Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Heat during yoni mudra kumbhaka
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

capucine

France
66 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2017 :  10:37:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everybody, first, I’m not English native, so some words could sound awkward.

I seriously started a daily mediation 9 months ago. 7 months ago, during a meditation I felt like a heat bubble going up from the root to the eyes, with an intense bliss feeling without fears, heartbeats and breathing increased, the closed eyes moved furiously and I sweat very profusely.

It was very unexpected. At this time I knew absolutely nothing about yoga, kundalini, energy… After internet research, I discovered very partially these subjects and the Mantak Chia’s method of microcosmic orbit to solve my problem. It helped me to understand a little and to move this “heat bubble” that sometimes appeared during meditation on chakra 2 or near navel until it disappeared totally, with practice and time.

One month ago, I discovered this wonderful aypsite. The French site helps me greatly to understand all and to have a better practice.
Hence, since one month, I practice pranayama with spinal breathing, mulabhanda, sambhavi mudra. I feel sometimes pressure/bite at the coccyx and a pressure at the third eyes. And pleasure going up from root to heart (but not specially located along spinal) during inspiration.

I pratice only one time yoni mudra kumbhaka because it makes me really sweat a lot and I feel really too much heat. After, just finishing pranayama and before meditation, I feel too cold and I have to add clothings.

My question is: is this heat normal or not ?
Do I have to stop yoni mudra kumbhaka because too much heat is maybe dangerous ? Or this heat is a way to clean something and is a part of the process ?

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2017 :  03:35:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi capucine, welcome!

Good to hear AYP is helpful to you The heat and sweating is purification, it is normal in the beginning stages of pranayama. Did you add all you mention here in one month? This could be a bit to much for you at this moment.

It sounds as you are ready for the practices but have to self-pace. Everything that feels as too much, is too much at that moment, we have to get used to new practices.

Could you tell us a bit more about your daily schedule so that we can advice you?

Go to Top of Page

capucine

France
66 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2017 :  11:06:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
happy to read it's normal at the beginning !

yes I add all in one month because it looked easy to do. But as you said, maybe it's too much, I 'm going to suppress yoni mudra kumbhaka during a while.

I pratice pranayama 20 min + meditation 20 min before sleeping (I can not pratice before in the evening). The morning (at wake up) I add the 5 tibetans (I've praticed it with mediation for 9 months). With time I add other asanas that I feel I need: my body is so stiff !

I run 2 or 3 times a week. My health is good, no drugs. I have a large garden to supply organic vegetables and fruits. I eat fish and meat, but no lactose since 2 years and I limit a lot gluten. I have a steady and interesting job.

With meditation, I noticed first my sleep is better (deeper) and I need less hours to sleep.

Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2017 :  1:26:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi capucine,

Thank you for sharing your practice. As you noticed these practices are powerful. Practice right before going to bed is not advised in AYP. Maybe stay up a little while if possible afterwards.

If I were you I would go back with the SB pranayama to 5 till 10 minutes and than 10 to 15 minutes of deep meditation to start with and 10 minutes rest afterwards, preferable two times a day. See for some weeks how this is going. Do you use the mantra?

You can make a choice of asana or/and tibetans, some you like and some you don't like, because we will mostly choose the ones we like but sometimes we need something else

Good to hear the practice works for you. Don't be in a hurry to add new practices, take your time. Less could be more.

I hope you are reading into the french lessons so everything will become clear to you. Let us know how you are doing.

Go to Top of Page

capucine

France
66 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2017 :  04:02:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for answering Charliedog !

As you adviced, I limit now pranayama to 10 min, meditation to 15 min and have some rest and a short activity before going to bed. Shorter but much more intense ! I feel better, some heat but much less and I feel more peaceful, happier during the day.

I use the mantra IAM during mediation and since I add it (one month ago), I feel sometimes like floating. Before knowing AYP, I used to focus on the universal love feeling to encompass me like a bubble, to protect me. It was my main goal practicing meditation. Maybe AYP calls it bakhi.

This feeling is always present today, but with some fears since my unexpected first energy experience. Because it can happened “something” physical. I cannot explain why, but although it was a really good experience with full of divine love, I’m very afraid of it. Today, I cannot deny all this energy side and have to do with. But it’s not easy to accept and to deal with.

My sleeping pattern seems to change. Less sleep, astral projections, more vivid, full of love dreams.

I was worry about sleeping less (without tired) since I’ve praticed meditation, but searching on the forum, it seems to be possible.

Sometimes, since some months, when I feel very “full” of energy, I have like astral projections during my sleep early in the morning, in my bedroom, but I “see” almost nothing. My memories about it is not very clear, and it turns into a dream. It’s very amazing. Searching on this forum, I read it could happened on this way.

