Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 cold at the crown
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

capucine

France
66 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2017 :  03:11:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
During last night, I felt some light pain/electricity rise up from kidney to crown, finished in a purple light flash at third eye. After I slept again. Since this morning, I feel something at the crown and the top of the head, difficult to describe: slight sensation of cold and electricity, and I have the same in the lower back area. It is normal and just a scenery ? it is an overload ?

I added siddhasana 6 weeks ago. I notice the effects are very related to my hormone cycle (estrogens) : very sensitive before ovulation, incredible at ovulation/estrogen peak, hardly none after ovulation.
Yesterday was my first menstruation day, and I don’t practice siddhasana and asanas during my menstruations, I’m too tired and I don’t really know if it’s wise and safe.

I wonder if I have to do siddhasana every day (even during menstruation), to rise up energy all the time and avoiding the issue I had last night (if it is an issue…) or I have to stop it for a while ?

I practice SB (with mulabandha and sambhavi) 3-5 min and DM 15-20 min morning and evening. Siddhasana only the morning. Samyama time to time.

Thank you for advices.

Christi

United Kingdom
4365 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2017 :  06:33:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Capucine,

It is natural for the crown to begin to open at some stage during the process of awakening. It would only be considered to be energetic overload if it is accompanied by sensations that are painful or uncomfortable. If that is happening, then self pace accordingly. If it is not painful or uncomfortable then it can simply be considered to be part of the energetic scenery associated with awakening.

See here:

Lesson 199 - Managing the Opening of the Crown

and here

Lesson 287 - Crown Strategy and Kundalini

With regards to your cycle, it is up to you as to which practices you use when. There is nothing dangerous about practicing asana or siddhasana during menstruation. However some women do prefer to have a lighter practice during menstruation. So it is a case of being sensitive to the energies in your body and acting accordingly.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2017 :  10:15:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear capucine, it seems similar to what I described in another thread:

quote:

Other times, however, the dormant energy appeared near the second chakra, but not in Sushumna in the spine, but more like in the center of the body (Medha Nadi). This felt very different than with energy in Sushumna, it was more electric and slightly painful (but tolerable). I placed my awareness in the next higher chakra, and the energy got pulled towards my awareness. I kept doing that until I reached the 6th chakra. At that moment the energy was radiating towards the jaw, probably reaching Saraswati Nadi and it was more painful there. So I, making a mistake, decided to carry it towards the first chakra. When it reached there, the electricity-like energy radiated towards the leg and it was unconfortable, so I decided to bring it up again, but when it reached again the second or third chakra it became dormant again.

I write about this so that people can learn from my mistake. It was explained to my by an advanced Yoga practitioner that I should have carried the energy that had awakened, chakra by chakra, towards the point 6 inches above the crown, or if I feared that, towards the heart center. At another time when this happened, certainly when it left the body through the crown, I stopped feeling any disconfort. I was explained that when one enters Sushumuna (the road to liberation) there is no "dirt" and therefore is not painful, and it is easier to enter Sushumna than unblocking Medha Nadi, which is full of dirt, but unblocking it is a high yogic achievement. Medha Nadi is a channel particularly opened in realized advaitins and is linked by Self Realization in the heart, facilitated in AYP by Chin Pump/Thokar.

If it is too unconfortable, you may stop mulabandha for a while.

Go to Top of Page

capucine

France
66 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2017 :  03:02:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi, thank you. Lessons 199 and 287 helps me a lot to understand the whole process. I read awful things about crown that’s why I was afraid if I’d have sensations here.

The sensations are not painful or uncomfortable at all. It’s just “here”, like a slight touched. And I feel very peaceful and happy. So I consider it like an energetic scenery and continue my daily practices.

Will Power, it’s kind. I prefer to stay on the safe and marked AYP path and not focus on chakras.

Wish you happy Chritmas time. Peace joy and love.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis1

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2018 :  1:33:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I found the crown not ready until I pushed through the cotton/fuzziness from the back to the front of head. Then flows were ready. Sequence is important.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000