Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Issues which I face while doing Pranayam.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vitaminvsquare

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2017 :  10:00:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear All,

I have been working on my new habit of Pranayama from last 1 week and I do this process around 25-30 min/daily in the morning. However, I am feeling some issues while and after I do this process.

Issues:

1. After doing Pranayam one of my foot sleeps and it makes me very uncomfortable to even move; to increase the blood circulation in that feet I have to rub it and wait for 3-4 minutes so that it starts moving.
1.1 Why this happen?
1.2 Is this problem very common while doing this process or I am alone here?
1.3 Is there any solution so that my feet do not sleep after this?

2. While doing pranayama my mind gets distracted easily and I am unable to concentrate on my breaths and when I noticed it that I am distracted I start doing pranayama fastly so that my mind start concentrating on In and Out breaths.
2.1 How can I control my mind so that it doesn't distract? Do you have any solution to get rid of from this problem?

3. The whole day I get an urge to do kapalbhati, I mean, I feel to take the pleasure which we get after doing kapalbhati and I do it when I feel that urge but for 4-5 seconds only as some time I am in my office.
3.1 Is it normal with those folks who do pranayama daily or I am building a bad habit?

Hope you understand my issues and help me to resolve the same. I know in this forum there are many experienced yogis who can help me.

Edited by - AYPforum on Oct 14 2017 10:59:34 AM

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2017 :  04:23:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi vitaminvsquare

What form of pranayama are you practicing? It doesn't sound like AYP, or you would not have started with more than 10 minutes twice a day.

Do you practice a form of meditation? The AYP system recommends that practitioners establish a meditation practice first. When you are stable in your twice daily mediation routine, pranayama can be introduced, giving due attention to self pacing.

When we know a bit more about your practice, we will be in a better position to answer your questions. If you are not practicing AYP (which is the yoga system described in the lessons on this website), then it might be best to get advice from people who teach - or are experienced in - the system you do practice.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2017 :  10:59:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

vitaminvsquare

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2017 :  8:52:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

Hi vitaminvsquare

What form of pranayama are you practicing? It doesn't sound like AYP, or you would not have started with more than 10 minutes twice a day.

Do you practice a form of meditation? The AYP system recommends that practitioners establish a meditation practice first. When you are stable in your twice daily mediation routine, pranayama can be introduced, giving due attention to self pacing.

When we know a bit more about your practice, we will be in a better position to answer your questions. If you are not practicing AYP (which is the yoga system described in the lessons on this website), then it might be best to get advice from people who teach - or are experienced in - the system you do practice.

Yes, I am not following AYP protocol to do pranayama. I am doing 3 breathing exercises as I already mentioned.
I will find the AYP system and try to do this process as per lessons.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2017 :  03:41:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi vitaminvsquare
quote:
Originally posted by vitaminvsquare
I will find the AYP system and try to do this process as per lessons.

That is easy. There is a Start Lessons Here link on the left on this screen.

Let us know how you get on. And of course come back with any questions. This forum is mainly for offering support to AYP practitioners. You will find many people here ready to help.

All the best
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000