I read again and again the french lessons (the first ones), so much interesting information ! The AYP lessons are very helpful and simple to understand thanks to repetition. The forum is very interesting, speaking about all topics with full of wisdom, kindness and balanced advices.

I find the good place to help myself on this spiritual way !

Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2017 :  08:16:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi capucine,

As you are sensitive to the energetic side, self pace will be an important part of your practice. If you still feel too much energy you can pace the SBpranayama down to 5 min. But as you said you have to get used to the new experiences.

Feelings of being irritable, headache, anxiety etc. during the day could be signs of overload, then you need to trim the practice down, mulabandha, shambavi, are also prana activators, are they happening spontaneously?

If not you can leave them out for some time, until you are completely comfortable with SBP and DM.

Sleeping patterns might change, but could also be a sign of too much energy, so keep an eye on that. Take care that you have enough rest, which you will notice that during the day.

Enjoy practice, let us know how you are doing.

Go to Top of Page

capucine

France
66 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2017 :  03:28:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I feel no headache, anxiety or else at all.

I cannot stop mulabandha and shambavi, it’s really automatic with SB pranayama. But I reduce to 5 min. As AYP said, less is more. And I prefer to be careful.

For sleep patterns, I’ll see with time… In usual life (without overload schedule, travels…), I need 1 - 2 hours less sleep than before DM practice (without AYP pratices). But some months is a short time span, let’s see with time.

I’d like to ask you: how to know I’m enough comfortable in some AYP practices and I can add one other ? maybe no heat at all (like DM) ? and a very steady energy sense experience/feelings during practices during some days/weeks ?
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2017 :  08:20:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi capucine,

Sounds as you are on track. If mulabandha and shambavi happen naturally that is fine, let it happen

quote:
I’d like to ask you: how to know I’m enough comfortable in some AYP practices and I can add one other ? maybe no heat at all (like DM) ? and a very steady energy sense experience/feelings during practices during some days/weeks ?

Adding a new practice is more a question of months than weeks. If we are comfortable the practice happens like 'brushing teeth', but of course the experience during practice is never exactly the same.

After some time you could increase the time of DM for instance, and see how that goes for lets say six weeks....or increase SBP with some minutes and see for six weeks. Never take more than one step at a time, this way you learn to know what a practice does for you.
If we are practicing like brushing teeth, sometimes our bhakti will ask for adding a new practice, so that could also be the time to take the next step.

Step by Step www.aypsite.org/58.html Yogani explains

Best wishes and smooth journey

Edited by - Charliedog on Sep 01 2017 08:20:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

capucine

France
66 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2017 :  09:28:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

very clear !

thanks a lot !

Go to Top of Page

YogiSecrets

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2017 :  4:41:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi capucine!

Any time you do any breath holding, you will experience an increase in heat because CO2 is building up in your body and it acts as a very potent vasodilator, allowing blood to move from your core to your extremities.

It's very normal and has many benefits as increasing CO2 levels is something that practitioners of Buteyko breathing (a Russian school of retraining breath for super health) actually strive for. While it seems paradoxical, higher levels of CO2 in the body actually increase oxygenation at the TISSUE level, which is what we want.

If you notice, Yoga books that are fifty years or older recommend both breath retention and reducing the rate of breathing, both of which do the same thing that Buteyko breathing recommends - increasing body CO2 levels so that we eliminate tissue hypoxia - the very thing caused by the well-intentioned overbreathing that is usually taught by yoga instructors today.
Go to Top of Page

capucine

France
66 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2018 :  03:03:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
After one year of AYP, I add yoni mudra kumbhaka to my pratice since weeks. I do it just about one time a week, when I feel the energy high and peaceful. I know I can do it if I succeed to do all my asanas without heat or sweat. In this case, I really feel the energy rises up to third eye without heat. Otherwise, yoni will just give me sweat before rising up.

I try to be always very cautious (less is more) because I feel sometimes how this energy is powerful. Despite this, during the last year, I had some overloads (like low belly burning and pain). Imagining the current of energy flowing freely in my body helps me to come back to a balanced state.

I always need to sleep less than before praticing meditation. The morning, I feel the energy in my kidneys and my spine and it wakes me up. A part of me wants to sleep more, but the energy always wins and I get up to pratice 1h.

The mantra AYAM becomes more and more powerful and often I have to reduce the meditation time to 10 min because I feel too much inner pressure at third eye and I do some nightmares (or not good dreams).
Do you think the cause can be yoni mudra kumbhaka, even doing it one time a week ?

