Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Nature of our physical world
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

firosiro

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2017 :  11:40:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've read this pointer from I guess one the successful people who applied Wallace Wittle's "Science of getting rich" to his own success. Our physical world is a dream world, and it works just like dreaming, but generally slower. Its gotten me thinking and I've been wondering about the nature of our physical world. Is it just a more real version of dreaming?

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2017 :  02:08:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi firisiro,

That's a good pointer you have raised I guess that might be reason it's always said think positive as your thoughts become reality
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2017 :  8:14:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI Firosiro,

The Vedas, Patanjali, and Buddha pretty much agree that the cause of suffering is the misunderstanding/misperception of the nature of reality. If the nature of reality were just a dream, why would that make much difference? If one says that it is all illusion, and we are an illusion, and the world is an illusion – then what? Why should anyone bother with spiritual practices and so on? The idea that the world is an illusion does not seem to solve the problem of human suffering. But this is not what the teachings say.

They say that the world is real – but the world is not what we take it to be. The ultimate nature of reality, according to the Vedas, is Brahman – the Absolute, the Composite. It is Pure Bliss. Brahman is beyond time and space, beyond Being and Non-Being; it cannot be put into words, as any words would limit It, so Brahman can be described only in terms of negation (neti neti). The most that can be said is that Brahman is THAT (TAT is Sanskrit). You are That. The world is That. All there is is That. When we get it, we are enlightened.

The good news is that we all have the ability to discover the true nature of reality for ourselves. AYP practices show one way to it - if we are willing to make the journey.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2017 :  9:24:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, a realer dream. I like that.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2017 :  10:04:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps ask me this question when I retire and I'm sipping green smoothie by the beach- I may say it's a dream. But for right now it's as real as it can get. I kid,I kid!

The world is real. It's our identification with it that causes suffering.

Edited by - sunyata on Aug 17 2017 11:35:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2017 :  9:04:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The advent of Witness has in it the the quality of a dream, anchored in present reality.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2017 :  4:52:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The sun has no concern for whether it is day or night it dreams in constant light and energy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000