided, one will be filled with darkness." (Gospel of Thomas)

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2017 :  10:24:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000