Last week, I try the first refinement of mantra (lesson 116) to reduce the pressure maybe, but I wonder if it's a good idea. I often lose it during seconds (or minuts ?) or come back to the AYAM mantra.
Can we do a mix of mantra AYAM and the first refinement ? or AYAM the morning, and the refinement the evening ? or stay on AYAM ?
Or have I to achieve yoni mudra kumbhaka 3 times morning and evening (like in yogani's lesson) before praticing the first mantra refinement ?

Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2018 :  06:24:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi capucine,

Congrats with the one year of AYP! It sounds your daily practice is doing a good job and that you have a good insight in how to self-pace accordingly.

quote:
The mantra AYAM becomes more and more powerful and often I have to reduce the meditation time to 10 min because I feel too much inner pressure at third eye and I do some nightmares (or not good dreams).
Do you think the cause can be yoni mudra kumbhaka, even doing it one time a week?

Yes that could be very well possible.

quote:
Last week, I try the first refinement of mantra (lesson 116) to reduce the pressure maybe, but I wonder if it's a good idea. I often lose it during seconds (or minuts ?) or come back to the AYAM mantra.
Can we do a mix of mantra AYAM and the first refinement ? or AYAM the morning, and the refinement the evening ? or stay on AYAM ?
Or have I to achieve yoni mudra kumbhaka 3 times morning and evening (like in yogani's lesson) before praticing the first mantra refinement ?

If I were you I would not add the first refinement at the moment, I would stay with AYAM. Do not mix it. Nothing more is needed actually, it sounds that there is a lot of purification, and what you do (imagine the energy free) is good. Heat is purification, as also the nightmares could be.

Take your time, there never has to be hasting or hurry with adding something new. Not adding anything for now is also fine and maybe even better. Later on if everything is smooth and comfortable again, you can add yoni mudra kumbakha if you feel attracted. Start then with for instance only one time, once a week and see what it does for some (like six) weeks.

Never add more then one new practice or change a time, this way you will learn to know exactly what the new added practice does. It will be easy to self-pace or increase a practice this way.

Best wishes, keep in touch

Edited by - Charliedog on Sep 12 2018 07:32:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2018 :  09:44:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, wait for another 6 months at least for the mantra enhancement. The fact that the ayam is calling you means that purification is still required using the base mantra. Also, as Charliedog said, it is a long journey. We don't have to hurry up.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2018 :  9:31:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Greetings Capucine

quote:
After one year of AYP, I add yoni mudra kumbhaka to my pratice since weeks. I do it just about one time a week, when I feel the energy high and peaceful. I know I can do it if I succeed to do all my asanas without heat or sweat. In this case, I really feel the energy rises up to third eye without heat. Otherwise, yoni will just give me sweat before rising up.

I try to be always very cautious (less is more) because I feel sometimes how this energy is powerful. Despite this, during the last year, I had some overloads (like low belly burning and pain). Imagining the current of energy flowing freely in my body helps me to come back to a balanced state.

Play with Yoni like this for awhile, maybe slowly increasing to two, then three a week as your balanced state allows. I love this practice as an artist, because of the visuals, and have it like a dessert when a particular sit has been particularly yummy

If third eye pressure becomes an issue, consider your solar center: https://www.aypsite.org/368.html
Go to Top of Page

capucine

France
66 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2018 :  02:54:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I’m going to follow your advices. I stop the first refinement at the moment. I’m going to try cautiously to self-pace for the third eyes pressure during meditation with lesson 368 to go down the energy. This lesson attracts me a lot because during meditation I quickly feel expansion/opening/ a void ? at the root, then at the throat. After it tries to go to the heart area but I have a small pain here, with the third eye pressure increases. Then I have to stop meditation because it becomes not comfortable.

I try 2-3 times the lesson 220 (opening the heart chakra) https://www.aypsite.org/220.html
to solve this heart pain : do you think it was a good idea ? After, I felt the heart pain decreases, but the third eyes pressure increases.

ok, writing here, I understand that I try too much practices at the same time, and now I don't know the specific effect of each one !

Dogboy, I understand what you me practicing yoni like an artist. I have no visuals but like the feeling I can lead this energy where I want to do what I want with full of freedom.

thank you
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2018 :  03:40:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi capucine,

Keep your daily routine as simple and clear as possible for some time (months). The practice of SBP and DM takes care for overall purification.

During the day you can 'practice' loving kindness or metta and/or service to others where needed as this is heart-opening .

Love & Light to you
Go to Top of Page

capucine

France
66 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2018 :  02:54:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it’s the best. I’m going to come back to the basic practices to reset all.

I’m very clumsy in helping or in giving kindness. I will improve this side of myself.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000